189 Visa Grant Delay

mickeyteg

Just an update, I made a call to DIBP this morning, the lady was kind enough to look into my account, and all she said was that there was no information that she can give at this time as the application is in progress. All my information was in place and no other documents is being requested.. I Just need to wait ... :(

I, myself, have put together my Payslips for last 3 months and expecting my bank statement in post today as well. I'm going to mail them the ruddy documents along with my CV.

Just got sick and tired of them b******ing us about. I'm going to ring them after my email and documents upload. Don't want them to come back with a new request for them Payslips since I uploaded my last (November 2015), CV and whatever s***e.

Let's see. I'll keep you fellas in loop.

into the 11th month now:(

ccupation: Software Engineer Code: 261313 Points claimed: 65 Visa application date: 08-04-2015 CO ;no CO alloted: they have emailed me that no doc are required and verification are carried out :(

Wow that's just wrong. What are your citizenships?

Sent via Tapatalk

Yup, I too think that is too long a time to wait, unless you got a hit or something, it is most likely that your application must have gone under the pile, you should have at least a CO already looking into your application within the first three months or so, delays should have some reasons like additional documents required..

That is way too much waiting...

@kkwaiting, can't imagine the misery you're going through mate.

I've been watching and analysing the grant stats sheets. And I think this whole HR (High Risk) countries causing delays to grant to be a complete and utter ruse. The reason I say that is because, the HR citizens are getting grants within weeks and people who're nationals of, I don't know what to call it so I'd say low risk countries are delayed as well.

What I think is happening is, the candidates who lodged around the end of financial year and start of current financial year are being tossed about. I also suspect it has to do with their new system upgrade, as I'd come across multiple bugs myself. I suspect could it be a tech fault that's causing all this, instead of some made up queue or whatever b****cks they say.

Phew, I think that's the rant over. :)

@kkwaiting, can't imagine the misery you're going through mate.

I've been watching and analysing the grant stats sheets. And I think this whole HR (High Risk) countries causing delays to grant to be a complete and utter ruse. The reason I say that is because, the HR citizens are getting grants within weeks and people who're nationals of, I don't know what to call it so I'd say low risk countries are delayed as well.

What I think is happening is, the candidates who lodged around the end of financial year and start of current financial year are being tossed about. I also suspect it has to do with their new system upgrade, as I'd come across multiple bugs myself. I suspect could it be a tech fault that's causing all this, instead of some made up queue or whatever b****cks they say.

Phew, I think that's the rant over. :)

Yes may be Mobari but I cannot make out what can possibly take so long. Its very discouraging to see such a great process delay in the departments activity.

@kkwaiting, hey mate, just a quick question. When you say that verification is done, what exactly does it mean?

As I understand, the CO is the one who initiates verification process, but you're claiming to have no CO assigned as of yet then who initiated the verification.

Or may be my understanding is wrong.

There's two types of verification.

One is done internally by DIBP, this can mean checking employment details, travel records in Australia, and any other related information that the Department have direct access to.

The next is external verification. This is the one where the department must seek assistance from outside agencies such as foreign and domestic national security agencies, Interpol, foreign border agencies, and other foreign and domestic governments.

The latter one is the one that takes the most time as they are at the mercy of those external agencies, and if they don't do things quickly, then neither can DIBP.

I was reliably informed that because of the recent terror threats there is an increased number of applicants that are being scrutinised, especially those with ties to countries known to be 'hot beds' for extremism. Relatives are being looked into for the same reason, and those with large families may also face delays. Even some travel to those countries, however short a trip and genuine reason for being there, is being scrutinised closely.

Thanks @CaptainC for the information. But there has to be someone at the department to start of the verification process, I assume, or is it just the system that initiates it automatically without any supervision.

No, it's done manually during the verification process.

Then it gets passed on if necessary.

Then it comes back and waits in the system to be picked up again.

There are no individual case officers now, and there hasn't been for around 1.5-2 years.

What happens now is that each application is allocated on a first come first served basis, usually within 14-28 days. This is true of all applicants.

When it appears on a screen a processing officer looks through the uploaded documents, verifies them and then that document is flagged as completed. If there are insufficient or no documents then they move onto the next person. Processing officers may be working on verifying several applicants at once.

It's not just a case of a huge pile of applications sat on somebodies desk and then they verify one and make a decision and then move onto the next application.

An application can go through several officers before being passed for decision.

So when does the processing officer pass an application to another processing officer?

Hang on, let's consider, an application has been made and a total of 30 documents are uploaded (which includes everything to support points claim, medical and PCC) so what happens to it?

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand this.

So when does the processing officer pass an application to another processing officer?

Hang on, let's consider, an application has been made and a total of 30 documents are uploaded (which includes everything to support points claim, medical and PCC) so what happens to it?

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand this.

It's all on a computer system. The processing officers open the application program and the next allocated person pops up.

If it's a simple application then one person may be able to process many of the documents themselves. Otherwise they just wait until it pops up on their screen again.

With thousands of applications in the system at any one time then that is the fairest way.

If an application is passed to an outside agency then that application stays dormant until the information requested comes back.

• Like 1

@kkwaiting, hey mate, just a quick question. When you say that verification is done, what exactly does it mean?

As I understand, the CO is the one who initiates verification process, but you're claiming to have no CO assigned as of yet then who initiated the verification.

Or may be my understanding is wrong.

Your understanding is corrector mate. I lodged application in April. There was no contact by any CO. And the status of my application didn't change from 'application received'. I then tried contacting department. And finally someone from department replied on email(reply to a compliant email). They said they are sorry that there application didn't update that my application was under verification since May. Also that no further documentarians are required from my side and it's still under verification. Phew ?

hello, just wanted to share our status with you. this morning we got a letter from VACCU (the external agency doing character checks on applicants) containing a letter of intent to refuse based under s501 of the migration act. basically says that they might refuse our application based on my husband's previous criminal record. they are giving us 28 days to respond. if we dont respond in 28 days, they will decide on our case based on the documents they have now which is my husband's passenger card back in 2013 when he first arrived in Aus, online visa application, form 80 for husband, Australian and UK police clearance, and a FORM 1023 where we detailed all his offences and provided a background on each offense and how my husband has repented and changed for the better since then. We're still not losing hope and we are planning to reply within 3 weeks time. As of now we have reference letters from his mum, former employees and a few from his Australian friends. I'll have to write him one and ask his brother who lives in Sydney to write him one as well. Hoping for grants for everyone else! Keep the faith XX