seems like it will not come to a result within 6 months which is the time frame for visa 186.

Are you a non DRC bigjohn?

I haven't been bothering to look at the DIAC website, I'm guessing there are no timeline updates or adjustments?

Edited by Tickled Pink

yes, non DRC through Perth office.

Nom submitted on end of Aug and visa app submitted on mid of Oct.

Ack letter received shortly after submission. Verbally confirmed that both submissions have been linked to each other when I called in at beginning of Dec.

that's all story to now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

A very good forum.

I applied for ENS 186 through MA, I got an email from my MA that stated it is a acknowledgement letter from immi, on 31st itself, got Bridging Visa C on 08 Jan.

Is there anyway to track application? anyone from my

She is saying it is going to take 5 months? Is that correct? Even though we're in Priority 2?

I've seen cases where P.R was granted with in weeks since the lodgement.

Hi all,

Ive submitted Nomination for Direct Entry Stream in November and received at the end of December aknowledgment letter. Havent sent visa application yet. Im not sure if its better to shoot it or wait how the nomination goes.

Any advice?

Regards

Hi all,

Ive submitted Nomination for Direct Entry Stream in November and received at the end of December aknowledgment letter. Havent sent visa application yet. Im not sure if its better to shoot it or wait how the nomination goes.

Any advice?

Regards

I have same timeline as you. I sent DRC 4/11 and I wait for nomination results before I apply for visa. There is always some risk that you can lose money and have in history that your visa has been refused.

I have submitted mine before the nomination went through (and it has in the meantime). I guess it depends on your employer. If you are reasonable confident that they get it, then there is no reason to wait. If on the other hand they are a small business who probably do this for the first time, then you are well advised to wait. They may well make mistakes and then your application fee is gone.

Regards!

I'm pleased to be able to let you all know that things are moving in the Parramatta office as we were granted our visa yesterday.

We went through the direct entry stream. The employer lodged their application the begging of Sept, we put our stuff in two days after that. We got an acknowledgment email for each part around mid October/early Nov. The heard nothing until the visa grant email came through. We were not made aware we had a case officer, and apart from the acknowledgment of a valid application we heard nothing in between submitting out visa and the grant.

We are a non-DRC application, however we submitted all the documents as per the DRC list.

Our application was done without an agent, so if there are any questions I can answer based on my experience with the process without an agent I am very happy to try and do that. The thing I can't comment on is anything to do with the skills assessment as this was not required due to being on the exempt list.

Hopefully other peoples are on their way soon!

Hi Mark

we front loaded all our documents, medicals were taken care of by going to a designated place in Brisbane. We simply told them which visa we were going for and they were able to process things. This is one of the visas they will do the medicals for prior to CO request, as in the 'small print' of preparing the application guidelines it does say to front load everything.

We were sent through the paperwork a couple of days later, and were told not to open the envelopes, however this was only to be sent on if there was a problem DIAC accessing the medical centre data base, they clearly wasn't one, we still have those envelopes. The only other thing we did was to add to the visa list of documents that we uploaded on our application the email receipt to show that our meds had been booked, and at which centre. This also provided our ID numbers so the CO could easily look us up on that system.

Does that help?

I have same timeline as you. I sent DRC 4/11 and I wait for nomination results before I apply for visa. There is always some risk that you can lose money and have in history that your visa has been refused.

Yes, there is that risk for some. We knew 100 % that our employer wouldn't get refused, hence why everything went in together.

Hi Mark

Does that help?

Very much as it's just prompted me to call our hospital that's doing the medical and we're all booked in for the 26 Jan using our TRN. Wish I'd done it sooner now, but would still have to have waited for the processing office to get around to looking at our visa so nothing lost. Many thanks for the info - much appreciated! icon10.png

I'm pleased to be able to let you all know that things are moving in the Parramatta office as we were granted our visa yesterday.

We went through the direct entry stream. The employer lodged their application the begging of Sept, we put our stuff in two days after that. We got an acknowledgment email for each part around mid October/early Nov. The heard nothing until the visa grant email came through. We were not made aware we had a case officer, and apart from the acknowledgment of a valid application we heard nothing in between submitting out visa and the grant.

We are a non-DRC application, however we submitted all the documents as per the DRC list.

Our application was done without an agent, so if there are any questions I can answer based on my experience with the process without an agent I am very happy to try and do that. The thing I can't comment on is anything to do with the skills assessment as this was not required due to being on the exempt list.

Congrats!!!!! Hope so

TP that is fantastic news! I'm really pleased for you. Hope you're planning on celebrating!

Thanks for sticking around to offer an insight to others.

Hey TP,

Congratualations! You must be on cloud nine.

What date specifically did you send your application, and when did you get an acknowledgement on the application?

I am DRC and have a very similar timeline. Both Nom/App Lodged on the 13th of September with electronic verification of receipt on that day, acknowledgement on the 20th of November.

Hopefully I shouldn't be too far behind!

Cheers

Edited by Dogorman65

Hey TP,

Congratualations! You must be on cloud nine.

What date specifically did you send your application, and when did you get an acknowledgement on the application?

I am DRC and have a very similar timeline. Both Nom/App Lodged on the 13th of September with electronic verification of receipt on that day, acknowledgement on the 20th of November.

Hopefully I shouldn't be too far behind!

Cheers

I'm going to try and work those dates out, now I believe the employer put in for nomination n 5th Sept, and we put our stuff in on the 7th Sept. From recollection the nomination was acknowledged on the 24th Oct, and our side about the 15th Nov.

What I would say is the the acknowledged for our side of the application wasn't, or didn't appear to be, an automated one.It provided details of the bridging visa (in case our 457 was running out) and also informed us that we had submitted a valid application. I understand that this means someone has looked at the paperwork just to ascertain that all the necessary documents are there ready for someone to just make a decision. The we herd nothing until the decision email, which it stated it had been granted.