Australia Day.

Bobj

Happy Birthday, Australia.icon14.png

Cheers, Bobj.

PS. Yes, I'll be fishing in about an hour (4.10 AM now):yes:

Yes, Happy Birthday Mr. Australia.

I remember being in Randwick, Sydney for it in 2000 - what a party we had in the Duke of Glouchester Pub.

Enjoy the fishing BobJ.

B

Not having Australia Day here as our local council has decided that they will celebrate the day on Saturday in order to not offend the indigenous population.

Happy Australia Day to everyone else.

They've just said on the news that Freo fireworks going ahead as local businesses have forked out 5 million to snub the councils decision? Matt Teirney on Sunrise local just announced it.

Happy Australia everyone, got to work but will enjoy it anyway.

They've just said on the news that Freo fireworks going ahead as local businesses have forked out 5 million to snub the councils decision? Matt Teirney on Sunrise local just announced it.

That sounds good. Thought something would happen as the local businesses were not happy with the decision.

Had a fabulous day , one of the high lights was complete strangers congratulating and welcoming me on becoming a citizen what Australia is all about.

That's lovely! Well done on becoming a citizen.

@Bobj how did your fishing go?

Happy Australia Day!

Was cycling through Brisbane, and there was a guy fishing from a park bench across the path. Moment he saw me coming he hopped up to let me through, but we had a quick chat on what he'd caught - "just a bloody crab so far"....as I was on my way he yelled "Happy 'Straya Day Mate" at me, with a belated shout back from me!

Only a little thing I know, but made my day a bit, and continues to reinforce our choice.

Looking forward to our citizenship in 4 years time!!!

That's lovely! Well done on becoming a citizen.

@Bobj how did your fishing go?

@Ozzie big winds came up, making it uncomfortable on the rock, so I came home fishless.

Going again in an hour 'cos the winds have dropped...I hope. Looking to see if the mackerel are returning from the south.

Cheers, Bobj.

Sniff, sniff...My Australian citizenship document came through Australia Post...50 years ago, no ceremony, no fanfare, nuffin'. I was living in Derby, WA at the time and the cert arrived when I was working in the 'bush', half way between Broome and Derby.Australian citizen longer than most of you good people have been breathing...:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Not having Australia Day here as our local council has decided that they will celebrate the day on Saturday in order to not offend the indigenous population.

Happy Australia Day to everyone else.

I think they should move it to another date. Still have a celebration of modern Australia including everyone but I think holding it on Invasion Day is a bit of a slap in the face for indigenous people.

I think they should move it to another date. Still have a celebration of modern Australia including everyone but I think holding it on Invasion Day is a bit of a slap in the face for indigenous people.

That idea seems to gathering some momentum...

B

@Ozzie big winds came up, making it uncomfortable on the rock, so I came home fishless.

Going again in an hour 'cos the winds have dropped...I hope. Looking to see if the mackerel are returning from the south.

Cheers, Bobj.

how did you get on? My oh will be looking to carrying on with their fishing... but in warmer climes and different fishies!

how did you get on? My oh will be looking to carrying on with their fishing... but in warmer climes and different fishies!

Caught 3 of these, blueys, but not as big.

inaeJiV.jpg

Excellent fishing for the mackerel clan and big stuff, too, including barramundi.

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived