189 Visa Grant Delay

mickeyteg

All documents are completed and front loaded , the only issue that i got was they were unable to contact my Manager via a phone requiring me to submit additional contact number, though i am not sure why they did not try using e-mail. This is really a very frustrating , having to wait for almost a year just so you can move on with your next plan. :err:

@CaptainC. Just wanted to ask what happens if the time for processing goes above 12 months. Coz the dept says that they will answer within 12 months. And it has been over 11 months now. Thanks

If I could please make a suggestion regarding the spreadsheet that has been created.

I would recommend removing the centre that is processing, both Brisbane and Adelaide work side by side and your application is processed in both centres, as if they are the same place.

Also please don't name any of the DIBP officers except for their initials, if you wish. As I pointed out in an earlier post, there is no such thing as an individual case officer that looks after your application. It may pass through 20 or 30 officers with no single person responsible for making the decision on your case.

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense to do it like that. If a case officer had a bad day then it may have reflected in their work. Similarly, officers on holiday, maternity or sick leave, would have left their workload until they returned. The new procedure ensures fluidity in the processing.

@CaptainC. Just wanted to ask what happens if the time for processing goes above 12 months. Coz the dept says that they will answer within 12 months. And it has been over 11 months now. Thanks

There have been many applicants on the forum whose visa processing has exceeded 12 months, so I guess that it just carries on until a decision is made

There have been many applicants on the forum whose visa processing has exceeded 12 months, so I guess that it just carries on until a decision is made

If medicals,pcc and ielts expire during the visa processing... Are they going to ask for new one?

Oh my goodness!!. I really do feel your pain. When I put my complaint in, I got visa through week later......dont know if this would work for you guys.

Got my fingers crossed for you all x x x

Hi adele244,

By complaint do you mean this link (http://www.border.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service)? In the outcome field, did you give "Finalize application"? Kindly help.

I plan to put in a complaint in this link next week if there is no movement in Immiaccount.

Hello Guys,

Juts an update, my application is currently in jeopardy to being rejected due to a failure to contact my company of employment by DIBP staff, they tried to contact my company using a number that was incorrectly posted on our company website and they were unable to reach my office. the second attempt was they tried to contact my manager, but they used a local contact office to perform this task, my manager failed to recognize the number as it was not coming from australia number and could have been mistaken to be a spam call. Now i need to submit a valid reason as to why this all happened and i need again to provide a new set of numbers, hopefully that they will be able to reach.

I am now very frustrated and concerned regarding the turn of event, i ask everyone to pray that DIBP be able to understand my situation and have it resolved as now i am covered under their fraudulent list because of this.

Have you notified in advance to your employer that DIBP may call them to check? It is utmost important that you keep all your and your employer contacts including emails, phone numbers and addresses up-to-date. Cheers.

Yes, I have, i am concerned why they don't try to confirm via e-mail, i know that there is a lot of spam numbers coming in thus this could be one of the reason why my manager failed to pick up their call.

hi binoyski,

sorry to hear your dilemma. but don't lose hope a lot of people have come out of an "adverse information received" notification from DIBP with a positive outcome. get new reference letters from your manager and HR and anybody of authority from your company to testify that they know you have been working for the company for X number of years. Maybe you could also ask your manager to include a reason why he doesn't answer unidentified calls, i.e. trying to avoid phishing or marketing calls etc. How many days did they give you to respond? Try to dig additional documents to link you to your company payslips, tax returns etc. I know of one guy who passed 47+ pages of docs to prove his employment..Good luck buddy don't lose faith :)