How's Corbachev doing these days?

Harpodom

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's because people like Benn and Corbyn always support the other side. Perhaps I'm wrong though. You tell me. What was their position on The Falklands War, or the IRA?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

That's called democracy, where an opposing viewpoint is expressed and then there is a DISCUSSION about the validity of the opposing viewpoints.

I see you assume that because Americans speak English, they ARE English. (Disgruntled Poms make the same mistake with Australians).

America is not a Welfare State. It's not a constitutional monarchy. It has a written constitution which (like Australia) is very hard to amend. It has a strict limitation of powers, hence someone as powerful as the President can't bring in gun control or free medical care.

You have picked on a few similarities between the two parties, which you could have done for Britain or Australia where the major parties are also similar on many issues. They have to be that way to appeal to the middle ground who will vote for them. If they go too far to the right, or left, they are unlikely to win Govt, see Corbo.

The constitution defines powers and freedoms it does not preclude action by the legislature to address social issues or prevent parties from having policies, it just so happens that neither party is interested in the country, only in holding power to benefit their financial backers which happen to be vested interests who make billions out of the status quo and pay little in taxes on those billions.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

One mans terrorists is another mans freedom fighter, and the hamfisted Americans with our support pissed the Arab world off bigtime and created a fertile field for these idiots to grow an army in.

As the hamfisted Japanese pissed the Americans off big time in Dec 1941. If they had not meddled the US might have stayed a relatively minor power instead of the World superpower.

It's not always our fault did we piss off the Arab world by kicking Saddam out of Kuwait?

Did we piss off the Arab world when Iraq invaded Iran?

Did the Arab world piss off the US with 911?

The constitution defines powers and freedoms it does not preclude action by the legislature to address social issues or prevent parties from having policies, it just so happens that neither party is interested in the country, only in holding power to benefit their financial backers which happen to be vested interests who make billions out of the status quo and pay little in taxes on those billions.

Do how on Earth did the US grow so big?

That's called democracy, where an opposing viewpoint is expressed and then there is a DISCUSSION about the validity of the opposing viewpoints.

It's not democracy when up support the other side every time irrespective of the issue. Argentina invaded the Falklands. It's like supporting the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour.