189 Visa Grant Delay

mickeyteg

Thanks Perthling.

Anyway, I've created a spreadsheet and made it public so all of you can add/edit your cases there.

I've also added another attribute of Processing centre on the sheet.

Please access it here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GeiNuuhlfEXQM6FthTBiHei_3RIyGe1bbTfoqNhxheI/edit#gid=0

If you can't add/edit in the sheet then let me know.

Cheers.

Hi binoyski,

Seeing as they've asked for your employer's contact information, it makes me wonder if they've contacted your employer?

Hi MoBari,

I gave the Info the same day they requested it, then they informed me that they will only start to look back into it after 28 days. After the Immig account status change from "Request Info" to " Assessment in Progress" , there has bee no word so far, my direct manager has been waiting for the call for so long now.

By The Way, If its some consolation to those waiting, I do believe that we will all get our grants, it's just a matter of time, because if there were any problems, you would have heard from them just from the beginning of the assessment.

Hi Binoyski10,

Yeah, you're right, at least I hope, that we'll get our grants it's only a matter of time. It's just the waiting and not knowing what's going on is a horrid experience, is all.

I have another question for you though, why would they ask for contact info, was it not on your work reference?

Hi Binoyski10,

Yeah, you're right, at least I hope, that we'll get our grants it's only a matter of time. It's just the waiting and not knowing what's going on is a horrid experience, is all.

I have another question for you though, why would they ask for contact info, was it not on your work reference?

It was, but unfortunately, i used a desk phone and not included handphone, they must have tried calling, but my manager was always on travel..

he must have missed the call, i was wondering why they did not just send an e-mail since this can also served as a form of confirmation.

aww sorry about that. it might not be any consolation at all, but i've read of people waiting since applying in May of last year. I've actually resigned my self to think that I might be one of those undergoing external checks so it will probably take a few more months for me :/ I also have plan B and C incase we don't get this PR grant for whatever reason. Helps me be less anxious. Life can't be put on hold for a visa, so I'm just gonna take it one day at a time.

Sorry my phone won't let me edit the spreadsheet.

Kelly williams

Childcare centre manager 134111

Applied 6th november, 23rd co contact for medical and police checks

All requested docs sent on the 2nd Dec. Still waiting. ....... we are from the UK.

Figure crossed we all hear something soon

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sorry my phone won't let me edit the spreadsheet.

Kelly williams

Childcare centre manager 134111

Applied 6th november, 23rd co contact for medical and police checks

All requested docs sent on the 2nd Dec. Still waiting. ....... we are from the UK.

Figure crossed we all hear something soon

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi Kelly,

You are in a far better position than most of us, we are about 3 months behind you!! So don't be too disheartened hun. We shall all get there eventually.......just really really really really really fed up of waiting. x x x

My application status in IMMIACCOUNT was " Application received" since april 2015 (The time i submitted application). Tried calling them, but my calls were disconnected somehow. I finally submitted a feedback form at their official website. They replied and said that they were sorry that they had not updated the status but my verification had been started in May2015 and are still going on. It was very frustrating as i didnt know who to contact. But i did receive their response. keeping my fingers crossed

My application status in IMMIACCOUNT was " Application received" since april 2015 (The time i submitted application). Tried calling them, but my calls were disconnected somehow. I finally submitted a feedback form at their official website. They replied and said that they were sorry that they had not updated the status but my verification had been started in May2015 and are still going on. It was very frustrating as i didnt know who to contact. But i did receive their response. keeping my fingers crossed

Here's a flow diagram of how the status works

02bacf850230071e7c5570a4a1903e2f.jpg

Hi Captain C,

Has there been a case wherein they requested some documents, than status was changed to assessment in progress then they will ask for additional more docs. Based on the letter that was sent during their initial request, it stated that they will proceed with the processing after 28 days irregardless if you complied with the request or not. I am just worried that the application might go back to document request which will result in additional 28 more waiting days.

Hi Captain C,

Has there been a case wherein they requested some documents, than status was changed to assessment in progress then they will ask for additional more docs. Based on the letter that was sent during their initial request, it stated that they will proceed with the processing after 28 days irregardless if you complied with the request or not. I am just worried that the application might go back to document request which will result in additional 28 more waiting days.

Yes. As per the flow diagram then it can go back and forth between 'Information Requested' and 'Assessment in progress' an infinite number of times until they have everything that they need.

The 28 days is a guide and it may be shorter or longer than this.

When we called, the lady said our case would be looked at in 2 weeks.....that is tonight (not that I am counting or anything!!)

So whats the bets we get our grants in the morning??? I say don't hold our breath.

Will let you know if we were fobbed off or if she was being truthful. Fingers, toes crossed palms together we shall see!

Good luck every one

Yeahhhhh! I was right :smile:.......woke up to NO grant.....Again. :mad:

Thanks @likescotty for your wishes.

I think the Immigration Dept need to learn about fairness and queuing systems, coz obviously us lot on here have all got our invisible jackets on!!!:rolleyes:

We shall all continue with this painful wait, I feel for you all guys!

Hi @adele244,

Sorry to hear that. I guess we all have to wait. I think we'd all appreciate a bit more transparency from DIBP, as to why it's been taking so long. And unfortunately, the longer they make us wait the shorter time we get to initiate the visa, once we get it.

Oh well, let's hope for the best.

Cheers,

Mo

Edited by MoBari

Is there a turn around time post employment verification within which the case goes forward. As per my agent, its usually 3 weeks post verification that DIBP responds.

I filed sub-class 189 visa through agent on 14th July. CO requested additional documents (Form 80 and bank statement) on 10th sept 15 and were submitted by agent on 6th Oct 15. The verification was carried out via mail to HR. This mail was shared with my manager for input since he had provided reference. I have worked with only one company for over 9 years and have claimed maximum points for employment.

I tried searching on the forum but was unable to find any details. Would appreciate input on the query. Thanks.