EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Captain.

Thanks for your numerous posts on this forum. I have benefitted much from your input.

Please advise on when I would most likely be receiving an invitation if I were to submit my EOI in the 2nd window in Dec or the 1st window in Jan. By the way, what do you reckon would be the date for the 2nd window in Dec and the 1st window in Jan? I turn 40 end of Jan 2016, and would hope to be invited before that happens, failing which I would lose 10 points being bumped up into the next age bracket. Am delaying my EOI submission in the hope that I receive my PR grant only after Feb 2016 (preferably even Mar/Apr) as our planned entry into OZ would only be in Feb 2017.

My details as follows:

ANZCode: 241411 (Secondary School Teacher)

Thanks Captain.

Hi Captain.

Thanks for your numerous posts on this forum. I have benefitted much from your input.

Please advise on when I would most likely be receiving an invitation if I were to submit my EOI in the 2nd window in Dec or the 1st window in Jan. By the way, what do you reckon would be the date for the 2nd window in Dec and the 1st window in Jan? I turn 40 end of Jan 2016, and would hope to be invited before that happens, failing which I would lose 10 points being bumped up into the next age bracket. Am delaying my EOI submission in the hope that I receive my PR grant only after Feb 2016 (preferably even Mar/Apr) as our planned entry into OZ would only be in Feb 2017.

My details as follows:

ANZCode: 241411 (Secondary School Teacher)

Thanks Captain.

Dates aren't finalised yet, but I suspect that it will be 18th December & 4th January.

With 70 points you'd be practically guaranteed an invitation on the next available round following submission of your EOI.

Hi Captain,

As per your previous post, dibp is deliberately keeping 60 points out, in that case do i have any chance os getting invited

It's not possible to say, but I think it will eventually drop down again for 2613xx occupations. I don't think that it will happen until next year though.

Dates aren't finalised yet, but I suspect that it will be 18th December & 4th January.

With 70 points you'd be practically guaranteed an invitation on the next available round following submission of your EOI.

Awesome. Thanks Captain. Have a great weekend! :wink:

Hi captain C,

I have submitted EOI for 2613*** 190 on 3-Oct-2015 with 60 points .I would be changing it to 189 with 60 points on Jan1st as I can claim 5 points for my experience.

My date of effect would be Oct-3 or Jan-1st?

Some people suggest me to apply a seperate EOI for 189 and keep the 190 which I submitted on Oct-3 active so that I can consider which ever comes first?

Am hesitant to choose 190 (Victoria) because it would be limiting my opportunities. What is your suggestion on this. also how easy is to change the state if we are not getting job in the state from which we got SS visa.

Thanks,

Sashoo

Hi captain C,

I have submitted EOI for 2613*** 190 on 3-Oct-2015 with 60 points .I would be changing it to 189 with 60 points on Jan1st as I can claim 5 points for my experience.

My date of effect would be Oct-3 or Jan-1st?

Some people suggest me to apply a seperate EOI for 189 and keep the 190 which I submitted on Oct-3 active so that I can consider which ever comes first?

Am hesitant to choose 190 (Victoria) because it would be limiting my opportunities. What is your suggestion on this. also how easy is to change the state if we are not getting job in the state from which we got SS visa.

Thanks,

Sashoo

I would advise leaving the 190 in place and submitting a new 189 EOI when the time comes to meet the points test.

Don't worry about being limited to a state. There is no restriction on where you live. It is merely a moral obligation to live in the nominated state, and not a contracted or mandatory obligation.

I would advise leaving the 190 in place and submitting a new 189 EOI when the time comes to meet the points test.

Don't worry about being limited to a state. There is no restriction on where you live. It is merely a moral obligation to live in the nominated state, and not a contracted or mandatory obligation.

Hi Captain,

Thanks a lot for immediate response. but what a timing I just got a mail from victoria saying SS is not accepted. so it leaves me with 189 as the only option . can you please predict when would I get invite with the current trend,

1-JAN-2016

thx,

Sashoo

Hi Captain,

Thanks a lot for immediate response. but what a timing I just got a mail from victoria saying SS is not accepted. so it leaves me with 189 as the only option . can you please predict when would I get invite with the current trend,

1-JAN-2016

thx,

Sashoo

Under normal circumstances the time for 60 points on 2613xx is about 4-5 months. But the minimum points are currently 65, so on that basis, no 60 points applicants will be invited. This may change and probably will, but it is not guaranteed.

Get in touch after the first round in Jan and I may be able to give you a better idea then.

Carpenter

If I change my EOI tonight to include work experience before the next round, to 65 points?

Also @CaptainC how do I enter my AQF II gained through VetassessI on the eoi?

You've literally missed the cut off by 5 minutes to amend points for tomorrow's round.

The AQF is on the educational qualifications section of the EOI.

Remind me when you submitted the EOI. You may be ok for tomorrow as it stands if you submitted before mid/end of September

You've literally missed the cut off by 5 minutes to amend points for tomorrow's round.

The AQF is on the educational qualifications section of the EOI.

Remind me when you submitted the EOI. You may be ok for tomorrow as it stands if you submitted before mid/end of September

Oh I see you have to have submitted it by midnight Australian time, darn it. My original eoi was submitted on the 27th September.

I wasnt sure whether to chose AQF or to choose qualification as assessed by skills assesment authority?

Oh I see you have to have submitted it by midnight Australian time, darn it. My original eoi was submitted on the 27th September.

I wasnt sure whether to chose AQF or to choose qualification as assessed by skills assesment authority?

The Australian qualification will not yield you any more points as the educational requirements are that a a course was conducted in an Australian educational institute and the course was no less than 2 academic years.

You may have a chance for tomorrow but it is a bit of 50/50 at the moment.

The Australian qualification will not yield you any more points as the educational requirements are that a a course was conducted in an Australian educational institute and the course was no less than 2 academic years.

You may have a chance for tomorrow but it is a bit of 50/50 at the moment.

I don't mean the australian study section, I just mean in the ducation section.

So I should choose qualification as assessed by skills assesing authority rather than AQF, and out my AQF III details in here to gain the 10 points?

I don't mean the australian study section, I just mean in the ducation section.

So I should choose qualification as assessed by skills assesing authority rather than AQF, and out my AQF III details in here to gain the 10 points?

Yes, sorry. That sounds about right.