Paul, every wed the immi update an email with details of which applications are being allocated. If you email nsw.pse@immi.gov.au, you receive the email back. I'm not doing it, since I was audited (no big deal, they just emailed me directly to see if I was receiving it) by the dept and I said I wouldn't email anymore! Also, i think that it means the visas are being allocated to co, not necessarily being granted which is why people from arp and may still haven't received the visa grant yet.

Paul, every wed the immi update an email with details of which applications are being allocated. If you email nsw.pse@immi.gov.au, you receive the email back. I'm not doing it, since I was audited (no big deal, they just emailed me directly to see if I was receiving it) by the dept and I said I wouldn't email anymore! Also, i think that it means the visas are being allocated to co, not necessarily being granted which is why people from arp and may still haven't received the visa grant yet.

Thank you for your reply and clarification. I was just wondering whether I was missing something that everyone else received!

Ours got approved yesterday from Vic

Our timeline;

Everything submitted 21/5/14

Emailed NSW immi to get an updated 25/8/14

Received a reply 27/8/14 with the team number our application was assigned to which was in Vic. We emailed Vic the same day to get an update.

No reply to the email but the Nomination was approved later that day (27/8/14) and then the application approved an hour later ;)

Not sure or not if the email chase up prompted our application to be reviewed.

We used a MA and are from a low risk country.

Good luck to everyone else that is waiting.

Our timeline;

Received a reply 27/8/14 with the team number our application was assigned to which was in Vic. We emailed Vic the same day to get an update.

No reply to the email but the Nomination was approved later that day (27/8/14) and then the application approved an hour later ;)

Well that's interesting. My app was submitted 17/5/14 and I have heard nothing. Your case really makes me think perhaps I should email in and see what happens ;)

Our timeline;

:xmas16::ssign19::xmas16:

Our timeline;

Congratulations! May I know the email address of Vic department? and how did you write to them?

I submitted both applications on May 28th but heard nothing so far.

Joining this thread as we are also playing the 186 waiting game! Submitted our application on 19th June, nomination has already been approved & skills (IT) also approved. Hoping that as the nomination has been approved that our visa will come a little quicker!! Can only hope!!!

We are Brits but currently living in Singapore.

Good luck to all

Hi all, just done our medicals and for some reason my blood pressure was very high (159/86). It's never been this high before and I've been checking it the whole week, has this happened to any of you guys yet? Just a bit worried now, also what will the dept. do now?

Hi all, just done our medicals and for some reason my blood pressure was very high (159/86). It's never been this high before and I've been checking it the whole week, has this happened to any of you guys yet? Just a bit worried now, also what will the dept. do now?
Hi Kseafield, you dont have to worry bout the high blood pressure as it wont affect to your application. I believe the medical doctor has assigned you to see your GP. Two things that used to happen to me, blood test and 24 hours bp testing which been assigned by my GP. In the end, the test came out normal to me and my GP has sent the result to the department as well. Good luck!

Hi Kseafield, you dont have to worry bout the high blood pressure as it wont affect to your application. I believe the medical doctor has assigned you to see your GP. Two things that used to happen to me, blood test and 24 hours bp testing which been assigned by my GP. In the end, the test came out normal to me and my GP has sent the result to the department as well. Good luck!

This. + If it doesn't get better, you need to prove it can be controlled by pills. which is usually doable. Apart from delays in the process, won't be too much issue.

Well that's another week over, another week closer :)

question for everyone, what is the biggest difference your PR will make to your life? Be it finally being able to book flights or telling your 457 sponsor to stick it, spill it! For us, the big difference will be not having to pay the new fees for school in wa, from next year it will be $6000 per year for the two kids, really glad we will be avoiding that!

Joining this thread as we are also playing the 186 waiting game! Submitted our application on 19th June, nomination has already been approved & skills (IT) also approved. Hoping that as the nomination has been approved that our visa will come a little quicker!! Can only hope!!!

We are Brits but currently living in Singapore.

Good luck to all

Hi Kfallon, just a quick query can you share the timelines of your nomination submission and approval?

Cheers.

My husband's company submitted the nomination back in January, approved in March. We then got an MA involved, who assisted with skills assessment - that took 2.5 months to get approved (in May). Finally MA submitted all Form 80's, medicals and police certs on 19th June. I think we have gone the long route to do this - should have submitted an 'approval ready' application.

I guess we'll get there in the end!

Hi all

I have been following this thread for a while now, but haven't posted in ages, I found this thread very useful during the waiting process of PR 186. I wanted to share my timeline with you.

Nomination and application lodged 18/6/2014 with all documents

Medical done on 27/5/2014 before applying for visa

Permanent visa granted today 1/9/2014

I work as a division 1 nurse in a large public hospital in Melbourne, my application was received by Parametta NSW, but my visa was granted by a case officer in WA. During the process I never heard from my case officer and I never received any acknowledgement that I had a case officer. I checked my immiaccount a few times and it always said in progress! Today I checked it at 11.20am and it said in progress, then I received an email at 11.38am from WA immigration stating my visa had been granted!. Then I went back on the immi account and my in progress had been changed to finalised and there was my visa grant letter. I really didn't expect to receive my grant yet and thought it was pretty quick. By the way I never filled in FORM 80 and they never asked me for it and I am from the UK. It is a lovely surprise for my first day of annual leave and I wish everyone else the best of luck with their visa process.:smile:

Congrats Molly35!!! Your application date is one day before ours.....really hoping that this means we hear something soon!!

Hi all

I have been following this thread for a while now, but haven't posted in ages, I found this thread very useful during the waiting process of PR 186. I wanted to share my timeline with you.

Nomination and application lodged 18/6/2014 with all documents

Medical done on 27/5/2014 before applying for visa

Permanent visa granted today 1/9/2014

I work as a division 1 nurse in a large public hospital in Melbourne, my application was received by Parametta NSW, but my visa was granted by a case officer in WA. During the process I never heard from my case officer and I never received any acknowledgement that I had a case officer. I checked my immiaccount a few times and it always said in progress! Today I checked it at 11.20am and it said in progress, then I received an email at 11.38am from WA immigration stating my visa had been granted!. Then I went back on the immi account and my in progress had been changed to finalised and there was my visa grant letter. I really didn't expect to receive my grant yet and thought it was pretty quick. By the way I never filled in FORM 80 and they never asked me for it and I am from the UK. It is a lovely surprise for my first day of annual leave and I wish everyone else the best of luck with their visa process.:smile: