EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey @CaptainC you nearly gave me kittens then. Just to double check I get 10 points for my AQF III that I got from my skills assessment?

Also I cant find anywhere on the DIBP website that says what time an eoi can be submitted/changed to be valid for the next draw?

Yes that's right, 10 points for that.

It's not published on the website but I know the cut off is 24 hours before the invitation round, which will be midnight AEDT (1pm UK tomorrow) so the cutoff passed at 1pm UK time today.

If you don't get an invitation by tomorrow afternoon then I'd recommend changing the EOI after the invitation round, you'll be (almost) guaranteed an invitation at the end of November.

I would advise leaving the 190 in place and submitting a new 189 EOI when the time comes to meet the points test.

Don't worry about being limited to a state. There is no restriction on where you live. It is merely a moral obligation to live in the nominated state, and not a contracted or mandatory obligation.

Hi Captain,

Good day sir! If I get a state nomination from Victoria, can I live in Melbourne with my relatives and still fulfill my moral obligations as well as any other legal obligations? Right now my points are still 60 with occupation 2613 (analyst programmer) which you predicted before may come in earliest in Dec but with the 65 pts minimum, its unlikely. I have a few questions then:

1. Would you think its a better choice to apply for visa 190 with SS to Victoria then?

2. You mentioned that visa 190 is also a permanent resident with the same rights/benefits as a 189. Does it mean after 2 years in my nominated state I can go to any other state or city outside of my nominated state?

3. Reiterating my earlier question about moral/ethical obligations as well as any other legal obligations if I live in Melbourne IF Victoria state sponsors me for 190.

Thank you for clarifying this. I am also trying to do my own research but it really helps if I get pointed in the right direction.

Edited by Khamutari

Hi Captain C,

Thanks for your prediction and help.

Finally, I have received the invitation.

EOI date of effect:29/8/2015

Chemical Engineer

Shall I pay 5400 AUD at this stage for visa application?

Hi,

Yes, once you've completed the application form you will be asked to pay the visa application charge.

Hi Captain,

Good day sir! If I get a state nomination from Victoria, can I live in Melbourne with my relatives and still fulfill my moral obligations as well as any other legal obligations? Right now my points are still 60 with occupation 2613 (analyst programmer) which you predicted before may come in earliest in Dec but with the 65 pts minimum, its unlikely. I have a few questions then:

1. Would you think its a better choice to apply for visa 190 with SS to Victoria then?

2. You mentioned that visa 190 is also a permanent resident with the same rights/benefits as a 189. Does it mean after 2 years in my nominated state I can go to any other state or city outside of my nominated state?

3. Reiterating my earlier question about moral/ethical obligations as well as any other legal obligations if I live in Melbourne IF Victoria state sponsors me for 190.

Thank you for clarifying this. I am also trying to do my own research but it really helps if I get pointed in the right direction.

You can live ANYWHERE!!

To fulfil the moral obligation you would live in Victoria. Melbourne is in Victoria.

There's no legal obligation to live in any particular area with state sponsorship, only moral.

Hi CaptainC!

Please I need to know your prediction, if possible.

I submitted my EOI on 31-Oct-15 for ICT Systems Analyst (261112). 60p for 189 and 65p for 190 (NSW). IELTS band 7 and work experience of 8+ years .

I loose 10 points in 11-Aug-16 due the age factor and ICT SA is in pro-rata with the cutoff of 65p. :(

Would you see even a minor chance to get invited by that date? I hope to be invited by NSW also. In the worse scenario I plan to submit an EOI for 190 Victoria later by March-16 to have another chance.

Thanks for any comments!

Edited by Marcos Alexandre

Hi!

I'd reckon it's 50/50 for the next round on Friday. If not I'm certain it will come no later than the first round in November.

We got our email invitiing us to apply for a visa straight after completing our medicals in Edinburgh, yesterday.

You were spot on. Thanks!

:)