16 minutes ago, Vince Tran said:

Guys,

What to do when your supporting documents are going to expire and your Nomination has not been approved yet. I asked my agent and he said as long as i submit the visa 186 application prior the expire date of the supporting documents, it should be fine even if the documents are expired after the lodgement date. Is this true ?

Is there anyone in the same situation ?

• Professional Year valid till 29/05/2019
  • IELTS valid till 24/10/2018 - this is going to cost me $$$ to redo
  • Skills Assessment valid till 15/06/2018 - this is going to cost me $$$ to redo
  • AFP valid till 24/08/2018
  • Oversea Police Check valid till 31/10/2018 - this is a painful process to get it done

Please advise - thanks

You don't need to worry about IELTS. If you're a main applicant and IELTS was valid at the time you submitted your visa application, you're fine. 

Professional year and Skill Assessment, I don't think you have to redo it. I'm not sure about these two cuz I was TRT, so you're better to check on immi website.

AFP and Oversea Police Check, I'm pretty sure that you're gonna redo it when it's expired. It's valid for 12 months. For Vietnamese, please make sure that you've submitted Police Clearance No 2.

11 minutes ago, TommyC said:

You don't need to worry about IELTS. If you're a main applicant and IELTS was valid at the time you submitted your visa application, you're fine. 

Professional year and Skill Assessment, I don't think you have to redo it. I'm not sure about these two cuz I was TRT, so you're better to check on immi website.

AFP and Oversea Police Check, I'm pretty sure that you're gonna redo it when it's expired. It's valid for 12 months. For Vietnamese, please make sure that you've submitted Police Clearance No 2.

Hi Tommy,

Just did a bit of research on Immi website, and they said the following:

• Skill assessment: A skills assessment is only valid until the expiry date specified on the assessment, or for a period of three years from the assessment's date of issue, whichever occurs first - It seems that I will have to redo my SAs.
  • IELTS: As a result, you must provide evidence of having achieved the required minimum test scores in a specified English language test that has been conducted within three years immediately prior to the date of your application - They said "within 3 years immediately prior to the date of your application", I assume I will not need to redo this as long as I submit my visa before the expiry date.

This is the only thing that I can find out about Professional Year, nothing much about it

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/Professional-year-in-Australia.aspx

And for the Vietnamese Police Check, i did do the Clearance No.2. Just hope that I do not have to redo it as it is a real PITA and I m not intending to leave the country until my visa is done and over with.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Siddu said:

Any cook got approvals applied in may/June 2017?

trt

Chef, 30 June 186 TRT from regional area..

no news, but Compare to the other I'm not waiting for a long long time, still frustrating but I can not complain ??

Honestly really. Can’t understand how immi works
I applied for my visa on 20/June /17 as a cook TRT stream and still waiting no news
And my friend applied on 29/June/17 and his file opend today ask for last company bank account
So pls if some one can help me how ?

13 minutes ago, navneet said:

I applied for my visa on 20/June /17 as a cook TRT stream and still waiting no news
And my friend applied on 29/June/17 and his file opend today ask for last company bank account

What is your friend occupation?

is it same as cook and same organisation??

1 hour ago, navneet said:

Why would they need his old company's bank account if he is TRT with another, newer company? Doesn't sound right.

Edited by Parkesy