hello guys! I just want to share my timeline. I was on a 457 visa and applied through the direct entry stream.

05/02/14- Nomination lodged by employer

01/04/14- Nomination approval

14/06/14- Visa lodged without MA, received by parramatta office

18/06/14- Medicals done

18/08/14- Visa granted at 6 pm.. haven't heard from CO until the approval and was processed at WA office

hope this helps... good luck to those who are still waiting! it is worth the wait.

Congrats! May I ask which state do you live?

Guys,

I lodged my ENS Mid July - Temporary stream. My agent is confident it should be fine. However, I have question. Does it makes a difference if you get promoted to higher position (than your actual 457 nominated position). For example if your are working as Network support and your are promoted to Network support Team Leader. Just a title is different, job description is very similar.

I will appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

In my understanding, it shouldn't be a problem as long as still falls down to your nominated ANZSCO position description. In other word, if you can pass the skill assessment under the same category still.

In my understanding, it shouldn't be a problem as long as still falls down to your nominated ANZSCO position description. In other word, if you can pass the skill assessment under the same category still.

It was a problem for my partner-same ward for 3 years but got promoted from nurse to nurse manager.rejected under transition,had to apply under direct entry and do skills assessment as not in role 2 years(as manager).

My agent lodged my Nomination and Visa 186 ENS application on 12th August. All documents including medicals/police checks already undertaken and submitted along with the lodgement.

Now....seeing as everything has been lodged together with hopefully no more information/documents needed, is there a chance it will progress quicker. I appreciate the backlog of applications there currently is, but just wondering if this will have an effect on the overall process and how quick it is progressed. Also im a single British male currently on a 457.

Edited by nurrish

My timeline.

07/01/2014 Nominated by employer.

Took a while to decide on whether we(me, gf and baby) would be going, Essex to Perth WA.

27/05/2014 Visa applied for, all completed myself.

09/06/2014 Medicals completed.

19/08/2014 Woke up this morning to visas granted email, no contact throughout, processed by NSW office. Under 3 months, impressed.

Hi heyitsme,

I have been asked by my co to do my Fijian police clearance again .

he is just waiting for that .once I will receive it than hopefully we will get out pr granted .

I am just waiting for my police clearance , hope by next week I will get that .

Hi guys,

I am new in this forum and just want to share my timeline of processing visa 186~ Temporary Residence Transition stream.

13/03/2014 Nominated by employer.

12/06/2014 Nomination approved by DIBD

13/06/2014 Visa applied, no MA

23/06/2014 Medicals completed.

Now, still patiently (and nervously) waiting

Update:

Nomination Lodged 8th May

Applcation Lodged 29th July

Nomination approved 11th August and case officer picked up our application and requested medicals.

Husband and childrens medicals where done on 13th August and mine is booked for 25th August (had to wait!!)

Hopefully wil not have to wait too much longer after my medical for the PR to be granted!!

Hi fiji & sikofbrit, any updates on your visas? I am still waiting for my visa approval a week after my nomination was approved. This waiting game is killing me!

l33brt, congrats!

Ive heard absolutely nothing, ive tried emailing pse they dont actually answer my questions just say which team are dealing with it, also been back onto the MA she says to give it another week and she would follow up again with another email ( not that her 1st one was answered ) im getting to the stage now where all i want to do is cry :biglaugh:

Really dont understand whats happened and thats the most frustrating thing especially now it looks like Junes are being looked at..

It does seem to be just fiji & myself that are waiting, we were 4 weeks on monday since nomination approval, yours should prob be soon.

Edited by sikofbrit

Ive heard absolutely nothing, ive tried emailing pse they dont actually answer my questions just say which team are dealing with it, also been back onto the MA she says to give it another week and she would follow up again with another email ( not that her 1st one was answered ) im getting to the stage now where all i want to do is cry :biglaugh:

Really dont understand whats happened and thats the most frustrating thing especially now it looks like Junes are being looked at..

It does seem to be just fiji & myself that are waiting, we were 4 weeks on monday since nomination approval, yours should prob be soon.

This waiting game can really get into our nerves. But I'm hoping Aug will not passby without our visa grants.

Hi All

so we're currently in the same position

our timeline

is

nominated 11th July

nomination approved 14th July

submitted application and police checks 15th July

medicals 11th Aug

currently playing the waiting game, which is driving me a little crazy:err:

stevevw975, your nomination approval is the fastest I've seen so far. Lucky you!:wink:

We have lodged the nomination and visa application last July 28. Submitted all the requirements including PPC and Medicals. I'm just waiting for my MA to update me about the nomination & application. Looking at this forum, most likely it will take a few months to be approved. I just have to wait and be patient. :)

Hi heyitsme, well i guess yeah looking at other cases on here, but saying that i dont have any proof except for when i look at my actual application on my immi account and it states there nomination approved, strange, did anyone get an actual nomination approval letter/ email?

we've had zero contact with our case officer only a note added to our application requesting medicals, then an update stating no further information required about 3 days after the medicals, tbh i dont even know if we have a case officer, btw i did our application myself, a family of 4 with a step child so i guess not a straightforward case just hope i did it right :unsure:

Hi heyitsme, well i guess yeah looking at other cases on here, but saying that i dont have any proof except for when i look at my actual application on my immi account and it states there nomination approved, strange, did anyone get an actual nomination approval letter/ email?

we've had zero contact with our case officer only a note added to our application requesting medicals, then an update stating no further information required about 3 days after the medicals, tbh i dont even know if we have a case officer, btw i did our application myself, a family of 4 with a step child so i guess not a straightforward case just hope i did it right :unsure:

This sounds odd as you cannot import nomination anymore using individual immiaccount.

It used to be doable at the beginning of immiaccount and I do have my 457 nomination in my account as well but not since DIBP comes with different account 'types'.

We had a letter stating our nomination had been approved.. Very quick approval! I'd say if you've been asked to get medicals you definitely have a case officer, shouldn't be to long waiting