45 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Eddy101 Keeping private medical is up to you - however, you'd hate for something to happen with your lodgement and then you have no medical aid. 
I'm in the same position and decided to keep Bupa for the time being (which i've already used for private hospital cover), so - I'd suggest you be safe, rather than sorry. 

Also remember guys, medicare do not cover ambulance cost and private hospital cost. And a long que at Govt. hospital. Even if you still cancel private insurence cover please make sure you keep the ambulance cover which govt rebate the ambulance cover. So i only pay $48 per year for ambulance cover at bupa

2 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

Also remember guys, medicare do not cover ambulance cost and private hospital cost. And a long que at Govt. hospital. Even if you still cancel private insurence cover please make sure you keep the ambulance cover which govt rebate the ambulance cover. So i only pay $48 per year for ambulance cover at bupa

@KazBaker That's interesting, I was told Medicare cover 1 ambulance use a year. 
Also - luckily I've never experienced a long queue at a public hospital, but then again - coming from a 3rd world, I suspect that my expectations of a long queue and yours might be very difference ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

@KazBaker That's interesting, I was told Medicare cover 1 ambulance use a year. 
Also - luckily I've never experienced a long queue at a public hospital, but then again - coming from a 3rd world, I suspect that my expectations of a long queue and yours might be very difference ? 

It depands on the area you live in. I live in dandenong in. Vic. Here hospitals are disaster. Long que. and medicare do not cover ambulance but govt rebate your membership fees

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Eddy101 said:

What he meant is that most of the time, what we see in this forum could be worst case scenario. Those which get their visa without any problem generally do not check this forum.

Thank you @Eddy101. Got it, it could be a worst case scenario or someone dying of anxiety (in my case).

57 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

If I have the 457 visa, does the medicare fit into its requirement for insurance cover? As you know, having a insurance cover is one of the requirements for the visa.

I may look at Bupa and see how I can modify my cover to save cost.

4 minutes ago, Eddy101 said:

If I have the 457 visa, does the medicare fit into its requirement for insurance cover? As you know, having a insurance cover is one of the requirements for the visa.

I may look at Bupa and see how I can modify my cover to save cost.

@Eddy101 If you are still on a 457, there are no 2 ways about it - you'll need to keep your 457 medical insurance (it's a requirement).
If you have already lodged your visa and recieved your bridging visa(s), then you can apply for Medicare and lower your 457 insurance cover (to save on cost). Again, this would be entirely up to you (assuming you have already received your bridging visas, if not, nothing you can do about it). 

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@Eddy101 If you are still on a 457, there are no 2 ways about it - you'll need to keep your 457 medical insurance (it's a requirement).
If you have already lodged your visa and recieved your bridging visa(s), then you can apply for Medicare and lower your 457 insurance cover (to save on cost). Again, this would be entirely up to you (assuming you have already received your bridging visas, if not, nothing you can do about it). 

Hi @Hex I do have bridging visa on top of my 457 so I assume I should be ok to go for the medicare. 

Is there any truth in tht the applications lodged by any agent who is under screening of department and lost his licence will take much more time than tht lodged by others. One of mine frnd application is pending from long time and he just changed his agent and new agent told him tht he already got twoapplications frm same agent who are waiting frm long time he Said it's bcz tht agent is under screening when he lodged their applications. Anyone has any idea 

16 minutes ago, Flav said:

I’m in the same boat!!! No response at all

Hi everyone, i just got cal from my MA tonight Co send a link to pay SAVC for my partner english, anyone have any idea after paid that how long it will take.

• Like 1

Employer nomination refused. The case officer has never contacted my employer at all...thats the way they work now...reject socalled incompleted application straight away, not asking for further info. However, it is believed that they are processing Dec 17 application,good luck mates!

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Zomo said:

Employer nomination refused. The case officer has never contacted my employer at all...thats the way they work now...reject socalled incompleted application straight away, not asking for further info. However, it is believed that they are processing Dec 17 application,good luck mates!

It is sad to hear the bad news. Hard luck !

what causes it happens? 

11 minutes ago, nikimino said:

Congrates mate! Can you share your timeline?

Yes Chef TRT 15 nov 2017 asked docs for my husband evidence of english and form 80 on 5 july 2018, 14 aug 2018 CO provide link to pay for english(SAVC) so i give my  card detail to my MA , he will pay today, u have any idea how long it will take after pay. 

7 minutes ago, Kim12 said:

Yes Chef TRT 15 nov 2017 asked docs for my husband evidence of english and form 80 on 5 july 2018, 14 aug 2018 CO provide link to pay for english(SAVC) so i give my  card detail to my MA , he will pay today, u have any idea how long it will take after pay. 

when did your nomination get approved? 

The grant surely will be very soon. Mostly today. Good luck mate!

Hey folks,

186 visa TRT Restaurant manager position got granted yesterday after a quick 8-month turn around.

Still can’t believe it.. hold on to your dreams, do not stop believing in yourself, time will come and award you.

Semding love 

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, LUdo said:

Hey folks,

186 visa TRT Restaurant manager position got granted yesterday after a quick 8-month turn around.

Still can’t believe it.. hold on to your dreams, do not stop believing in yourself, time will come and award you.

Semding love 

Congrats @LUdo!!!! I am happy for you!

Did they ask for extra documents? Could you share the timeline of your application?

39 minutes ago, LUdo said:

Hey folks,

Semding love 

well mate can you update the spreadsheet 

2 hours ago, dschmidt said:

Congrats @LUdo!!!! I am happy for you!

Did they ask for extra documents? Could you share the timeline of your application?

Thanks dschmidt!!
I wasn't asked for any extra docs to provide. My MA was amazing and patient with me!
Applied on December 13th 2017. 
PR granted on August 14th 2018.
My MA was stunned as per the quick turn around!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ank said:

Congrats mate, I m also sailing in the same boat as restaurant manager since December 2017.

Fingers are crossed and prayers are on. 

Hey Ank,
Yours is on its way sooner than you think for sure!! Keep holding on!