Childcare centre manager, student visa, graduate visa- 189??

jack13

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You need to stop thinking about the grad visa as related in any way to a permanent visa. You could do two years studying history and get a grad visa, but it wouldn't give rise to any permanent visa.

But there's the thing you only get the grad visa if your studying something that is wanted/ in demand. You can then use that visa to gain experience needed and/or sponsorship. As I'm told.

But there's the thing you only get the grad visa if your studying something that is wanted/ in demand. You can then use that visa to gain experience needed and/or sponsorship. As I'm told.

No, you can get a grad visa for any subject as long as the criteria are met. Subject is irrelevant.

Hence 99% of people who study in Australia have to leave. Overseas students are a big source of income for universities as fees are much higher. That is the only real benefit that Australia wants. It helps subsidise home students. The same as the UK.

Yes that's exactly what I'm going to do, I just need to know who in Melbourne is good to get advise from. Thank you.

The location of the gent is irrelevant as it would be unusual to meet in person, it is normally all done by email and telephone. The important thing is a good agent. You have had at least one very good agent comment on this thread and that would be my first port of call.

No, you can get a grad visa for any subject as long as the criteria are met. Subject is irrelevant.

K.

No, you can't. You're confused. A Graduate visa is not a Student visa.

The Temporary Graduate visa is - just like the OP has stated - for people who have already graduated and is to enable them to get experience in an occupation on the SOL.

The Temporary Graduate visa is - just like the OP has stated - for people who have already graduated and is to enable them to get experience in an occupation on the SOL.

No I haven't. The OP is confused why a grad visa is available if she studies in Australia for a diploma even though the diploma will not be eligible for a permanent visa.

What I am pointing out is that she can study history on a student visa and then qualify for a graduate visa under the graduate scheme, but will not be eligible for a permanent visa.

VS is possibly confusing it with a student visa however you can get a Graduate visa following a degree in any subject

Post-Study Work stream – for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant's qualification.

This is from the DIBC website https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/485-

What you are referring to is the Graduate Stream but they are both the same visa.

Utimately to get a PR visa the OP has to meet the requirements of that visa and studying in Australia is a risky approach as Child Care Manager could easily be taken off the SOL even if the OP managed to get the required experience straight after graduation which seems pretty unlikely to me.

Why does it seem unlikely?

Unlikely because not many centres would allow an inexperienced student to take over the running of their centre....and thus gain the possible experience necessary to apply for the visa. As a parent I personally would not want someone without a lot of experience looking after the welfare of a large number of children and the staff there. However, that's by the by, what you need to do now is to speak to a good migration agent who can help you form a workable plan. Otherwise, as this area is obviously a passion of yours, get the experience in the UK and/or the qualification. That way, if it is taken off the list, at least you will be doing something you enjoy.

Say

Why does it seem unlikely?

As Sammy says 'unlikely' because you would need several years experience before becoming a manager, qualifications are unlikely to be enough.

What is your experience to date? If you are already working as a Childcare Manager, just unqualified then maybe it is more likely than I think.

So yes that is an option. I am gonna speak to go matilda.

I'm sure you are aware why rural jobs are easier to get - living rural in Oz is so different from rural at home,and tere will be far fewer jobs available as well as less people wanting to do them.

Gppd luck with your search.

I'm sure you are aware why rural jobs are easier to get - living rural in Oz is so different from rural at home,and tere will be far fewer jobs available as well as less people wanting to do them.

Gppd luck with your search.

.............. and as jobs in rural areas are like hen's teeth, any job would go to a qualified local .................. as they should.

No they shouldn't. They should go to the best person.

You don't get more left wing than me and even I think it is wrong to bring in more migrants if there are suitably qualified and experienced Australians.

Yes, if there is a qualified and experienced local then it should go to that person rather than an overseas new graduate. It makes sense.

However, hard to staff remote and rural areas sometimes do have to pick someone from overseas, just remember though rural is not UK rural in any sense of the word.

I looked at this route into Australia. I had two out of three agents tell me the same as you. The third agent told me no, you need either a degree or five years post qualification experience. That was enough for me to do my own homework. I contacted TRA (who were very helpful) who told me that to pass a skills assessment with them you need either a degree, or five years experience running a childcare centre with at least 20 children.

I went back to the two agents who told me that was a route to PR. One said they would look into it and never came back to me. The other said that the TRA were wrong, they have contacts bla bla bla. Basically all they wanted was my business. They couldn't care less if I was going to get PR later. I'll always be grateful to the one who actually told me the truth.

Even if by some miracle you found a childcare centre who would rather give the job to newly qualified diploma holder, rather than promoting one of their already trained, and known staff (as the training centres are not regional, so you won't have worked there while studying). Even if by some miracle that happens, your graduate visa isn't going to last five years.

You'd be best off talking to a GOOD agent about if a 457 might be an option, IF you found an employer.

I came over on a student visa in the end. It was far harder than I expected to find an employer to sponsor me. I know lots of people who had to leave the country because they couldn't. There are some jobs which are easier than others. You are heading for failure with childcare coordinator.

If you end up going the sponsorship route then immigration don't care about the best person. If there is a local who can do it without being sponsored that is who it's supposed to go to.

My employer had to advertise my job in three different places (including seek.com and the local capitals paper) for a full month. They had to show that NOONE local and qualified applied for the job. We were turned down the first time as a local employment agency told immigration they could find qualified locals. It's only when we went back and asked for details of those people as they needed 3 staff members altogether that they approved it as they actually couldn't find any qualified locals. Immigration don't care if you are better if there is an Aussie who's qualified.

Archived