well I can't help but think it would help their end-of-week closure figures & make them look ever more efficient if they ticked some of these off where you'e done all the hard work making sure it's ready to go- my fingers are crossed for a great Christmas present for you both!! (we'll be over there ready to celebrate if mine gets the magic message!) :biggrin:

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me how you get notified if a Case Officer is assigned? Is there just a change in status on the online portal? Or do they sent out a letter/email?

My MA has the login to my online application portal and they get all correspondence sent to them, so I am trying to work out how the best way I can get notified.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi everyone,

My MA lodged my online 186 DRC application to Perth office on 5th Oct, received the AC on 19-Oct.

Do you know how I could get an update of the current processing time? Is there any way for the online applications?

My MA keeps saying that there's no way, yntil it's finalised.

Was told that the department will be working through Christmas and NY- only taking public holiday days off. There will be less staff as some of them are taking time off. 16 Weeks since applying for it!!! (Paramatta-DRC). Just an acknowledgement letter sa far. The timeline at the time of application was 2-4 weeks... Not happy Christmas bunny!!!

Edited by Dimka
typo

Guest amstella

My Nomination was approved yesterday. I applied on 30th August DRC and received ack letter 31st Aug, 457 transition scheme. I also had problems with my nomination and the CO asked for more information 4 weeks ago. It took 2 weeks to gather the info relating to training, then a further 2 weeks for them to approve.

My MA told me that the DIAC (Melb) are closing until January 14th.

My Nomination was approved yesterday. I applied on 30th August DRC and received ack letter 31st Aug, 457 transition scheme. I also had problems with my nomination and the CO asked for more information 4 weeks ago. It took 2 weeks to gather the info relating to training, then a further 2 weeks for them to approve.

My MA told me that the DIAC (Melb) are closing until January 14th.

hi there, did you apply through Melbourne amstella? Me too 3aug but not drc...

regards

Was told that the department will be working through Christmas and NY- only taking public holiday days off. There will be less staff as some of them are taking time off. 16 Weeks since applying for it!!! (Paramatta-DRC). Just an acknowledgement letter sa far. The timeline at the time of application was 2-4 weeks... Not happy Christmas bunny!!!

Hi Dimka, I have applied through Paramatta office also, 12 weeks ago everything was fully submitted and lodged - DRC. Only received acknowledgement so far. Had my fingers crossed for a christmas present from DIAC but does not seem this is the case now :-(

Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum but just wanted to share my situation - Lodged DRC (both nom and app) on 3rd of September - got ack letters on 4 and 22 of October and no update so far. Called my agent today and she has informed that they have only received approvals for July 2012 applications. She has also informed that DIAC will be off on 25,26,27 and 31 of December. But since people are taking their time off there will be a delay and they will get back to their normal operation after 15 of January

Hi there,

I applied with a DRC application Nov 3rd, got ack letter and bridging visa on Dec 7th, now just waiting. My MA told me it is likely to take 2 - 3 months so hoping to hear by end of Jan.

Hi Banana707,

did you apply for Transition stream from 457 or direct entry? Thanks

Guest amstella

My PR was granted yesterday. Applied 31st Aug DRC Melbourne, ENS transition scheme. Acknowledgement letter 13th sept. Nomination approved 17th December, visa approved 20th December.

Hi Everyone,

Just thought to share with you that I got my PR today. My ENS 186 Visa was approved yesterday. The timeline is as follows:

DRC Application by Migration Agent

Nomination and Visa Application Date - 31-July-2012

Office applied - Parammatta

Ack Received - 11-Sep-2012

Nomination Approved - Somewhere around Nov 2012

Visa Approved - 2-Jan-2012

All the best for everyone who is waiting for the visa. Good Luck