Stream: 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 2 ( 1 offshore)
Visa and Nomination applied:  July 27th, 2020

All relevant documents and health exam provided
IMMI Status: Received ( Visa) 

Nomination: Asked for more documents.
Onshore / NSW

I’ve received my golden email!! Thanks for all your help from this forum.

Below is my timeline:

Stream: 186TRT

Number of applicants: 2

Visa and Nomination applied:  FEB 22nd 2020

IMMI Status: Finalized MAY 5th 2021 

Onshore / WA

Best of luck to all of you!

• Congratulations 5

On 26/04/2021 at 09:01, Gialse said:

Thanks so much mate - I did the same thing and my PR was approved 1 day later on Friday 23rd April!!

Much appreciated.

Hey Gialse, 

Were you on or offshore when you applied? 

Recruitment Consultant here too - 24/7/20 lodgment, 4/8/20 medical/police checks submitted.. Tumbleweed ever since.. 

5 hours ago, Kiwi said:

I’ve received my golden email!! Thanks for all your help from this forum.

Below is my timeline:

Stream: 186TRT

Number of applicants: 2

Visa and Nomination applied:  FEB 22nd 2020

IMMI Status: Finalized MAY 5th 2021 

Onshore / WA

Best of luck to all of you!

Hi Kiwi, Did they ask you or your employer for the any updated documents? I’m waiting both nomination & visa since feb 2020. Congratulations & thanks..

• Congratulations 1

8 hours ago, Nepalese said:

Hi Kiwi, Did they ask you or your employer for the any updated documents? I’m waiting both nomination & visa since feb 2020. Congratulations & thanks..

I updated AFP police clearance after it got expired on March 2021. 

🎉 Some great news from me! 🎉

186 DE granted on 4th May. Less than a month from application. Below is the timeline and other details:

Application date: 16th April 2021
S56 request for health check: 20th April 2021
Health check completed on 27th April 2021 and migration agent confirmed results were uploaded by the clinic on 29th April 2021.
DHA called my employer on 4th May morning to confirm employment and few other details. Visa granted by afternoon of the same day. Very, very quick.

Location: Offshore (yes, that's not a typo!). Working remotely from home at the moment.

I was concerned that offshore applicants weren't being looked at but I believe for PMSOL occupations it doesn't really matter. Happy to answer any questions that may assist other people.
(Please do not ask me about my employer's details, however)

• Congratulations 3

Hi Everyone,

I have a typical situation as below, Can someone guide if I can expect positive news around on my 186 visa.

Currently I am on Bridging visa A as my current Employer1 applied 482 visa back in July 2020 with the occupation as 263213 [ICT Systems test Engineer]. As per VEVO , my bridging visa A is active now.

My job responsibilities fit for bot 263213 and as well as 263111 which is computer network and systems engineer, I have done ACS skill assessment with 263111 and got positive outcome.

Later, this year March 2021, I have got another job from the Employer2 and they applied 186 DE visa with occupation as 263111 since I have positive skill assessment. I have received Bridging visa C which is not active as I am already holding bridging visa A by Employer1.

The lawyer told me that once 186 DE granted, I need to withdraw my 482 visa application from EMPLOYER1 and join EMPLOYER2 with immediate effect.

my questions are below.

1) Will the department cancel/refuse the application since there are two visa applications on my name with two different occupations from two different employers?

2) Any idea on how department select the visa application when there are two visa applications on one person name?

Thanks
Shashank.

6 minutes ago, Shashank2000 said:

Hi Everyone,

I have a typical situation as below, Can someone guide if I can expect positive news around on my 186 visa.

Currently I am on Bridging visa A as my current Employer1 applied 482 visa back in July 2020 with the occupation as 263213 [ICT Systems test Engineer]. As per VEVO , my bridging visa A is active now.

My job responsibilities fit for bot 263213 and as well as 263111 which is computer network and systems engineer, I have done ACS skill assessment with 263111 and got positive outcome.

Later, this year March 2021, I have got another job from the Employer2 and they applied 186 DE visa with occupation as 263111 since I have positive skill assessment. I have received Bridging visa C which is not active as I am already holding bridging visa A by Employer1.

The lawyer told me that once 186 DE granted, I need to withdraw my 482 visa application from EMPLOYER1 and join EMPLOYER2 with immediate effect.

my questions are below.

1) Will the department cancel/refuse the application since there are two visa applications on my name with two different occupations from two different employers?

2) Any idea on how department select the visa application when there are two visa applications on one person name?

Thanks
Shashank.

1) They won't
2) There is no specific order. Whatever comes to their desk first. But remember if your 186 is granted and your 482 is granted after that then your 186 will cease to exist and you won't be a PR. I would suggest, give your notice to employer 1 and work for employer 2. If Bridging Visa C comes into effect, apply for working rights on it. It is usually granted fairly easily.

Seek advise from a registered agent/lawyer on this. Get a second/third opinion if needed.

3 minutes ago, dex1994 said:

1) They won't
2) There is no specific order. Whatever comes to their desk first. But remember if your 186 is granted and your 482 is granted after that then your 186 will cease to exist and you won't be a PR. I would suggest, give your notice to employer 1 and work for employer 2. If Bridging Visa C comes into effect, apply for working rights on it. It is usually granted fairly easily.

Seek advise from a registered agent/lawyer on this. Get a second/third opinion if needed.

Thank you.

Employer 2 will allow me to join once my 186 approved only, there are some obligations within Employer2. I am sure that once 186 granted, within hours time, I will ensure to withdraw my 482 from Employer1.

All I am worried is, how department takes of two different occupations on same applicant.?

5 hours ago, Shashank2000 said:

Thank you.

Employer 2 will allow me to join once my 186 approved only, there are some obligations within Employer2. I am sure that once 186 granted, within hours time, I will ensure to withdraw my 482 from Employer1.

All I am worried is, how department takes of two different occupations on same applicant.?

Don't worry about it. Speak clearly to your migration agent and follow their advise. Get a second opinion if it helps.
Personally, I believe there is absolutely no issues with two different occupations. DHA realizes there is a lot of overlap between similar occupation codes.

18 hours ago, dex1994 said:

Don't worry about it. Speak clearly to your migration agent and follow their advise. Get a second opinion if it helps.
 Personally, I believe there is absolutely no issues with two different occupations. DHA realizes there is a lot of overlap between similar occupation codes.

Many thanks, fingers crossed 🙂

I am a silent reader of this forum and I have got my VISA granted this week. 

here is my timeline. 

Role - Apllication Programmer

Visa and Nomination applied - 13th of May 2020

Required further information about company revenue - 31st August 2020

Details submitted - 25th of September 2020

Nomination Approved - 4th of May 2021

VISA granted - 5th of May 2021

I wish all of you all Good Luck...!!🤗

• Congratulations 3

Anyone here a Software Engineer waiting for their 186 TRT grant? Also, anyone who just recently been granted? 

Applicants: 1 Onshore + 2 (wife and baby) offshore

Application and nomination date: April 14, 2021

s56 asking for medical: April 19, 2021 (Initial Assessment Status)

Medicals completed and cleared: May 3, 2021 (Still in Initial Assessment status)

1 minute ago, dom24 said:

Anyone here a Software Engineer waiting for their 186 TRT grant? Also, anyone who just recently been granted? 

Applicants: 1 Onshore + 2 (wife and baby) offshore

Application and nomination date: April 14, 2021

s56 asking for medical: April 19, 2021 (Initial Assessment Status)

Medicals completed and cleared: May 3, 2021 (Still in Initial Assessment status)

@dom24 It's been 18 days since you applied, you might be expecting a little too much, too quickly! 🤣

There was an application approved for this role (although DE) just a little up on this same page of the thread by @dex1994

This role (in both DE and TRT) is typically processing real quick lately (the fact that they've already requested additional information proves that).

- I'm sure it'll come soon, just need to be a little more patient. I suspect someone will pick up the s56 within a couple days and if all boxes are ticked, you'll get the good news. 

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

@dom24 It's been 18 days since you applied, you might be expecting a little too much, too quickly! 🤣

There was an application approved for this role (although DE) just a little up on this same page of the thread by @dex1994

This role (in both DE and TRT) is typically processing real quick lately (the fact that they've already requested additional information proves that).

- I'm sure it'll come soon, just need to be a little more patient. I suspect someone will pick up the s56 within a couple days and if all boxes are ticked, you'll get the good news. 

Thanks for the response @Hex. Yeah.. I'm missing my 1 yr old daughter 😞. Also, just wanted to check if there are TRT applications here as most of the Software engineer applicants I've seen in this thread are DEs.  

1 hour ago, dom24 said:

Thanks for the response @Hex. Yeah.. I'm missing my 1 yr old daughter 😞. Also, just wanted to check if there are TRT applications here as most of the Software engineer applicants I've seen in this thread are DEs.  

Its hard for every one, who is waiting. Especially those who are waiting like me from Nov 2019. My daughter is also offshore and living apart from us more than three years. Hope we get good news soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kewalch said:

Its hard for every one, who is waiting. Especially those who are waiting like me from Nov 2019. My daughter is also offshore and living apart from us more than three years. Hope we get good news soon.

what's your job role?

Government is able to understand that there is shortage of staff in hospitality and tourism industry. Hence international students can work more than 20 hrs. 
still many hospitality visa applications are not finalised!!!!!!!!! Strange 

waiting from mid of 2019 

Hi guys, I finally got my golden email!

My timelines:

Diesel mechanic: 3 years for 457 visa 3 applicants onshore 

186 TRT and nomination logged Earlier April 2020

Health exams: late May 2020

S56 August 2020  employer tax return 

S56 September 2020 more details from employer

S56 November 2020 Police clearances for all

S56 October 2020 wages payment evidences

Nomination approved mid/ 3/21 

S56 March / 21 update Primary police clearance 

S56 April /21 update secondary police clearance 

S64 May VAC2 paid same-day visa granted.

Thank you for everyone, be patient and you are doomed to success! I wish you all good luck, God bless you!

• Congratulations 4

16 hours ago, Hopeforever said:

Government is able to understand that there is shortage of staff in hospitality and tourism industry. Hence international students can work more than 20 hrs. 
still many hospitality visa applications are not finalised!!!!!!!!! Strange 

waiting from mid of 2019 

I’m in same boat mate but I have my hopes up once again they ask me to renew my medical check up I got the email on Saturday luckily I find an available spot for next week. Just I don’t understand why they didn’t ask me to provide police check and medical check up together coz I got the email in March to provide police check. Hopefully that’s the last thing 🙏