Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

Hey hey,

So I have a situation here...

Basically, my partner's employer doesn't want to let him go and he's ready to fight and appeal. Our migration agent says that it doesn't make sense because the chances are super low.

My partner said to the boss that if they want to keep him, they literally have one month to get him a PR as he already resigned. The boss says that they will make the application being fast-tracked (don't ask me why would we fit in in being fast-tracked as I can't find any reasonable explanation) and he will get support. They have a meeting today with another migration agent. Anyway, did anyone hear about the consequences and risks when the appeal is being rejected?

We know we would have to leave Australia to apply for another visa as you can't do it onshore, is there anything else?

Thanks in advance!


Occupation: Software Engineer
State: NSW
Birth Country: Poland
Stream: 186 Direct Entry
Number of applicants: 2
Nomination applied: 05 August 2019

ENS 186 Visa: 7 August 2019
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stefmelb said:

My family of 6 has been living in Australia for almost 8 years. Waiting 16 months so far for PR. Our nomination was approved over 8 months ago. We've had a request for more information (form 80), had another baby while waiting for PR, added him to the application, then a request for his health which was submitted May 25 2019. I feel like each request for more information is putting us right back at the bottom of the pile. Anyone else experiencing this? 

Exactly,each time they request document wait gets longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAJ.N said:

Hi Nat,

So sorry to hear that.

How about 189 Skilled visa? It's heaps faster .

Heyy,

It is our second option, but my partner would have to pass IELTS on like 8.0 (?) to have enough points.

If 186 will completely fail, then we will try to go on 189 🙂


Occupation: Software Engineer
State: NSW
Birth Country: Poland
Stream: 186 Direct Entry
Number of applicants: 2
Nomination applied: 05 August 2019

ENS 186 Visa: 7 August 2019
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stefmelb said:

My family of 6 has been living in Australia for almost 8 years. Waiting 16 months so far for PR. Our nomination was approved over 8 months ago. We've had a request for more information (form 80), had another baby while waiting for PR, added him to the application, then a request for his health which was submitted May 25 2019. I feel like each request for more information is putting us right back at the bottom of the pile. Anyone else experiencing this? 

Don't tell me... getting crazy here...

Same situation... only we applied in April 2017

They requested new medical checks on 10th of April 2019... still waiting...

Tried to ring last week... they haven't even asked for our names or reference number, they just gave us a super generic email where to ask more info..

Useless...


186 trt

3 applicants - Low risk country

Occupation: youth worker

Visa and nomination applied: 11 April 2017

Nomination approved: 15 March 2018

15 March 2018, doc request: afp , re-send contract

11May 2018, doc request: form 80 (uploaded on 14 May 2018)

26 March 2019: first complaint (through MA)

08 April 2019 : notification that my partner passed his character assessment 

10 April 2019 doc request: medicals (they were 2 years old)

2 May 2019:  medical results uploaded on immiaccount

10 June 2019 : second complaint (through MA)

15 June 2019 : PR!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, natmis said:

Hey hey,

So I have a situation here...

Basically, my partner's employer doesn't want to let him go and he's ready to fight and appeal. Our migration agent says that it doesn't make sense because the chances are super low.

My partner said to the boss that if they want to keep him, they literally have one month to get him a PR as he already resigned. The boss says that they will make the application being fast-tracked (don't ask me why would we fit in in being fast-tracked as I can't find any reasonable explanation) and he will get support. They have a meeting today with another migration agent. Anyway, did anyone hear about the consequences and risks when the appeal is being rejected?

We know we would have to leave Australia to apply for another visa as you can't do it onshore, is there anything else?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Natmis,

 

Why should you leave Australia and then apply for a new visa?


Onshore

High risk country

Nomination applied: 23/02/2019

Employer received the famous email on April 4th 2019

Visa applied: 04/05/2019

Medical requested: 04/05/2019

Medical cleared on 15/05/2019

Nomination approved: 08/06/2019

Visa approved: 01/07/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, natmis said:

Heyy,

It is our second option, but my partner would have to pass IELTS on like 8.0 (?) to have enough points.

If 186 will completely fail, then we will try to go on 189 🙂

@natmis He should only need a 6 on IELTS in the general sitting. 

The only reason you would need the 8.0 is if you needed extra points or were in a profession that required it (academic test) - i.e. teacher / doctor. 

If he did school in English, proof of 5 years (in English) should also suffice. 
- Alternatively, you could get him to do a skill assessment and go DE 🙂


Occupation: Developer Programmer
State: NSW
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anajmi said:

Hi Natmis,

 

Why should you leave Australia and then apply for a new visa?

Hi,

Sorry, I should probably quote my previous post. In short, employer's nomination has been refused and we wanted to withdraw the application.

They want to appeal but our migration agent says there is a vary small chance to win an appeal and tbh I don't have nerves to wait another god knows how many months.

We found out that if the appeal is being refused as well, you can't apply for any other visa being onshore -> you need to leave and apply offshore.

The question is - what are other consequences of appeal being rejected? 


Occupation: Software Engineer
State: NSW
Birth Country: Poland
Stream: 186 Direct Entry
Number of applicants: 2
Nomination applied: 05 August 2019

ENS 186 Visa: 7 August 2019
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, natmis said:

Hey hey,

So I have a situation here...

Basically, my partner's employer doesn't want to let him go and he's ready to fight and appeal. Our migration agent says that it doesn't make sense because the chances are super low.

My partner said to the boss that if they want to keep him, they literally have one month to get him a PR as he already resigned. The boss says that they will make the application being fast-tracked (don't ask me why would we fit in in being fast-tracked as I can't find any reasonable explanation) and he will get support. They have a meeting today with another migration agent. Anyway, did anyone hear about the consequences and risks when the appeal is being rejected?

We know we would have to leave Australia to apply for another visa as you can't do it onshore, is there anything else?

Thanks in advance!

@natmis That's great news - i'm glad to hear it. The only question I have is; 

How would the employer ensure to get any response from the department within 1 month?
Honestly - unless they have someone in the department to help, or an agent that "knows someone, that knows someone 🙂 ", I don't see it possible. 
- Also, if this was the case, surely they would have used this "connection" to speed your previous applications up. What's changed that they now have access to 1 month response? 

Although it's great that the employer wants you guys, i'd be careful to not put your eggs in one basket and have a fall back strategy (which it sounds like you do), just in case. 

 


Occupation: Developer Programmer
State: NSW
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, natmis said:

Hi,

Sorry, I should probably quote my previous post. In short, employer's nomination has been refused and we wanted to withdraw the application.

They want to appeal but our migration agent says there is a vary small chance to win an appeal and tbh I don't have nerves to wait another god knows how many months.

We found out that if the appeal is being refused as well, you can't apply for any other visa being onshore -> you need to leave and apply offshore.

The question is - what are other consequences of appeal being rejected? 

@natmis I'm curious - if his employer is so keen to keep him. Could he not simply "sponsor" a DE visa, or even better a 189 (if you guys qualify for it). 
- When i say sponsor, I mean as in to pay for it. 

If your 457 is running out, I've had a friend go from a 457 to the new equivalent (482) within about a month of application (they really quick).


Occupation: Developer Programmer
State: NSW
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/06/2019 at 13:13, Taka said:

same with you..

Have you got much feedback since? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hex said:

@natmis That's great news - i'm glad to hear it. The only question I have is; 

How would the employer ensure to get any response from the department within 1 month?
Honestly - unless they have someone in the department to help, or an agent that "knows someone, that knows someone 🙂 ", I don't see it possible. 
- Also, if this was the case, surely they would have used this "connection" to speed your previous applications up. What's changed that they now have access to 1 month response? 

Although it's great that the employer wants you guys, i'd be careful to not put your eggs in one basket and have a fall back strategy (which it sounds like you do), just in case. 

 

Well, that's a good question. As far as I know, the start up is supported by the government as they are working on the common project so they know some people.  

They can't ensure us that we will get a PR within a month so our priority now is to find another employer and that's what we're focusing on.

  • Like 1

Occupation: Software Engineer
State: NSW
Birth Country: Poland
Stream: 186 Direct Entry
Number of applicants: 2
Nomination applied: 05 August 2019

ENS 186 Visa: 7 August 2019
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hex said:

@natmis I'm curious - if his employer is so keen to keep him. Could he not simply "sponsor" a DE visa, or even better a 189 (if you guys qualify for it). 
- When i say sponsor, I mean as in to pay for it. 

If your 457 is running out, I've had a friend go from a 457 to the new equivalent (482) within about a month of application (they really quick).

He actually did pay for it, and he's keen to cover all costs.

We weren't on 457 visa, we came to Australia on 476 visa and then, after 1.5 year, applied for 186 DE.

 

  • Like 1

Occupation: Software Engineer
State: NSW
Birth Country: Poland
Stream: 186 Direct Entry
Number of applicants: 2
Nomination applied: 05 August 2019

ENS 186 Visa: 7 August 2019
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/04/2019 at 16:35, AMcclain said:

Hey Mate,

Thats sad to hear. Did they mention the reason as to why they refused the nomination ? What has your MA suggested ?

Hi Guys,

Sad news.., After a long wait of 15 and a half months my nomination got rejected. The reason is that the training levy which was to be paid every year was paid in lump-sum ( was just overlooked and not intentional by the company ) before lodging the nomination. It was paid in full by a sister-company under the company i work for. Basically it is the same company with same people. Can anyone shed some light as to why this could be a issue? I now have to decide to withdraw or to wait out the 28 days and then appeal to the AAT. My MA says we have a case but it could take 1-1.5 years to get the case opened with AAT. Do you know if they can fast-track cases or do they pick-up quicker cases. Very disheartened and sad..In shock .. Any suggestions or ideas ??


Occupation: ICT Support Engineer
State: QLD
 Country: HR
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 3
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied: 20th February 2018
IMMI Status: Nomination Refused 3rd June 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AMcclain said:

Hi Guys,

Sad news.., After a long wait of 15 and a half months my nomination got rejected. The reason is that the training levy which was to be paid every year was paid in lump-sum ( was just overlooked and not intentional by the company ) before lodging the nomination. It was paid in full by a sister-company under the company i work for. Basically it is the same company with same people. Can anyone shed some light as to why this could be a issue? I now have to decide to withdraw or to wait out the 28 days and then appeal to the AAT. My MA says we have a case but it could take 1-1.5 years to get the case opened with AAT. Do you know if they can fast-track cases or do they pick-up quicker cases. Very disheartened and sad..In shock .. Any suggestions or ideas ??

Hi  AMcclain

Sorry to hear that. What do you mean by saying training levy per year? My company has paid only 3000 for training levy. Is there anything that is missed here?


Onshore

High risk country

Nomination applied: 23/02/2019

Employer received the famous email on April 4th 2019

Visa applied: 04/05/2019

Medical requested: 04/05/2019

Medical cleared on 15/05/2019

Nomination approved: 08/06/2019

Visa approved: 01/07/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/06/2019 at 10:49, Jk000 said:

I applied 186 trt from 457

Occupation..  cook

Nomination  and visa applied.. 06 Dec 2018

Nomination approved.. 21 May

Request information..  21 May(health check, police report)

Request submitted..  30 May 

Still i can see initial assessment 

 

How long will take to get pr ..🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Very soon congratulations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got “Finalised “ in short after Vac2 Payment ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John007 said:

Anyone got “Finalised “ in short after Vac2 Payment ????

Hi, John007

Have you recieved the invoice from co and paid the vac2 fee? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for making amazing effort in building this forum. Came here since 2011 and never thought i would have stay on since then and on different visas. Today i finally received my golden email. Still feeling on cloud nice and wish everyone all the best! your time will come soon! 

  • Congratulations 6

Occupation: Student Counselor
State: WA
Birth Country: LR
Stream: ENS TRT

Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Nomination approved: 2 April 2019
Visa Application submitted: 19 March 2019

IMMI Status: Initial Assessment on 4 April 2019 

Further Assessment :15 April 2019
Notification of incorrect answers : 30 May 2019 
Immi status: FINALISED with visa grant:  6 June 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, matt0713 said:

Hi, John007

Have you recieved the invoice from co and paid the vac2 fee? 

Thanks

Yes 29th May now Further Assessment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, John007 said:

Yes 29th May now Further Assessment 

Thanks, good luck. The golden email is coming.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, Hex said:

@Rik9 If it's just a name change then I don't see it having any impact on your visa. 

Worst case is they might need to re-run some checks (against the new name) but I don't see if causing an issue. I do think it's something you need to let them know of though. 

Cheers @Hex. That was my thought too, I will just let them know as soon as I have the formal paperwork.


Occupation: Mechanical Engineer

Visa type: 186 ENS TRT - from grandfathered 457

Country risk: Main Applicant - UK (LR) with UK partner

Number of Applicants: 2

Nomination and visa application submitted: May 11, 2019

Nomination Approved: May 14, 2019

Medicals: Completed May 16, 2019 - Results uploaded to immi May 17, 2019

Received s56: May 13, 2019 - s56 requests Medical Assessment

Immi Status: Finalised May 24th, 2019

Processing Centre: NSW PSE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, natmis said:

Heyy,

It is our second option, but my partner would have to pass IELTS on like 8.0 (?) to have enough points.

If 186 will completely fail, then we will try to go on 189 🙂

hello

i think visa 189 and 190 are good option for PR . We also face refusal in PR because our owner sold his business . So my husband decide to apply visa 190. We have only 65 point and occupation is cook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, matt0713 said:

Hi, John007

Have you recieved the invoice from co and paid the vac2 fee? 

Thanks

I ve also paid vac 2  jun 4  and my child medical 3rd jun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody have idea can we get pr after submitting request documents if our nominations approved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dhakalbinod said:

Anybody have idea about ens 186 visa processing .i want to share my situation,ens trt applied January 2018, employer side documents neither  requested nor nomination approved yet, but got a request of s56 information asking for overseas police clearance of applicant  and dependent English on 25 march 2019  which was submitted on april 4 2019 .upto now no updates.waiting time really killing me ,anyone have idea about it would be appreciable

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×