6 months for me today. I really thought I'd have it by now :(

Mine been 8 months mate and no contact , it's sooooo frustrating [emoji37][emoji30], called immi yesterday which was of no good as they have the same typical answer that my file has not been allocated still and it takes around 8 months but I have been waiting for 8 months and 1 week now.......still no news, don't know when will it be my turn...[emoji19][emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 months for me today. I really thought I'd have it by now :(

The shared spreadsheet indicates that the processing times for applications made between Jan 2016 and June 2016 has been running at about 8 months. Almost there!

Is your application Transition or Direct Entry?

The shared spreadsheet indicates that the processing times for applications made between Jan 2016 and June 2016 has been running at about 8 months. Almost there!

Is your application Transition or Direct Entry?

Oh I know. I just hoped.

There are people with the same job role and from HR countries with extra people on their visas who have had theirs in around 190 days. I'm on 184 days.

I'm transition, 1 person, and LR.

My Ma stated they are processing feb to June , she feels my file should be opened by end week of Jan or first week of feb and Direct Entry Visa for Managerial roles and ICT ARE taking more time than processing it seems.

lets hope the best.

nom&Visa- 14July2016, HR, Customer Service Manager.Transition

Edited by Braindead

My Ma stated they are processing feb to June , she feels my file should be opened by end week of Jan or first week of feb and Direct Entry Visa for Managerial roles and ICT ARE taking more time than processing it seems.

lets hope the best.

nom&Visa- 14July2016, HR, Customer Service Manager.Transition

There are 2-3 people in May win ICT roles who got their visas in around 190 days.

No, nominations and visas submitted at the same time.

very jammy then... I suppose someone has to be!

I had some emotional attachment to the 6 month mark too. My MA regularly referenced a 6 months processing time up front but started talking about things taking longer around November (my visa nom was 21 June) although I'm a Direct Entry applicant and I'm pretty sure these are taking a little longer to process.

Definitely slower. We began our journey on 20th May with hopes of 4 months.....8 months later we are still waiting. I'm sure it will be this month. Be amazing after all this time. Does shred the excitement though waiting this long.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

very jammy then... I suppose someone has to be!

I had some emotional attachment to the 6 month mark too. My MA regularly referenced a 6 months processing time up front but started talking about things taking longer around November (my visa nom was 21 June) although I'm a Direct Entry applicant and I'm pretty sure these are taking a little longer to process.

Yes I definitely think that MAs are saying 6 months, the immi website says 6 months, and when I applied, 6 months seemed to be the average. It only took my 2 friends 4 months. I understand it's more like 8 now, but it's SO frustrating not knowing when it's going to happen.

Yes I definitely think that MAs are saying 6 months, the immi website says 6 months, and when I applied, 6 months seemed to be the average. It only took my 2 friends 4 months. I understand it's more like 8 now, but it's SO frustrating not knowing when it's going to happen.

Yep its frustrating. Christmas and New Years were good distractions but the benefit of these distractions have been offset by the passing of the 6 month mark (and I feel for those who are waiting longer).

I do think the Dept would benefit from being a little more transparent regarding what appears to be longer that usual processing times but I have to say I don't envy the people presumably working in resource constrained teams who have to deal with all of the calls.

Hindsight is a fine thing but the worst thing I did is register with Immi so I can check my visa status myself. I have to ration myself to 1 check a day and even that is non-value add as any changes will get auto emailed to my MA who is very responsive.

... I don't envy the people presumably working in resource constrained teams who have to deal with all of the calls.

I wonder how much extra time there would be to process visas if immi didn't have to answer all these calls? :wacko:

I wonder how much extra time there would be to process visas if immi didn't have to answer all these calls? :wacko:

Yes it must be a drain on the Dept's resources and also takes up time that could be used by those with genuine issues. I do all my checking on line but you just get you status expressed as one work '"received" which is a little opaque. It would be good to know your approximate position in the queue.

Yep its frustrating. Christmas and New Years were good distractions but the benefit of these distractions have been offset by the passing of the 6 month mark (and I feel for those who are waiting longer).

I do think the Dept would benefit from being a little more transparent regarding what appears to be longer that usual processing times but I have to say I don't envy the people presumably working in resource constrained teams who have to deal with all of the calls.

Hindsight is a fine thing but the worst thing I did is register with Immi so I can check my visa status myself. I have to ration myself to 1 check a day and even that is non-value add as any changes will get auto emailed to my MA who is very responsive.

Our MA has the login so we can't check as they do others in the workplace too can we create our own login too or not?

Our MA has the login so we can't check as they do others in the workplace too can we create our own login too or not?

You can create your own login on the immi website and then import your visa application. However, you can only track your visa application. Nomination application can only be tracked by your MA. So, unless there is any progress in your nomination, you will not know what's happening.

Hi tuckersgirl,

Yes you can. You'll need to create an immiaccount and then import your application to this once you have created the account. To import the application you need your TRN number or your application number plus your DOB, and passport number and country of issue. I can see on my immiaccount that my MA will automatically be emailed should there be any changes to the status of my application or any other communication/request made by the Dept.

Honestly if you have a good MA I don't think having access yourself adds any value whatsoever and if you are like me you will have to fight the urge to continually log on an check and check your status. It's an efficient system but its not a positive experience. I recommend leaving it to your MA who will let you know of any changes to the status of your application and will let you know if you the Dept have any questions/requests. The status update is expressed as one word e.g. "received" and there is a date when your application was last updated (mine is set at my application date in June and presumably this will change if the status of my application changes or if the Dept request some information. There isn't any information about when your application might be processed.

Personally I wish I hadn't set myself up to get access but the choice is yours!