The new processing time doesn't help at all. I applied both nom and visa on the 19/9/2016, still waiting. Hope this will not effect us too much.

I suspect this only takes effects to applications which lodged from this month.

Given we have seen quite a few Sep applications approved and most of them only took less than 6 months...

I suspect this only takes effects to applications which lodged from this month.

Given we have seen quite a few Sep applications approved and most of them only took less than 6 months...

Fingers crossed it won't affect us too much seeing as most of us are already waiting 6 + months :cool:

The new processing time doesn't help at all. I applied both nom and visa on the 19/9/2016, still waiting. Hope this will not effect us too much.

I called Immigration last week and after being on hold for an hour I finally got through to a customer service agent who said that my application is still in the queue and that I would be looking more towards the 8 month mark for CO allocation. :arghh: :cry:

I called Immigration last week and after being on hold for an hour I finally got through to a customer service agent who said that my application is still in the queue and that I would be looking more towards the 8 month mark for CO allocation. :arghh: :cry:

Same here...called today & they said may b need to wait for another month...:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @sunshine11111, how long had they been expired before you got your grant?

Thanks @jess6 and @PierreC - and yes, I reckon the overseas police checks and IELTS would definitely take more than 28 days. Pray it doesn't come to that. This wait is unbearable.

@wendyjoe1026 will definitely update - there's a lot of us from JAN-APRL and from 2015 still waiting. Most have just stopped actively posting here (it becomes painful after a while), but many of us are still waiting!

It is defintely a paintful process, and I myself can feel this already, though my waiting time is only 5+ months which is not worth mentiong in comparision to those JAN-APRIL folks.

Thanks @sunshine11111, how long had they been expired before you got your grant?

Thanks @jess6 and @PierreC - and yes, I reckon the overseas police checks and IELTS would definitely take more than 28 days. Pray it doesn't come to that. This wait is unbearable.

@wendyjoe1026 will definitely update - there's a lot of us from JAN-APRL and from 2015 still waiting. Most have just stopped actively posting here (it becomes painful after a while), but many of us are still waiting!

Well yes but if you haven't visited the country again, you will not need another Police Check. So if you want to be on the safe side, just re-do the Australian one and the one from home, if you visited your home country recently.

The new processing times overwrite the previous ones. They are based on their recent observations so they apply to all of us here.

And they will be updated each month so they may increase or decrease.

I was not expecting more, I just wanted clarification between the visa streams and understand why some of my friends got approved before me.

At least now, I know why I am waiting and I have a clear answer.

I would recommend to manage your expectations and accept the news because if you don't you are going to drive yourself crazy.

Personally I expect to be processed in May/June to avoid the anxiety.

According to me it's better to upload the updated documents if you have.

Is it Transition or Direct Entry?

Can you update your details on the spreadsheet

transition entry

occupation Accountant general

Applied visa and nomination on 11 aug 2016

HR country

Actually am new in this forum.

The new processing times overwrite the previous ones. They are based on their recent observations so they apply to all of us here.

And they will be updated each month so they may increase or decrease.

I was not expecting more, I just wanted clarification between the visa streams and understand why some of my friends got approved before me.

At least now, I know why I am waiting and I have a clear answer.

I would recommend to manage your expectations and accept the news because if you don't you are going to drive yourself crazy.

Personally I expect to be processed in May/June to avoid the anxiety.

Were your friends same as you? DE, LR,1 person?

Thanks @jess6.

At least now we know that:

- TR and DE are (apparently) two different queues.

- If your occupation is "XXX" TR, then it will probably be approved before same occupation "XXX" but DE. This is because DE takes a bit longer due to the extra docs we need to provide (compared to TR).

- If they are processing occupation "XXX" TR for September 16 maybe they are still processing February 16 DE for the same occupation "XXX"

Not sure if it makes any sense but trying to understand how the processing method works is the only way to manage my stress.

Thanks @jess6.

At least now we know that:

- TR and DE are (apparently) two different queues.

- If your occupation is "XXX" TR, then it will probably be approved before same occupation "XXX" but DE. This is because DE takes a bit longer due to the extra docs we need to provide (compared to TR).

- If they are processing occupation "XXX" TR for September 16 maybe they are still processing February 16 DE for the same occupation "XXX"

Not sure if it makes any sense but trying to understand how the processing method works is the only way to manage my stress.

Yes, I am actually wondering if these new official timelines aim at clearing the backlog.

Basically what it tells me is that now it takes officially more than 8 months to process 75% of the transition applications. While before people could hope for 6 months.

So it might mean that we may see less applications being approved under 8 months soon.

And yes, it is logical to me that DE applications need more time due to additional background checks - I do not think that they are de-prioritized but they just need more time.

Overall all these timelines are pretty long. I wonder how it is going to impact business and the overall country economy.

When I look at the other visa, such as partner visa, it's insanely long. Let's be honest, that's really not great.

What scares me is the remaining "10% of total applications". Maybe this is why some people are still waiting from 2015.

Yes some visas timelines are just absurd, even if I understand that A - they are understaffed and B- they need to make sure every application meets all the requirements.

Based on this link, it looks to me that every year - financial year - there is a cap limit for 186 visas (in this case) for each occupation. And, if the cap for occupation "XXX" is reached for 2016 FY then we need to wait the following financial year.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Fami/Capping-and-queuing

I got my good news on Saturday. The lady who called was extremely nice, she was in Perth and she informed me they were doing overtime. I have been very fortunate to get mine approved in approx 5.5 months. Lets hope they continue to do overtime in order to help clear the back log

I got my good news on Saturday. The lady who called was extremely nice, she was in Perth and she informed me they were doing overtime. I have been very fortunate to get mine approved in approx 5.5 months. Lets hope they continue to do overtime in order to help clear the back log

Congratulations

Congratulations Irish83. what is you occupation?

What scares me is the remaining "10% of total applications". Maybe this is why some people are still waiting from 2015.

Yes some visas timelines are just absurd, even if I understand that A - they are understaffed and B- they need to make sure every application meets all the requirements.

Based on this link, it looks to me that every year - financial year - there is a cap limit for 186 visas (in this case) for each occupation. And, if the cap for occupation "XXX" is reached for 2016 FY then we need to wait the following financial year.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Brin/Fami/Capping-and-queuing

Regarding the remaining 10%, I think it is really important to remove yourself from these thoughts as you do not know the circumstances and details of certain cases. The cases could take more time because of various reasons (health, age exemptions or other things we do not know).

Regarding the cap, if your case is not processed in your financial year, you become a priority case on the following financial year.

Now if you think about it, most people do not come on this forum and simply enjoy their life without worrying about the process :)

Now that I have an update about the timelines I will only come back to the forum when I have news. Until then I wish everyone good luck and also congrats to all approved applications.

Cheers guys!

All n all in my view I think immigration co taking files whichever months files coming in their hand coz if in one office there r 10 co nd they dividing 10 files to each so frst one starting number 1 second co starting 11 nd third starting 21 so that's why September files coming before august nd that's why they mention time from march to September files in process coz they not following files by lodgement timeframe they picking whatever coming on desk and also guys think about those whose waiting from 2015 2016 r they not coming in desired timeframe of application processing time as they exceeded the time which immi site says 9 month or so.

I think so immigration just doing 9-5 job only in between whatever files they can work on they doing so it's wastage to see the timeframe changing on website coz they not doing according to that m also from august but think about whose waiting before us.

So b relaxed when good time came all will b good.

Edited by Kaurr

@Izzielizzie, @badaich87, @April16 ----> So I don't know whether to feel sad or satisfied with the new updated timelines. Because some of us have already hit the 11 month mark and still waiting, which would mean we may be in the 10%. Best is to avoid negative thoughts, however, each day this process only seems to get more complicated.

@jess6 - good decision. I agree with your analysis and think if I fall in the 10% may be i am queued for next year :( Good luck to you! Hoping for the best for all of us waiting since so long. Take care.

Regarding the remaining 10%, I think it is really important to remove yourself from these thoughts as you do not know the circumstances and details of certain cases. The cases could take more time because of various reasons (health, age exemptions or other things we do not know).

Regarding the cap, if your case is not processed in your financial year, you become a priority case on the following financial year.

Now if you think about it, most people do not come on this forum and simply enjoy their life without worrying about the process :)

Now that I have an update about the timelines I will only come back to the forum when I have news. Until then I wish everyone good luck and also congrats to all approved applications.

Cheers guys!

Edited by Zee14042016

@Zee14042016 I hear ya. All the overthinking isn't worth it - doesn't help us in any way whatsoever! IMMI has a crap system and if they're moving on to subsequent months to hit targets, while just leaving other files unattended? I'd understand if they had already started processing but we don't even have a CO allocated yet so that means our files are just sitting, waiting.

Sure, they can't give an estimated MAX time for processing BUT they should commit to a max time for case allocation at least! So we're part of the 10% but 11+ months without even getting our cases allocated to a CO? What does that mean for our timelines?? But unless we pull out our applications, what can we do, hey?

@jess6, exactly what i thought before too - but our application is straightforward - extremely stable sponsor; no age/english/health/family issues, complications or exemptions; only submitted work experience in Australia, including 3 years with sponsor. Only possible issue is if they're culling or capping specific nationalities. But you might get lucky because they're still touching June files and you're from EU.

Just a heads up that in my experience, it seems that there's a strong element of chance in this mad process, ie. maybe files are lined up for certain teams and if you're unlucky enough to go to a team that has complicated, long case work, then too bad, so sad.

My only advice to all the ones who are early in their journey - lower your expectations and try not to think about it. I believe it made it harder for us because we were advised by employer's MA to expect 4-6 months given the simplicity of our case and our employer's history with IMMI. It's tougher when you have set expectations. I basically started waiting week on week, day on day from about October...finally stopped that nonsense, but still worry from time to time.

@Izzielizzie, @badaich87, @April16 ----> So I don't know whether to feel sad or satisfied with the new updated timelines. Because some of us have already hit the 11 month mark and still waiting, which would mean we may be in the 10%. Best is to avoid negative thoughts, however, each day this process only seems to get more complicated.

@jess6 - good decision. I agree with your analysis and think if I fall in the 10% may be i am queued for next year :( Good luck to you! Hoping for the best for all of us waiting since so long. Take care.

Edited by Izzielizzie

Just to upbeat every ones mood (if it helps a bit) Australia is still much better than other countries such as US. Some of my friends are awaiting their Green Card since 2005/2007.

Friends, there is no point in sharing our disappointment on a daily basis. We have to take this situation with a pinch of salt and move ahead positively as we wait for our PR. We did best in submitting our application in the best possible way through good MAs, but beyond this there is nothing we can do. In addition to the factor of LUCK, there are various other factors (beyond our comprehension) for the long delay in CO allocation and subsequent approvals.

There is deluge of PR applications in Australia across all category, especially after restrictions in other developed countries. Australia has become a popular destination amongst prospective migrants and hence there so much pressure on the system. I also heard that the Dept. maintains categorisation (depending on revenue/profit/sector etc) of Companies who nominate their employees and has some bearing on the nomination approval.

We all are on the same boat waiting for our PR to fresh start our life. Everyone of us is just holding on to important decisions in our life and I am sure that everything is happening for a good reason. Lets be patiently positive and keep on sharing information, analysis, news, tips!

Cheers!

@Zee14042016 I hear ya. All the overthinking isn't worth it - doesn't help us in any way whatsoever! IMMI has a crap system and if they're moving on to subsequent months to hit targets, while just leaving other files unattended? I'd understand if they had already started processing but we don't even have a CO allocated yet so that means our files are just sitting, waiting.

Sure, they can't give an estimated MAX time for processing BUT they should commit to a max time for case allocation at least! So we're part of the 10% but 11+ months without even getting our cases allocated to a CO? What does that mean for our timelines?? But unless we pull out our applications, what can we do, hey?

@jess6, exactly what i thought before too - but our application is straightforward - extremely stable sponsor; no age/english/health/family issues, complications or exemptions; only submitted work experience in Australia, including 3 years with sponsor. Only possible issue is if they're culling or capping specific nationalities. But you might get lucky because they're still touching June files and you're from EU.

Just a heads up that in my experience, it seems that there's a strong element of chance in this mad process, ie. maybe files are lined up for certain teams and if you're unlucky enough to go to a team that has complicated, long case work, then too bad, so sad.

My only advice to all the ones who are early in their journey - lower your expectations and try not to think about it. I believe it made it harder for us because we were advised by employer's MA to expect 4-6 months given the simplicity of our case and our employer's history with IMMI. It's tougher when you have set expectations. I basically started waiting week on week, day on day from about October...finally stopped that nonsense, but still worry from time to time.

Good advise Syd2016 :wink:... I getting the PR in Australia is for a second choice in Life and I need it urgently because with 457 working visa seem to be quite hard to get a job here in Sydney.

Just to upbeat every ones mood (if it helps a bit) Australia is still much better than other countries such as US. Some of my friends are awaiting their Green Card since 2005/2007.

Friends, there is no point in sharing our disappointment on a daily basis. We have to take this situation with a pinch of salt and move ahead positively as we wait for our PR. We did best in submitting our application in the best possible way through good MAs, but beyond this there is nothing we can do. In addition to the factor of LUCK, there are various other factors (beyond our comprehension) for the long delay in CO allocation and subsequent approvals.

There is deluge of PR applications in Australia across all category, especially after restrictions in other developed countries. Australia has become a popular destination amongst prospective migrants and hence there so much pressure on the system. I also heard that the Dept. maintains categorisation (depending on revenue/profit/sector etc) of Companies who nominate their employees and has some bearing on the nomination approval.

We all are on the same boat waiting for our PR to fresh start our life. Everyone of us is just holding on to important decisions in our life and I am sure that everything is happening for a good reason. Lets be patiently positive and keep on sharing information, analysis, news, tips!

Cheers!