Hi all,

could you please add me to the spreadsheet.

Nomination & Application Submitted: 29/06/2017

Category: 457 to 186 TRT

No. Applicants: 2

State:VIC 

i have been waiting 17 months now.

22 hours ago, MP007 said:

After compiling most of recent comments these are people waiting since 2016-17

MP007, Sema, TRN, Toryalis, Masha, Rani1985, Praveen, MEB, maria8999,  123stella, Flav , CD_waiting , Gighen87, MichaelD0411 , Lion , AlvinQi, Suusz, Angeleeloo , Bellabonkers, RP007 and Tiziana

4 from 2016 and 17 from 2017. 

Best of luck to all of you. Hope we all get approval this year.

Me too.. Waiting since June 2017   😥

51 minutes ago, Shawn85 said:

Hi all,

could you please add me to the spreadsheet.

Nomination & Application Submitted: 29/06/2017

Category: 457 to 186 TRT

No. Applicants: 2

State:VIC 

i have been waiting 17 months now.

When and wht were the last documents requested bro 

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted in so long, and never on this thread I don't think.

Carpenter transitioning from 457 to PR with defacto partner

Employer Nomination lodged 30 Apr 2018

Visa Application lodged 08 June 2018

No news since.

State WA

457 commenced May 2015

Carpenter colleague applied for both EN and Visa in Feb 2018, and EN approved June 2018. No word on his application since either.

Happy to be added to the spreadsheet 🙂

Edited by playitbyear

2 minutes ago, Deep1991 said:

Is Ur afp all gud or their is any problem in it or any problem in Ur overseas pcc. Why they are taking tht long. Is Ur nomination approved 

Would this slow down the process? I thought they would send you request for more information?
My police certs have expired about 3 weeks ago and I haven't updated yet..

3 minutes ago, playitbyear said:

Would this slow down the process? I thought they would send you request for more information?
My police certs have expired about 3 weeks ago and I haven't updated yet..

I mean if smone has any conviction on their overseas police report or on afp their cases are getting delayed 

46 minutes ago, Shawn85 said:

The department had requested a further police check from AFP on 22 of may 2018.

Hey Shawn,

Are you applying from LR or HR country, and had your medicals expired also?  Our situations are almost identical, but my application is still 'received' 😞   Just deciding whether to renew AFP checks and medicals, or risk further delay. 

8 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

Hey Shawn,

Are you applying from LR or HR country, and had your medicals expired also?  Our situations are almost identical, but my application is still 'received' 😞   Just deciding whether to renew AFP checks and medicals, or risk further delay. 

@maria8999

If your documents have expired, it's entirely up to the CO to request new, valid documents or not. 

It feels as though they are requesting this more often lately, almost to just move on from the one application to another (KPI's of sorts).

My suggestion and opinion would be to weigh up weather or not you're willing to wait (should the CO request the documents).
- I received my grant 1 day before my documents expired, however, I was already planning to redo them as I couldn't handle / risk any additional delays.

It's a lottery i'm afraid, and is different per case officer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

@maria8999

If your documents have expired, it's entirely up to the CO to request new, valid documents or not. 

It feels as though they are requesting this more often lately, almost to just move on from the one application to another (KPI's of sorts).

My suggestion and opinion would be to weigh up weather or not you're willing to wait (should the CO request the documents).
- I received my grant 1 day before my documents expired, however, I was already planning to redo them as I couldn't handle / risk any additional delays.

It's a lottery i'm afraid, and is different per case officer. 

@Hex was right, it all depends on CO.Better get it done in-order to skip delays.

Thanks. I was thinking I might do my AFP as its only $40 or so. I realllyyyy don't want to re-do medicals as I have already spent so much on this visa and can't really afford it. Especially when all the time/ effort of last one was pointless. I had no medical issues - praying for a wonderful CO having a great day 🙂 

29 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

Hey Shawn,

I’m applying from HR country and i did not renew medicals.they asked only AFP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shawn85 said:

I’m applying from HR country and i did not renew medicals.they asked only AFP.

As long as you didn't exit the country i think they wont ask its just i came to know from one of an MA. But it may also depends on CO as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajk said:

As long as you didn't exit the country i think they wont ask its just i came to know from one of an MA. But it may also depends on CO as well.

Something else worth noting; 

If you've left the country and returned to the one your original AFP came from for 3+ months, they will definitely ask for another. 

If it's less than 3 months, or just expired - then yeah, it's up to the CO to ask or not. I've heard more than once that some of them base it on weeks... Meaning, if it's only a few weeks expired, then they typically are OK with it, however, if it's longer or the CO is strict, then yeah - they will request a new one. Putting you in the back of the queue and making you wait longer. 

6 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

I just hateeee being ripped off. And also BUPA centre is miserable. Everyone sits there in matching gowns waiting for their number like its the end for them  🤣

Thats all we can do mate, unfortunately. But redoing it is worth as it wont delay your application process.It's one day pain and money (hoping visa will be granted without any issues).

Edited by ajk
  • Like 1