189 Visa Grant Delay

mickeyteg

Hi, we have opened an immi account and have our TRN number form our agent. Do we use the import application option to view it? and if we do will it move from our agents account to ours or do we just get to view it and nothing more. We are afraid of causing any problems with the process by interfering but we are not getting much feed back from our agent and we are almost 4 months on from submitting it. We were allocated a case officer September 9th.

Thanks

PM'd you

• 2 months later...
hey guys I had applied on April 2015, the immiaccount shows " Application received" , there has been no CO assigned or any other progress. this is quite frustrating. Does anyone on the forum has the same issue

Here is the status flow diagram. fb46680940cc67335a37b8435e234aec.jpg

As you can see, unless you need to provide any further information, then the status will remain at application received until it turns to finalised.

There is no status to tell you that your application has been allocated, but after that amount of time you can assume that it has.

I think that you are probably subject to external checks, this would account for the delay. External checks are when they approach an external agency to investigate or provide information about an applicant. The time taken for these checks depends on the other agency and how quickly they can provide the required information.

Edited by CaptainC

hey guys I had applied on April 2015, the immiaccount shows " Application received" , there has been no CO assigned or any other progress. this is quite frustrating. Does anyone on the forum has the same issue

Have you tried calling them? If not, please do so and ask for more details on the progress. I applied in April 2015 too but didn't get it grant until it was 6 months. Yous is now more than 6 months, I believe this might have gone for additional security check. Better to call them and check.

OH MY GOSH!! GOT MY GRANT TODAY!! I've been waiting for this day for 9 whole months!

Hope everyone waiting receive their grants very soon! I know my application was sent to ASIO for security checks so I guess it could take them up to 7-9 months to complete checks if you've traveled quite a bit.

Thank you a lot Captain for all the information you've provided. It really helps!

Gonna move to Melbourne in April! :D

Hi all,

I've been waiting myself since August 2015. My timeline is as per below

Skill Assessment: 12-05-2015 Occupation: Software Engineer 261313 Invitation: 06-07-2015 Visa lodged: 26-08-2015 Request for docs: 06-10-2015 Request completed: 11-10-2015

I've tried calling them several times, once I was told that my application is in the processing queue and on 30th of November the CO has started to look at it.

The last I called them was on 20th January 2016 and I was told that it's still in the internal processing queue and the CO would get it assigned to them randomly and they can't say when that would happen.

The lack of information from their end and the wait is doing me head in. And to add insult to injury, some bloke applied on the 8th of January and got the ruddy grant on 18th of January. THE HELL IS GOING ON! :)

Cheers all.

Hi all,

I've been waiting myself since August 2015. My timeline is as per below

Skill Assessment: 12-05-2015 Occupation: Software Engineer 261313 Invitation: 06-07-2015 Visa lodged: 26-08-2015 Request for docs: 06-10-2015 Request completed: 11-10-2015

I've tried calling them several times, once I was told that my application is in the processing queue and on 30th of November the CO has started to look at it.

The last I called them was on 20th January 2016 and I was told that it's still in the internal processing queue and the CO would get it assigned to them randomly and they can't say when that would happen.

The lack of information from their end and the wait is doing me head in. And to add insult to injury, some bloke applied on the 8th of January and got the ruddy grant on 18th of January. THE HELL IS GOING ON! :)

Cheers all.

I'm not sure if you're from a high risk country, but this is usually a big factor. Processing for high risk countries has slowed down significantly in the last year or so, and the department usually conduct extra checks which often takes a considerable amount of time.