Does anybody have experience with changing Job Titles in their 457 role, then applying for a 186 TRT?

Worried the Department might refuse me for the slightest raised eye brow? 

My MA said the following on the subject;

Notably, Whites changed roles from Desktop Support Engineer to Global Support Analyst in August 2016. As this was a vertical promotion with increased responsibility with the main duties of the new role continue to fall under the occupation of ICT Support Engineer, Whites should continue to meet the requirements under the grandfathering arrangements.

Would anyone be worried?

I was just wondering if it was worth appointing an agent to manage the visa application? Is it wise to submit a visa application once the nomination is done and paid? I have 3 dependents and dont really want to pay the full visa fees and then find out later that the nomination was not approved.

3 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

Does anybody have experience with changing Job Titles in their 457 role, then applying for a 186 TRT?

Would anyone be worried?

I consulted with HR about my promotion, and decided to postpone it, as they said there is a slight chance it might affect the visa grant. So I decided not to take the risks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

Would anyone be worried?

I was told that as long as the change in role is not substantial and still falls within the same "umbrella" of responsibilities then this would be fine.

- An example I always use is;
Going from Software Engineer, to Senior Software Engineer is perfectly fine. 
Going from Software Engineer, to Receptionist (massive responsibility change), would be rejected. 

8 minutes ago, fifi186 said:

I was just wondering if it was worth appointing an agent to manage the visa application? Is it wise to submit a visa application once the nomination is done and paid? I have 3 dependents and dont really want to pay the full visa fees and then find out later that the nomination was not approved.

@fifi186 This is the chance you take i'm afraid. 
You have 2 options here;
- Apply for the nomination and wait for the result before lodging the visa (you can get all the documents in order and prepped so long)
This would allow you to only lodge the visa once the nomination is approved, knowing that this would be the next, required step.
    Advantage: You allow additional time to get the funds needed and it's a little more secure.
    Disadvantage: It will increase your waiting period of approval.

- Apply for the nomination and visa at the same time.
    Advantage: You wait period would be less, they could review the visa on nomination approval.
    Disadvantage: You risk the nomination being rejected and having to withdraw the visa application.

Edited by Hex

Just now, Hex said:

I was told that as long as the change in role is not substantial and still falls within the same "umbrella" of responsibilities then this would be fine.

- An example I always use is;
Going from Software Engineer, to Senior Software Engineer is perfectly fine. 
Going from Software Engineer, to Receptionist (massive responsibility change), would be rejected. 

Yea Hex - I heard the same. It was just more of a Senior role, just worded strange for in-house use only. I wish my company never even added it to the Application to be honest. 

The Job Description they sent is exactly the same as ICT Support Engineer - so fingers crossed I don't have issues. 

4 minutes ago, Loktar said:

I consulted with HR about my promotion, and decided to postpone it, as they said there is a slight chance it might affect the visa grant. So I decided not to take the risks.

This is still the best approach in my opinion. 
If there is no need to "shake the boat", then don't. 🙂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

Yea Hex - I heard the same. It was just more of a Senior role, just worded strange for in-house use only. I wish my company never even added it to the Application to be honest. 

The Job Description they sent is exactly the same as ICT Support Engineer - so fingers crossed I don't have issues. 

@Whites.uk The important part of this sentence is the "job description is exactly the same" - this is awesome, as far as I know, this is what the CO will check to confirm and compare responsibilities. 

Edited by Hex

4 hours ago, carLd said:

Hi there! 

I have been reading posts and comments on this thread for a while, I want to share our on going journey with 457 to 186 TRT.

• State: NSW
  • Country Origin: Philippines
  • No. of Applicants: 1 Main 2 Dependents
  • Stream: 457 to 186 TRT
  • Visa and Nomination lodged with Agent(Mara): 21 September 2017
  • Nomination Approved: 29 January 2018
  • Visa Status: Further Assessment
  • health Assessment: Wait for further advice from the department

We hope and pray for a positive outcome, Trying to be positive at all times!

Do u waiting from 2017? Though ur nomination approved in 4 months..

Hi All -

I am glad to share the good news that I got my golden email yesterday. 11 months of anxious wait is now over and ready to move on in life, take up the next challenge and enjoy life as well during the course. I can imagine how stressful is the period of this indefinite wait for people looking forward to hear the good news but stay positive and trust the process, as the saying goes "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

Below are my timelines and same is updated in the signature. Please update the spreadsheet.

Please note medicals had expired in oct/nov 2018 and there were no request for additional documentation.

State: QLD
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  20/02/2018

Nomination approved: 12/12/2018
Visa approved: 22/01/2019

Wish you guys good luck and sending positive vibes!

Edited by rem279
  • Congratulations 28

2 hours ago, Moni said:

Do u waiting from 2017? Though ur nomination approved in 4 months..

Unfortunately yes I have been waiting for our visa for 14 months now since lodged. I don’t have health clearance yet looking at my immi account.

3 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

hello guys,

i just need some info for one of my friend, he and his wife going to apply 186 TRT by the end of next month.

he just wondering, is he have to pay two visa fees of S3755 or just need to pay one visa fee for both couple?

Please answer

typically his wife will pay a fee that is roughly half of his fee, that's what we paid. Then children are half again

Edited by Pottsie
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

hello guys,

i just need some info for one of my friend, he and his wife going to apply 186 TRT by the end of next month.

he just wondering, is he have to pay two visa fees of S3755 or just need to pay one visa fee for both couple?

Please answer

It is roughly 1.5 visa fees. On the DoHA web site there is a visa fee calculator for the variable number of people.

Edited by Loktar

On 22/01/2019 at 16:11, VBB said:

My 186 visa was granted today. Feel free to add to the spreadsheet:

State: VIC
Stream: 186 TRT
Nomination and Visa applied: Feb 20 2018
Nomination approved: Dec 12 2018 (notified by MA)
Visa granted: Jan 22 2019

The status on the IMMI website was showing up as Received until the visa was granted, when it changed to Finalized straight away.

Best of luck yall.

@VBB - Congratulations! Surprisingly my timelines are similar to yours, except that my role is Software Tester 🙂

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 4

2 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

hello guys,

Please answer

@Kashif.Iqbal This is typically the break down:

image.png.06683ea994298a166a4ee14bdc56830e.png

15 hours ago, Whites.uk said:

Would anyone be worried?

Hi, I accepted a promotion and got my 186 TRT Nov 18. no questions asked, whilst both jobs still fell under the sponsored nomination of management consultant. I asked and went with my MAs advice..... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rem279 said:

Hi All -

I am glad to share the good news that I got my golden email yesterday. 11 months of anxious wait is now over and ready to move on in life, take up the next challenge and enjoy life as well during the course. I can imagine how stressful is the period of this indefinite wait for people looking forward to hear the good news but stay positive and trust the process, as the saying goes "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

Below are my timelines and same is updated in the signature. Please update the spreadsheet.

Please note medicals had expired in oct/nov 2018 and there were no request for additional documentation.

I am on the same occupation, hoping i would be the next one to share.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rem279 said:

Hi All -

Hi @rem279 ! I am in the same occupation too! So happy to see it! Congratulations and enjoy your time! @ajk Hope they will open all the software tester applications now! :D

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, CharlotteR said:

Hello - where did you see this and what are the new processing times please? When checking online, I'm still seeing 10-14 months for 186 DE...

Cheers

Probably your account haven't refreshed yet.

For most of us have immi is showing "11 months to 16 months".