189 Visa Grant Delay

mickeyteg

This forum is awesome, i stumbled upon this since i am in the same boat waiting for a result on 189 visa. I completed all the documents and medicals and was uploaded on 25th Jan,2016. 2 week ago my agent emailed DIBP to ask for a status, since it was almost 3 months, and they said it is going through background check. I am not sure how long do they take. Seems like everyone is averaging around 5-7 months processing for 189.

Ive been waiting since Jan too, last evidence they requested was 28days ago and was uploaded 3 weeks ago by our agent.

Agent is saying they are taking at least a month to reply to urgent emails too!

Hi Captain C,

Need you predictions here.

Been waiting since March 9th 2016. Got employment verification from local embassy on the 12th April 2016, Since then no communication from DIBP

To date my application status remains "Received". Do I contact them? what email do I use since I haven't had a CO contact?

We got our 189 visas 5 months after applying but pretty much 3 months after the last CO contact and applications being picked up again. So we provided additional info early Feb, which got picked up for processing Feb end, then took the entire 3 month period to get our grants on June 2nd

From personal experience I want to add that travel history plays a big part in the time taken. Maybe they check with their local contacts in the countries you have lived in or visited but it makes a difference. If you ask why, well my younger brother and I had identical applications except for the travel history. Some of my friends applied with the same points and skill but got it months before us. Our only additional info was the Police certificate, my wife's English certificate (which wasnt really needed as she's British) and our marriage certificate

We applied as British citizens while my brother as an Indian citizen yet he got his visa directly (no CO contact at all, front loaded all docs) in 2 months time. We on the other hand travelled a lot across Europe, Middle East and South East Asia. My application was straightforward, all documents clear and no question mark on anything so everything points to the amount we travelled. This is me trying to have an educated guess why but I could be wrong.......

Hope its comes through soon for you guys, hang in there!

KnK

Edited by Kenfrapin
More info

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think so.

I was traveling few times after lodging visa application and my agent didn't ask for any extra documents.

Visa was granted.

So good luck

I have question. If after launching application for visa 189, an applicant travels abroad(16 days), then is there a requirement to submit any document. If yes, then which one?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

Any update?

For me, still waiting... 10th month this week....

Hi saacor and others,

Its been 8 months 6 days since i applied . still waiting. I think all old cases should be cleared in july since new capping has now enforced and more and more slots are now available

Lets hope we all get our grants injuly.

Mechy

Hi saacor and others,Its been 8 months 6 days since i applied . still waiting. I think all old cases should be cleared in july since new capping has now enforced and more and more slots are now availableLets hope we all get our grants injuly.Mechy
DIBP has really slowed down... from the average of 76 days... they will prbably go toward 130 days within next three month. (based on the tracking info)

Hi Captain C,

Need you predictions here.

I am Indian citizen.

Been waiting since March 12th 2016(as Software developer).

CO has asked for PCC details on 21st April 2016.

Since then no update from their side.

I have mailed them and they have replied as soon as possible they will complete the process.

So, please share your prediction and possible reasons for delay.

Hi every one

I got my grant today 20 july (after waiting for 8 months 8 days)

It was a difficult time to just wait n wait.

Now starts another task of making arrangements for landing.

Thank u everyone for your support and guidance. Esp Captain C

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

best of luck! @hussainrizvi

Hi every one

I got my grant today 20 july (after waiting for 8 months 8 days)

It was a difficult time to just wait n wait.

Now starts another task of making arrangements for landing.

Thank u everyone for your support and guidance. Esp Captain C

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk