#censusfail

Diane

Well, that was as bit of a disaster! Who'd have seen that coming?!!

Kind of glad I wasn't able to access the site now last night to complete my details as there are questions being asked whether the data that DID get entered has been compromised, and now there's talk of cancelling the whole thing and starting from scratch!

On a different note, having seen the TV ads where a previous census date was 30th June, why did the ABS people choose 9th August this year for their 'snapshot' of the nation? Do you think they chose it deliberately to avoid having to build any more athletics venues or swimming pools, as all the top participants in those sports are not in the country on this date? Don't know if there are any questions about sport on the form (as I said, I didn't get that far!) but if there are, looks like AFL will be the only sport to get any infrastructure spending on it in the future!

On a different note, having seen the TV ads where a previous census date was 30th June, why did the ABS people choose 9th August this year for their 'snapshot' of the nation?

The census date was changed from 30th June to early August in 1991. I can't remember why they changed it...maybe confusion with tax return time at 30th June?

I think they should have issued paper ones in the first place but with the option of an on line completion.

They did - at least in my neck of the woods - hand delivered by a nice lady to my front door. The form says "Go online or use this form".

Yes I got paper form and option of doing online but not everyone did..their was variations of what people got in the same street so I don't know how they chose who got forms and who didn't

Because the government already have access to all your online data, so they looked at who in your street spent least time online and gave them a paper form?

Because the government already have access to all your online data, so they looked at who in your street spent least time online and gave them a paper form?

Only being in my place 3 months, surely they must have collected that info before or only just after I moved, little data to say I am an heavy user, yet I received online census!

Only being in my place 3 months, surely they must have collected that info before or only just after I moved, little data to say I am an heavy user, yet I received online census!

You mean you were emailed about it? The census is based on place of residence.....so how did the ABS have your email linked to that address ...especially as you've only been there for 3 months?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Tasmania? thought it would still be smoke signals:tongue: especially when your Tasman umbilical cord breaks

Nah...smoke signals went out when the Poms undertook their great colonising genocide. :tongue:

Doubt it very much. We got a paper form but my mother in law, who has never had internet access at her house, had the letter with a code to do it online. I didn't even bother trying to complete the census online and just filled in the form. Glad I did now.

You mean you were emailed about it? The census is based on place of residence.....so how did the ABS have your email linked to that address ...especially as you've only been there for 3 months?

No I, or should I say my address, got a letter telling me to do it on line or to phone a number to get a paper form. However if, as the poster says, they can monitor my usage then surely they know who I am? big brother is watching!

5541539dd37e17c492ffb8362442f4ce.jpg

Australia - poulation 27

(Source; ABS 2016 census)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Australia has a population of just under 50 people, according to last night’s census figures. It represents a fall from the 22 million measured in the 2011 census.

The snapshot of the nation showed that almost one in five of all Australians now live in a share-house in Coppin Street, in the Melbourne suburb of Richmond. The flatmates, who moved into the property last week, are still waiting for their internet to get connected.

The booming area is set to see further population growth in the future, with Thommo’s girlfriend expected to move in next week.

The ABS says the census is vital for future planning, and will allow the Government to build new schools, hospitals and other health facilities in that part of Coppin Street.

Other figures showed:

61% of Australians now work for the ABS

7% of Australians have the surname Turnbull

12% of Australians are current or former Australian Prime Ministers

0% of Australians have an internet connection.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2016/08/10/australias-population-now-48-abs-confirms/

Did mine at 6am on the Tuesday morning. No problems. And as to sensitive data I figure that there is little in there that I would be bothered with sharing. People must think they are so bloody interesting that the world and his wife wants to know who they are and where they live.

I'm sure that the hackers are fascinated by the number of housework hours we knock out in a week....

Archived