Australia isn't being swamped by Muslims

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly a lot of terror attacks occurring in the US at the moment.

This is the cost of not dealing with ISIS sooner.

Is there news to me. Unless you refer to the black community, elements of which appear to be scared of attacks by the police. I laboured under the impression that terror attacks existed long before ISIS became part of populist parlay.

Getting to the first post, no Australia is not being swamped by Muslims but it is being swamped by their needs. ie why do we have to have all our food with halal certificates. I do not agree with that. We have had Jewish people living in our community for a long long long time and no we do not have kosher food on everything we eat. That is the problem. Same as we have not had to provide them with separate swimming facilities and lots of other stuff. I mean when fast food outlets went halal its taking it a bit far. I might be a vegetarian but I am not insistant that everyone eat vegetarian food.

So this breeds resentment in the general community, not about the people about what they expect, and this is causing the problem. If they quietly went about doing their stuff and did not carry on about bacon in the sandwiches or ham at council meetings etc. That Christian worship goes on at the primary school so we must ban all religion not to offend. These are the small things that breed discontent. I do not know why they are happening a lot of people of Muslim faith have no problem with Christmas trees or presents etc. So the blame has to be laid at the feet of those that like to be politically correct, not the muslim people themselves.

Difference is fine as long as its allowed to be difference and not fostered on others.

Getting to the first post, no Australia is not being swamped by Muslims but it is being swamped by their needs. ie why do we have to have all our food with halal certificates. I do not agree with that. We have had Jewish people living in our community for a long long long time and no we do not have kosher food on everything we eat. That is the problem. Same as we have not had to provide them with separate swimming facilities and lots of other stuff. I mean when fast food outlets went halal its taking it a bit far. I might be a vegetarian but I am not insistant that everyone eat vegetarian food.

So this breeds resentment in the general community, not about the people about what they expect, and this is causing the problem. If they quietly went about doing their stuff and did not carry on about bacon in the sandwiches or ham at council meetings etc. That Christian worship goes on at the primary school so we must ban all religion not to offend. These are the small things that breed discontent. I do not know why they are happening a lot of people of Muslim faith have no problem with Christmas trees or presents etc. So the blame has to be laid at the feet of those that like to be politically correct, not the muslim people themselves.

Difference is fine as long as its allowed to be difference and not fostered on others.

Nothing is 'fostered' on others. Just makes certain things inclusive of all. You are correct Muslims demand no sanction on noel activities. Indeed some Muslim families rejoice at Christmas as well. I personally have enjoyed all faith celebrations and can't imagine a situation when that would change.

Nothing is 'fostered' on others. Just makes certain things inclusive of all. You are correct Muslims demand no sanction on noel activities. Indeed some Muslim families rejoice at Christmas as well. I personally have enjoyed all faith celebrations and can't imagine a situation when that would change.

Halal certification is indeed foisted on others. They could read the labels just like others have to do but instead companies are being subject to an extortion racket of monster proportions- it's just jizya. Personally I will not buy anything with halal certification on it, nor will I buy ritually slaughtered meat (no meat from supermarkets any more). It is some PC **** foisting halal ration packs on the forces - 30% of them for what? Less than 2% of the ADF population (more are off fighting with ISIS!). They've demanded and got non uniform dress even though for years some of them were quite ok with the uniform as was. So either the PC ***** pull their head in for fear of offense and we stop pandering to them or it will get much worse. And don't get me started on the Grand Mufti who seeks to lecture us on communicating better but in over 20 years can't bring himself to speak English!

At the moment we are below the threshold of percentage population where significant demands are made but it won't be long.

Guest Michaela60

All our food?????

All our food?????

Not quite all but a considerable amount and you really have to look to see whether it is or not. Now some companies are being devious and are paying the certification fees but not putting the certification logo on the product so that people do not actually realise they are funding Islamic progression with their purchases. Things that have no need of certification like honey, water, salt etc are still certified - via extortion really. It is now not possible to get baby food for example which is not certified. Big companies like Cadbury, Nestle, Kraft etc are all certified. Lots of dairy is also certified - Bega for example.

Guest Michaela60
Not quite all but a considerable amount and you really have to look to see whether it is or not. Now some companies are being devious and are paying the certification fees but not putting the certification logo on the product so that people do not actually realise they are funding Islamic progression with their purchases. Things that have no need of certification like honey, water, salt etc are still certified - via extortion really. It is now not possible to get baby food for example which is not certified. Big companies like Cadbury, Nestle, Kraft etc are all certified. Lots of dairy is also certified - Bega for example.

Honestly who cares? Talk about a storm in a teacup!

Honestly who cares? Talk about a storm in a teacup!

Its not a storm in a teacup, if only it was. These may seem small potatoes but no other migrant group has asked for consideration of their religion or beliefs. For some reason everyone is or seems to be afraid of upsetting people who do not integrate. If I was a refugee and a country took me in I would be so glad and I would just get on with my life and not ask for anything more than what had been given to me. Most are like me, however its the vocal few and those that take to Courts for all sorts of slights etc that get the majority feeling alien due to local people's perception of them. Its not just the resident population that is suffering because of all this food, school, swimming pool stuff, its the migrants themselves.

There have always been different religious views and ways that people conduct their lives but they do it in private within families, like minded people and their homes. This is being played on the big screen and causing social unrest which is not good.

I am not a religious person and I do not want to pick up my yoghurt with halal certification thank you. I also want to eat my ham sandwich and have my bacon. Also a good leg of pork now and again. I also want to not have my guide dog refused entry to a taxi.

Might be small potatoes but out of small potatoes big ones grow.

Guest Michaela60
Its not a storm in a teacup, if only it was. These may seem small potatoes but no other migrant group has asked for consideration of their religion or beliefs. For some reason everyone is or seems to be afraid of upsetting people who do not integrate. If I was a refugee and a country took me in I would be so glad and I would just get on with my life and not ask for anything more than what had been given to me. Most are like me, however its the vocal few and those that take to Courts for all sorts of slights etc that get the majority feeling alien due to local people's perception of them. Its not just the resident population that is suffering because of all this food, school, swimming pool stuff, its the migrants themselves.

There have always been different religious views and ways that people conduct their lives but they do it in private within families, like minded people and their homes. This is being played on the big screen and causing social unrest which is not good.

I am not a religious person and I do not want to pick up my yoghurt with halal certification thank you. I also want to eat my ham sandwich and have my bacon. Also a good leg of pork now and again. I also want to not have my guide dog refused entry to a taxi.

Paranoid much?

So who is stopping you from eating ham, bacon and pork?I hadn't noticed any shortage of it.......

for such a small percentage of the population they have got a lot of political sway in a relatively short space of time. thats why i wont buy anything certified as halal. i dont want to contribute to funding the spread of a political ideology that destroys the lives of people in the countries where it gets a foothold.

the whole certification thing is such a scam. even some muslims were honest enough to say its totally unnecessary & they can simply bless any food to make it halal. if they couldnt do that they wouldnt of been able to eat or drink anything before the certification was introduced.

i got a great app for my phone call halal choices. it makes shopping much easier especially when not everything is labelled.

I'm afraid it is. Nothing at all wrong with Muslims being advised what has been judged Halal. Besides being inclusive it opens further trade markets. Some should perhaps question more particular groups preaching disharmony and hatred.

for such a small percentage of the population they have got a lot of political sway in a relatively short space of time. thats why i wont buy anything certified as halal. i dont want to contribute to funding the spread of a political ideology that destroys the lives of people in the countries where it gets a foothold.

the whole certification thing is such a scam. even some muslims were honest enough to say its totally unnecessary & they can simply bless any food to make it halal. if they couldnt do that they wouldnt of been able to eat or drink anything before the certification was introduced.

i got a great app for my phone call halal choices. it makes shopping much easier especially when not everything is labelled.

Not a scam as such. Certainly not more than a lot of things marketed these days.Such labelling ensures nothing ' harum' in the product like pork for example.

So you are quite happy to be contributing money to a religion of which you are not a member?

thats the thing though. if it was jews or christians or buddhists saying everything had to be certified there would be uproar. but because its muslims its different & all ok. why is so many people drinking the must not disagree with anything the muslims come up with cool aide.

I can't really see the big issue with making some minor adjustments - and that is coming from a solidly atheist person. I have spent my life accommodating the needs, rituals and habits of christians so accommodating muslims is not so big an issue.

No reason why it should bother you. Tastes the same label or no label. Not being Muslim on the other hand, opens you up to a wider choice, based on preference, not kosher/halal certified.

thats the thing though. if it was jews or christians or buddhists saying everything had to be certified there would be uproar. but because its muslims its different & all ok. why is so many people drinking the must not disagree with anything the muslims come up with cool aide.

Muslims are not saying everything must be certified. It may make business since to do so though. An individual business call. Doesn't impact on you in anyway. Fail to see your beef about the matter. The question could be why are so many kicking everything Muslim at every given opportunity? A label makes no difference to me or you or may do to export markets and/or an individual person in decision making with regards to purchasing a product.

What on earth is 'Islamic progression'? Halal certification reduces food costs because the products can now be sold to a much bigger market. No consumer is paying extra for it, and no money is going to fund Islamic terrorism, despite what tinfoil-hat wearing theorists might believe. To think otherwise is simple xenophobia.