EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Capn',

Can you help to predict mine?

Analyst Programmer

60 pts

EOI date of effect: 27 July 2015

I read that for my ANZSCO code they raised the minimum pts needed to 65pts is it true and if so, any chance it would go down again to 60? Thanks!

Currently running at around 4-5 months for 60 point applicants.

There's a good chance that it will drop to 60 again but this is not certain yet.

Currently running at around 4-5 months for 60 point applicants.

There's a good chance that it will drop to 60 again but this is not certain yet.

Thanks for the info Cap! Hopefully mine goes out in November or early December even though I only have 60. Otherwise I'll look into getting an SS to bump it to 65. Hope this is not a bad idea though...

An unusual step for DIBP has been noted this morning. They have released the data from the Oct 23rd round already.

Again only 25 invitations were issued to Accountants. I'm not sure about the other pro rata occupations as I didn't record the data from the last update and now it has been updated again!

Pro rata occupations have a minimum point of 65 with the exception of accountants which remains at 70.

2613xx occupations look the most likely to drop back down to 60 at some point, but it does appear that the department has deliberately kept the minimum points to 65 due to the date of effect being exactly 24 hours before the round, which is the actual cut off for the round.

Accountants 2211xx and system analyst 2611xx are showing no real signs of improvement and continue to have very high demand. Personally I don't see these occupations getting a drop in the points back to 60 again before the start of the new programme year (1st July 2016).

Also, based on the ever increasing demand and lack of employment opportunities for accountants, I suspect that this will be the final year for accountants on the SOL, and I think that the occupation is highly likely to be removed in the 2016/17 programme year.

Thanks for the info Cap! Hopefully mine goes out in November or early December even though I only have 60. Otherwise I'll look into getting an SS to bump it to 65. Hope this is not a bad idea though...

You can submit an EOI for SS to run side by side with your 189 if you wish.

It will increase your chances.

You can submit an EOI for SS to run side by side with your 189 if you wish.

It will increase your chances.

Thanks for the advice Captain. Just one last question and a bit of a n00b at that but, if I submit an SS side by side with my 189, and the SS got approved then does it mean I won't get a permanent resident visa and more of a working visa limited only to the state I applied for?

Thanks for the advice Captain. Just one last question and a bit of a n00b at that but, if I submit an SS side by side with my 189, and the SS got approved then does it mean I won't get a permanent resident visa and more of a working visa limited only to the state I applied for?

The 190 State Sponsored and 189 independent are both permanent residency visas and have the same rights and entitlements as each other.

An unusual step for DIBP has been noted this morning. They have released the data from the Oct 23rd round already.

Again only 25 invitations were issued to Accountants. I'm not sure about the other pro rata occupations as I didn't record the data from the last update and now it has been updated again!

Pro rata occupations have a minimum point of 65 with the exception of accountants which remains at 70.

2613xx occupations look the most likely to drop back down to 60 at some point, but it does appear that the department has deliberately kept the minimum points to 65 due to the date of effect being exactly 24 hours before the round, which is the actual cut off for the round.

Accountants 2211xx and system analyst 2611xx are showing no real signs of improvement and continue to have very high demand. Personally I don't see these occupations getting a drop in the points back to 60 again before the start of the new programme year (1st July 2016).

Also, based on the ever increasing demand and lack of employment opportunities for accountants, I suspect that this will be the final year for accountants on the SOL, and I think that the occupation is highly likely to be removed in the 2016/17 programme year.

Thanks for this explanation. Just a random question, I lodged my application on 23/Oct/2015 however my ACS assessment expires on 9/Dec/2015. Just wondering if this expiry date has any negative impact on my visa grant? I mean I'm worried that maybe the process of visa grant would take longer than ACS assessment expiry date.

Thanks for this explanation. Just a random question, I lodged my application on 23/Oct/2015 however my ACS assessment expires on 9/Dec/2015. Just wondering if this expiry date has any negative impact on my visa grant? I mean I'm worried that maybe the process of visa grant would take longer than ACS assessment expiry date.

As long as a document is valid on the date you lodged the application then it's no problem if it expires before the grant.

The only exception to this is PCC and Medical.

Hi Captain.

So you suggest that there won't be any noticeable increase in the number of invites to accountants? Now they give only 25 a round, so if they increase it , let's say, to 100, and keep it for several rounds the min score may fall to 65, doesn't it?

Top 10 occupations in terms of invites number (23/10 round):

[TABLE=width: 446]

[TR]

[TD]Software and Applications Programmers[/TD]

[TD=align: right]218[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Registered Nurses[/TD]

[TD=align: right]105[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers[/TD]

[TD=align: right]85[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Computer Network Professionals[/TD]

[TD=align: right]80[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ICT Business and Systems Analysts[/TD]

[TD=align: right]64[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Other Engineering Professionals[/TD]

[TD=align: right]57[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Civil Engineering Professionals[/TD]

[TD=align: right]49[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Electronics Engineers[/TD]

[TD=align: right]44[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Telecommunications Engineering Professionals[/TD]

[TD=align: right]36[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Accountants[/TD]

[TD=align: right]25[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi Captain.

So you suggest that there won't be any noticeable increase in the number of invites to accountants? Now they give only 25 a round, so if they increase it , let's say, to 100, and keep it for several rounds the min score may fall to 65, doesn't it?

Top 10 occupations in terms of invites number (23/10 round):

[TABLE=width: 446]

[TR]

[TD]Software and Applications Programmers[/TD]

[TD=align: right]218[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Registered Nurses[/TD]

[TD=align: right]105[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers[/TD]

[TD=align: right]85[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Computer Network Professionals[/TD]

[TD=align: right]80[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ICT Business and Systems Analysts[/TD]

[TD=align: right]64[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Other Engineering Professionals[/TD]

[TD=align: right]57[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Civil Engineering Professionals[/TD]

[TD=align: right]49[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Electronics Engineers[/TD]

[TD=align: right]44[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Telecommunications Engineering Professionals[/TD]

[TD=align: right]36[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Accountants[/TD]

[TD=align: right]25[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

It's impossible to say what the plan is, and only DIBP know the answer.

Because the occupation is pro rata, it's unique, and comparing the data with other occupations is like comparing apples with oranges.

Hello CaptianC,

Accountant

EOI: 01/10/2015

Just received an invitation to apply for a nomination for 190 today (Not the visa, just the nomination), but wonder if I should do so as it takes 12 weeks for an outcome and the application costs $330.

I believe within the next 12 weeks I should get an invite for 189 given the current situation? That would save me the $330 application fee and perhaps get to apply for a permanent visa sooner.

If I apply for 190 nomination will they take off my 189 EOI from the queue?

Thanks in advance.

The 190 State Sponsored and 189 independent are both permanent residency visas and have the same rights and entitlements as each other.

Thank you for clarifying that. I guess the only difference is that you are stuck for 2 years in the state that sponsored you (not that that's a bad thing) if you have the SS and visa 190. Reason being I have family in Melbourne but not close family that they can sponsor me (2nd cousin and uncles). Anyway thanks again very much for your kindness and information Captain!

Hello CaptianC,

Accountant

EOI: 01/10/2015

Just received an invitation to apply for a nomination for 190 today (Not the visa, just the nomination), but wonder if I should do so as it takes 12 weeks for an outcome and the application costs $330.

I believe within the next 12 weeks I should get an invite for 189 given the current situation? That would save me the $330 application fee and perhaps get to apply for a permanent visa sooner.

If I apply for 190 nomination will they take off my 189 EOI from the queue?

Thanks in advance.

If I were you I'd wait for the 189, it shouldn't take too long with 70 points.