Easter Closures

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

The majority of Australians are about to enjoy a four-day Easter holiday weekend with a string of public holidays in sight.

But as you prepare to indulge with the family over the Easter long weekend, it might be worth checking to see if you have stocked up on all the essentials.

Good Friday and Easter Saturday, Sunday and Monday are all public holidays in most states, which means restrictions on retail trading may apply.

So what exactly is open and closed over the next four days?

3282097300000578-3507031-image-a-30_1458786864257.jpg

+6

Good Friday and Easter Saturday, Sunday and Monday are all public holidays in most states and territories in Australia, which means restrictions on retail trading may apply

Good Friday

Good Friday is a restricted trading day across the country, which means most shops including supermarkets and major shopping centres are closed.

The majority of Coles and Woolworths stores will be closed on Good Friday.

Smaller corner stores, petrol stations and chemists are exempt and are allowed to trade on Friday but it is up to their discretion.

Bottle shops will also be closed on Good Friday, but alcohol is still served at hotels, bars and pubs.

Licensed premises in NSW are only allowed to serve alcohol from noon until 10pm.

You can also still drink alcohol at licensed restaurants in most states, as long as you order food at the same time.

Easter Saturday

Supermarkets and bottle shops generally trade as normal on Easter Saturday even though it is a public holiday in all states and territories apart from Western Australia and Tasmania.

Major shopping centres like Westfield will also be open on Saturday.

There are also no restrictions to alcohol sales.

3282083B00000578-3507031-image-a-31_1458786908386.jpg

+6

Good Friday is a restricted trading day across the country, which means most shops including supermarkets and major shopping centres are closed

32820EAB00000578-3507031-image-a-32_1458786926936.jpg

+6

Bottle shops will also be closed on Good Friday, but alcohol is still served at bars and pubs. You can also still drink alcohol at licensed restaurants in most states, as long as you order food

3282096B00000578-3507031-image-a-33_1458787008220.jpg

+6

Supermarkets and bottle shops generally trade as normal on Easter Saturday even though it is a public in all states and territories apart from Western Australia and Tasmania

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday is only a public holiday in NSW, Victoria and the ACT. It is a restricted trading day in NSW so most supermarkets, including Coles and Woolworths, are closed.

Some supermarkets will be open in Sydney's CBD, but it is best to check a store's website before heading over.

The majority of supermarkets in Victoria will trade normally. There are also no restrictions on the sale of alcohol on Easter Sunday.

While it is not considered a public holiday in Queensland, not all shopping centres will be open - mostly ones outside of Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Easter Monday

Easter Monday is a public holiday for the entire country but most major shopping centres will be open and trading as normal.

Coles and Woolworths will be open again in most states, except South Australia where only select supermarkets say they will open.

There are also no restrictions on alcohol sales on Monday.

3282083F00000578-3507031-image-a-34_1458787048207.jpg

+6

Easter Sunday is actually only a public holiday in NSW, Victoria and the ACT. It is a restricted trading day in NSW so major shopping centres and supermarkets, including Coles and Woolworths, are closed

3282097700000578-3507031-image-a-35_1458787077845.jpg

+6

Easter Monday is a public holiday for the entire country but most supermarkets and major shopping centres will be open and trading as normal

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3507031/Easter-long-weekend-opening-hours-revealed-Woolworths-Coles.html#ixzz43nCWJmal

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

My favourite weekend of the year

No work on Friday means no contractor progress meeting or financial reviews. This sucks 6 hours and my lifeforce out of me every Friday

No work on Monday means no executive meeting or team meetings. Which again is no loss (as a one off)

Happy Easter :-)

Wel FF I've got tomorrow off ( were closed ) just worked until 10pm and it was mental,

I carefully avoid any supermarket the day before Good Friday. I recklessly went a few years back...and discovered that it was worse than Christmas Eve! :arghh:

I carefully avoid any supermarket the day before Good Friday. I recklessly went a few years back...and discovered that it was worse than Christmas Eve! :arghh:

I made the mistake of trying to go to the supermarket after I dropped the kids off at school yesterday. I was quite happily driving along to the supermarket, congratulating myself on being so organised on the morning of the kids 'Easter Hat Parade', when I came upon a huge queue of cars trying to get into the supermarket car park. I thought "Stuff this!" and pulled around the queue to drive home, and happened to find a car parking space right out the front of the supermarket (the car park is at the back). I only needed a couple of things but it still took me the best part of half an hour to fight my way through people stocking up on bread, milk and other essentials as if some sort of apocalyptic event was coming.

OH usually ends up working over Easter if his practice is open (he doesn't pay himself penalty rates), but this year due to him having to work on some of his days off, he has four days off. We are going to spend some of it fitting skirting boards and fixing up some of the coving where the kitchen company we used made a mess of it, and we will probably go out for a couple of walks if I feel up to it.

Archived