Childcare centre manager, student visa, graduate visa- 189??

jack13

Doing early years childcare. Diploma and Certificate courses, for 2 years on a student visa and then doing a graduate visa to complete a year as a childcare centre manager. Then apply for 189 Visa.

I've heard off a student migration agency this is a pathway. I was told to get work as a manager you will need to move regional. But on completion of this course and the professional year and passing the points test this should be sufficient?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing early years childcare. Diploma and Certificate courses, for 2 years on a student visa and then doing a graduate visa to complete a year as a childcare centre manager. Then apply for 189 Visa.

I've heard off a student migration agency this is a pathway. I was told to get work as a manager you will need to move regional. But on completion of this course and the professional year and passing the points test this should be sufficient?

Surely you would need actual experience as a manager as well? If not, then that is very surprising to hear.

You do 1 year.

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to get trained, qualified and experienced in UK? Anything that starts off with a student visa is likely to be risky for the longer term as the employment situation changes and part way through your course you may find that your occupation is off the list. I think you might struggle to get the job that gives you the experience to get you the pr

It doesn't. I spoke to an agent yesterday. A diploma is all you need to pass the skill assessment and points test.

And no, It could get taken off the list regardless. I've been over here 2 years full- time now and lived here twice before that. I'm not going back now. I know things back home have improved but still no.

It doesn't. I spoke to an agent yesterday. A diploma is all you need to pass the skill assessment and points test.

And no, It could get taken off the list regardless. I've been over here 2 years full- time now and lived here twice before that. I'm not going back now. I know things back home have improved but still no.

It does. Find an agent ththat knows what they are talking about. This is a skill level 1 occupation which requires a degree or higher or at the very least it requires five years experience to compensate for the qualification.

Edited by Bungo

I bet this agent is also an Training place that provides the course, they will tell you anything to sign up!

Why is it you can get the grad visa then? Why is it every agency is advertising this is a pathway? It won't hurt to get a second opinion.

The vast majority of people who study in Australia have to leave as it rarely provides a pathway to a permanent visa. For the vast majority of occupations the grad visa will not provide enough experience to pass a skills assessment. Hence why studying in Australia should not be seen as a path to a permanent visa.

Even the few occupations that do allow a pathway because there is little or no post qualification experience required, run the risk that the occupation is removed from the list while studying. The one that comes to mind is accounting degree which doesn't need any post grad experience but is flagged for removal from the SOL

I know but its not so my agent told me. Am looking for personal experiences or agents who know first hand. Can you recommend?

Is your agent a registers migration agent? Or are they an education agent?

Well you can get a different agent, any of the ones that post on here have good reputations. Or you can read it in black and white for yourself, not sure why you wouldn't just do that. This is not hidden information a quick Google should reveal the requirements.

Edited by Bungo

I know but its not so my agent told me. Am looking for personal experiences or agents who know first hand. Can you recommend?

There are a number of excellent agents that post regularly on the forum. Look up wrussel or Alan Collett for example.

But, from what you have posted, your best course of action will be to undertake a degree in the UK and then get some post degree experience in the UK then look at applying

There are a number of excellent agents that post regularly on the forum. Look up wrussel or Alan Collett for example.

But, from what you have posted, your best course of action will be to undertake a degree in the UK and then get some post degree experience in the UK then look at applying

she has been living in Australia the past two years so probably not viable to do a degree here - even though I agree with your advice!

You need to stop thinking about the grad visa as related in any way to a permanent visa. You could do two years studying history and get a grad visa, but it wouldn't give rise to any permanent visa.

VS,

I think it might be more pragmatic to recommend to the OP to get professional migration advice, rather than providing your own.

Look two posts up - the one from Raul who is one of the high recommended agents who posts on the forum. You need a degree of 5 years experience working in the role. So no, a diploma isn't enough.

Actually I interpreted Raul's post differently & took it that so long as you could pass the TRA skills assessment then a degree wasn't needed.

OP you really need to get a good independent migration agent i.e. One who is not selling courses or providing placements, it looks like Raul would be a good place to start.