EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

I can't offer any predictions for 190 as mentioned in the first post in this thread.

With 60 points you cannot currently be invited as the threshold is 65.

Based on the current trend, I can't see that it will drop to 60 again during this programme year (the 2016/17 year starts on 1st July)

Of course, things can change but it isn't looking likely.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't offer any predictions for 190 as mentioned in the first post in this thread.

With 60 points you cannot currently be invited as the threshold is 65.

Based on the current trend, I can't see that it will drop to 60 again during this programme year (the 2016/17 year starts on 1st July)

Of course, things can change but it isn't looking likely.

Yeah, I was thinking the same.. :( Let's see anyways

Thank you!

Yeah, I was thinking the same.. :( Let's see anyways

Thank you!

I see that your IELTS is band 7. Try increasing that and you'll get the extra 10 points and therefore a quick invitation.

You can also try PTE (Pearson Testing of English). Many have said that they have much more luck with that.

Otherwise 190 may be your best bet.

Good luck

You can live ANYWHERE!!

To fulfil the moral obligation you would live in Victoria. Melbourne is in Victoria.

There's no legal obligation to live in any particular area with state sponsorship, only moral.

Thank you, thats good to know :) I'll try to file for SS asap then since the 65pt threshold doesn't look like its gonna go down soon.

Hi CaptainC,

Mine is:

1) 261313

2) Software Engineer

3) 60

4) 24/08/2015

Appreciate very much a prediction. Thank you!

Hi Captain C,

Please predict

1. ANZSCO code: 261313

2. Occupation:Software Engineer

3. Points score:60

4. Date of submission of the EOI:09/jun/2015

Currently there's no possibility of a prediction on these occupations due to your points score being below the minimum of 65.

I would suggest investigating the possibility of increasing your points.

CaptainC - have you got a link to the bit about the minimum points score being 65 for Software Developers? Can't find it on Border and I think I'm going to struggle to get more points!

Scroll to the bottom of this link:

https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/SkillSelect-23-October-2015-Round-Results.aspx

The last 2613 acceptance was 65 points on 22nd October, once the backlog of 65 pointers clears (I assume this is soon) then the last 60 pointer I can see was Marhc 23rd, therefore there is all the people between 23rd of March and your EOI date who will get an invite before you.

Edit: CaptinC beat me too it! I shouldn't be posting at work and I'd be quicker ;)

CaptainC - have you got a link to the bit about the minimum points score being 65 for Software Developers? Can't find it on Border and I think I'm going to struggle to get more points!

Hi David, I've just had a look at your signature and I can see that your wife is a critical care nurse.

Maybe you could try going down that route and use her as the primary applicant, or if you haven't factored in already that with a skills assessment for her qualifications you could gain an extra 5 points for spouse qualification.

Hi David, I've just had a look at your signature and I can see that your wife is a critical care nurse.

Maybe you could try going down that route and use her as the primary applicant, or if you haven't factored in already that with a skills assessment for her qualifications you could gain an extra 5 points for spouse qualification.

To add to this you are in a similar situation to me David (albeit I am an accountant), my parnter is a nurse so she is my backup plan but hopefully I will get an invite in the next 6 weeks.

If your wife intends to work over in Australia she will need to register with AHPRA before starting work (regardless of visa), however the majority of the paperwork for ANMAC who do the nurse skills assessment is the same as AHPRA.

Once you have her skills assessment it will either give you an extra 5 points, or you can apply with her as the main applicant as CaptainC has suggested.

I imagine once the first November details are released in the next couple weeks you may get slightly more of an idea as to when to expect an invite, but I am just assuming it will show something useful here!

Hi Captain,

My details are for 189;

1. 261312

2. Developer Programmer

3. 60

4. 27/09/2015

Can we submitt 190 without state nomination? what's the process

As in the couple of posts above, minimum points are currently 65 for your occupation so it is not possible to predict at this time.

Thanks CaptainC and all who have replied for the link and advice - unfortunately my wife is a diploma nurse and can't get skills assessment from ANMAC or registration from AHRPA, so I can't get the 189 in her name or even get the 5 extra points for partner skills. Frustrating! I've started another thread on which degree I require to get the extra points for education - so it looks like I'm going back to Uni to top up to a degree before I lose points for age and my IELTS expires...

Thanks CaptainC and all who have replied for the link and advice - unfortunately my wife is a diploma nurse and can't get skills assessment from ANMAC or registration from AHRPA, so I can't get the 189 in her name or even get the 5 extra points for partner skills. Frustrating! I've started another thread on which degree I require to get the extra points for education - so it looks like I'm going back to Uni to top up to a degree before I lose points for age and my IELTS expires...

Oh that's a shame.

Best of luck, but keep that EOI in, you never know what's around the corner.

HI Captain C,

this is my EOI:

1. ANZSCO code: 221111

2. Occupation: Accountant General

3. Points score: 75

4. Date of submission of the EOI: 10/11/2015

Any change for EOI anytime this year?

Thank you!!

I'd say you get invited on next round. though still depends on other 75+ pointers.

Edited by Amir HK