189 Visa Grant Delay

mickeyteg

Hi saacor and others,

Its been 8 months 6 days since i applied . still waiting. I think all old cases should be cleared in july since new capping has now enforced and more and more slots are now available

Lets hope we all get our grants injuly.

Mechy

@Mechpriest Buddy did you get your visa grant yet ?

In my view, once your EOI is accepted then your score doesnot matter that much. However every trade has its capping limits and with the start of new capping year , more and more grants are now being issued and the backlog is being addressed.

Good luck for your early grant. When did u apply and in which trade?

In my view, once your EOI is accepted then your score doesnot matter that much. However every trade has its capping limits and with the start of new capping year , more and more grants are now being issued and the backlog is being addressed.

Good luck for your early grant. When did u apply and in which trade?

@hussainrizvi I lodged my application on Dec 2, 2015 and for SOL code 263111 - Computer Network and System Engineer. This SOL is still not in pro-rata basis like Software Engineer and Accountants.

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum, I would like to thank all of you but @CaptainC precisely for his excellent contribution and help.

I personally have been suffering from waiting sickness. Bellow are the details of my application for 189 Visa

17 Feb 2016 Invitation

24 Feb 2016 Applied

10 March 2016 request for more Document ==> provided on 8 April 2016

14 April 2016 Requested more employment evidences ===> submitted on 10 May 2016

23 May 2016 requested the first and last 10 pages of my passport (which I don't know why, by the way I am from Iraq) === submitted on 24 May 2016

Now I have some questions, I would be grateful if somebody can help me:

1- I heard that If there was something wrong regarding the claimed points, they would have made a decision earlier in three months is that correct?

2- I send them two email over last three weeks but I received no reply, is that means my application is under external check which is why they have no answer to reply?

3- How do I know if the first (internal check) has been verified?

4- How do I know if my application is under external security check?

Wishing you guys all the best, and looking forward to hearing from you

Oct 2015 invitation to apply! still nothing,they've requested a few more bits regarding tax returns and employers info but migration agent says the online check just says "Assessment in progress" getting sick of it!!!!!

Join the club :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Saacor,

Congrats, at least you got it after a long wait, for me after my 189 Refusal, We decided to pursue a Visa 190 to Victoria and NSW, since i lost some points due to age, I will be needing the points for a State Nomination. Hopefully this time around, the communication between DIBP and my company will be successful.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I lodged 189 Visa application on 10th July 2017. My immigration agent told me that Case Officer or his/her team is highly likely to contact me and/or my employer. I need to know if this has happened with everyone here or should I feel as an exception? 

Thanks for your help in advance.