Just received an email from a case officer! Hooray!!!

They are asking for proof of English language skills for my wife. She's originally from Finland, but she lived and worked in the UK from 2000 to 2011 and has worked in Melbourne from 2012 onwards. What is the most appropriate proof here? Don't want to spend any more money on this unless we have to - spent a fortune so far...

Anyway - huge relief to hear something!

Just received an email from a case officer! Hooray!!!

They are asking for proof of English language skills for my wife. She's originally from Finland, but she lived and worked in the UK from 2000 to 2011 and has worked in Melbourne from 2012 onwards. What is the most appropriate proof here? Don't want to spend any more money on this unless we have to - spent a fortune so far...

Anyway - huge relief to hear something!

Or so I thought!!! Turns out IELTS can't be taken after the application has been submitted. I'd not done this when I submitted the application and all therefore seemed lost! After 30 mins of pinging emails back and forth (and feeling like jumping out of the window!!) it transpires that you don't need to prove the English language skills if you pay an extra $4250.

Bit the bullet and paid it, so the rest should be a formality.

What a plonker, eh!!

Or so I thought!!! Turns out IELTS can't be taken after the application has been submitted. I'd not done this when I submitted the application and all therefore seemed lost! After 30 mins of pinging emails back and forth (and feeling like jumping out of the window!!) it transpires that you don't need to prove the English language skills if you pay an extra $4250.

Bit the bullet and paid it, so the rest should be a formality.

What a plonker, eh!!

They know how to get money out of us; thats for sure

Hi Guys, lodged my application on Friday after my nomination was approved, so far i have uploaded all the Police Checks from Uk and Australia, do i have to fill in and upload a Form 80 or will my case officer get in touch and let me know what else is required and when to go for the medicals.

thanks in advance

ENS 186

Hi all. I been reading posts here for almost 4 months now and I register now to share my timeline for anyone who is still in the "waiting game" position.

Specially for those who lodged in Perth.

Lodge my employer nomination and visa application thru a MA DRA : June 25, 2013

Did our medical (wife and me with 3 kids) a week before actually lodging.

Acknowledgement letter : June 26, 2013

Called my MA first week of Oct to ask if he have some updates about my case, told me that he'll call DIAC for updates. He then called me a couple of days later and told me he talked to one of the case officer and he got told that time that they were still attending to applications from the 5th of june 2013 and that they reckon my case will be attended between 2nd week of Nov up to 1st week of Dec.

Funny thing is we didn't expect the call from our MA on 1st of Nov. And to our surprised it got granted that day a month earlier than expected! So for some of you that is still waiting, just hang on there and hope you all get it sooner than later.. cheers guys..

thanks, I am presuming that the form 80 has to be done then as part of the ENS Application, the online application doesn't make it that clear, is there anything else that you would recommend getting on the front foot with?

yea, the form 80 is required in most cases but that is not explicitly stated. the CO ends up sending the form to you and you get in a panic trying to get it done and sent back properly and quickly. so i would say yea, do that.

Doing the medicasl depends on you really. there is merit to doing it upfront, but if for some reason, your application is not looked at in time, after a year (and it shouldn't take that long to get processed but there are no guarantees) you might be required to re-do the medicals, which will hurt your pocket.

besides that, just load all your other supporting document. its better to have more than to not have enough IMO.

OMG OMG Its been approved - woop woop :biggrin:

ENS 186 Perth |temporary transit | No agent. Non DRC

22/05/2013: Employer nomination submitted

09/10/2013: Approved

05/09/2013: Application lodged (all documents except health examination files included but did intent to do medical)

18/09/2013: Medical

31/10/2013: Permanent residency Granted

Mines just been approved - woop woop :biggrin:

Graphic Designer

ENS 186 Perth | temporary transit | No agent. (except for training requirement I had some help and a cover letter as mine mainly on the job training) Non DRC

22/05/2013: Employer nomination submitted

09/10/2013: Approved

05/09/2013: Application lodged (all documents except health examination files included but did intent to do medical)

18/09/2013: Medical

31/10/2013: Permanent residency Granted

Can anybody know what date applications approximately the Perth Office is processing?

ps: no MA, non DRC

thanks

An update!... Finally!

I just received my 'Nomination Approval Notification' email!

Updated Timeline:

Nomination and Visa Application lodged together: 19th July 2013

Acknowledgement Receipt: 19th July 2013

Nomination Approval: 5th November 2013

Transition Stream / Parramatta Office / MA / Non-DRC

Fingers crossed the visa is granted soon and good luck to everyone else waiting patiently (the wait is horrendous!)

An update!... Finally!

I just received my 'Nomination Approval Notification' email!

Updated Timeline:

Nomination and Visa Application lodged together: 19th July 2013

Acknowledgement Receipt: 19th July 2013

Nomination Approval: 5th November 2013

Transition Stream / Parramatta Office / MA / Non-DRC

Fingers crossed the visa is granted soon and good luck to everyone else waiting patiently (the wait is horrendous!)

Congratulations on Nomination approval... and good luck for visa application approval.

My timelines so far:

Nomination and Visa Application Lodged together on 26th July 2013

Acknowledgement on 26th July 2013

457 Transition Stream / Parramatta Office / MA /DRC

So far no update, all it say in progress... lets hope its not too far off :biggrin:

Congratulations on Nomination approval... and good luck for visa application approval.

My timelines so far:

Nomination and Visa Application Lodged together on 26th July 2013

Acknowledgement on 26th July 2013

457 Transition Stream / Parramatta Office / MA /DRC

So far no update, all it say in progress... lets hope its not too far off :biggrin:

hI Guys ,

So far we have seen one 186 application loddged on Sep 5 2013 got grant notification ...

Any recent grants ? I have applied on 15th October . Lets post here our updates so that we all know whats going on ...

Kishore.

I have loddged mine in Paramatta on 15th October .

Not sure on the grant for 5th Sep where he loddged it ?

Okay thanks !!!

May be some other office... other offices seems to be bit faster... Parramatta seems to be bit slower... may be too many applications...

But from timeline perspective, none of the offices seems to follow a date based sequence in assigning the CO to process the applications.... the applications are probably grouped by occupation and/or country of origin etc... As I have seen one of the applications lodged on same day as me at Parramatta and got grant in mid-October and another one lodged in August and got grant in October.

So trying to guess from someone else's grant date may not be very helpful... but it will help keep the hopes up :daydreaming:... I suppose..

Hi All,

We have done our medicals on oct 2nd 2013. Reports were uploaded to DIAC on Oct8th .

We have loddged the 186 application on 15th october .

In evisa , the Organize health link is still showing as individual test status as completed and submitted to DIAC.

Not sure when they will clear / finalise . We dont have a CO yet .

Is this normal .

Kishore.