What are your reasons for returning to the UK?

Guest earlswood

Guest Working to fish
Welshy

Bugger off

What do the English know about customer service??????

As for Londoners we all know they are the worst in the UK for being Rude!!!!! Stop causing trouble Mr!!!!! LOL

Geoffrey

Um i am from London geff ,are you causing trouble North/south divide lmao

eddie

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest moonraker1961

Get off my high horse?If I ever need a counceller please someone remind me not to visit Docboat! Could you please stop criticising our posts?We are NOT pro's such as yourself,just normal average people who may be able to identify with some people's posts!Maybe we can't offer advice on a pro level but does that mean we can't help the lady atleast feel abit better and help her know she may not be alone?Leave your pro work in the office docboat,or maybe join another more suitable forum where you can then analyze peoples posts to oblivion!

Get off your high horse. Empathy is no use if you perpetuate a problem and do nothing more. Empathy does not mean to ignore the root cause of a problem. Empathy is not an excuse for finding excuses and perpetuating issues which destroy a life. Inconsiderate? I think not, but my advice may have been unwelcome. Good advice often is unwelcome. But it is up to the people concerned to accept or reject advice. They, after all, carry the consequences.

So,, what is empathy ???lol,

Sorry only joking, come on guys lets play nice, this isnt the place for it,please bear peoples feelings in mind when your posting ,the last thing this girl wanted was a bickering session over her life,lets keep the rep PIO has ,and help her ,if we feel we cant ,dont post

Cal x

So,, what is empathy ???lol,

Sorry only joking, come on guys lets play nice, this isnt the place for it,please bear peoples feelings in mind when your posting ,the last thing this girl wanted was a bickering session over her life,lets keep the rep PIO has ,and help her ,if we feel we cant ,dont post

Cal x

I don't know what empathy is as I is fick but,

I actually got my present job because apparently quote "I am able to show empathy when a difficult caller has a problem"un quote.

LOL:biglaugh:

At the end of the day pippi can only do what she needs to do for herself. The problem with giving advise is that quite often we get it from so many sources that it's often contridictory - some will say stay and some will say go back.

Knowing the right thing to do isn't always the easiest thing to accomplish - think about women or men in domestic violence situations - everyone wonders "why doesn't he/she leave"? The victim will probably know that leaving is the best and right thing to do - but they have to muster the strength from somewhere to put it into action and do it for themselves, not because everyone tells them it's the right thing to do.

Good luck

Ali x

Guest guest12791
People are more important than places.Follow you heart and you will find happiness xx

:cute: Hi moonraker, what a lovely post every word is true

annemarie

Guest guest12791
Thank you for your reply. However, I have to say I wasn't exactly expecting this sort of reply - I thought replies might be in the context of practical advice and not some comment on my ability/inability to form relationships. With all due respect, you do not know the details of the 'failed relationships' and I am actually quite appalled that someone who doesn't know me should pass judgement on this without knowing the full story. To anyone else who might feel like making some sort of diagnosis on my state of relationships/mental health - this is not why I am on this forum; I was only trying to find people who may have had some similar experiences!

I think that you have no problems with relationships!!! you have freinds in the uk from school and uni!!!! they are obviously real friends that take time to establish, they have kept in touch so you must mean a lot to them.

As for failed relationships well, we all have them but it dosent mean we cant make friends!!

You follow your heart and be happy,

Annemarie

Get off my high horse?If I ever need a counceller please someone remind me not to visit Docboat! Could you please stop criticising our posts?We are NOT pro's such as yourself,just normal average people who may be able to identify with some people's posts!Maybe we can't offer advice on a pro level but does that mean we can't help the lady atleast feel abit better and help her know she may not be alone?Leave your pro work in the office docboat,or maybe join another more suitable forum where you can then analyze peoples posts to oblivion!

Yes, precisely. A serious question needs at least one serious answer amongst the non-professional shoulder crying. You underline the point beautifully. Now back to lurk mode.

When have I ever caused trouble Eddie???? You should know me well enough by now to know I never s**t stir LMAO

Geoffrey

Your Queen of the gullibles.

Just look back to my recent posts I had you in my back pocket.

In fact I just let you out yesterday!!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha LIVING THE DREAM!

He He WILL BE LIVING THE DREAM SOON!!!

Guest AndyandYvonneD

Hi to all

Why are we leaving the Uk?

Well, we live in an area which could be described as affluent in comparrison to a lot of other areas in the North West of the Uk. Put that aside and you see what really happens. You can't walk out to the pub at night without wondering if a gang of lads are going to smash your face about just for the fun of it. Drive into the centre of a couple of towns close to us at night and all you see is gangs of people smashed out of their heads on booze, fighting in the streets, urinating everywhere and generally upsetting everyone else that just wants to get on with their lives. We watch tv and see that another teenager has been stabbed or a bloke walking out of a pub gets mugged or killed by a gang of youths. Or even better is the fact that we have a pin head government that can't make a decission about anything and who ends up suffering for it, the hard working British people. Also, the town we live in used to be very safe 20 years ago, now its full of gangs of kids that'll batter you just for the fun of it, the pubs are full of drugs and drunks who don't know the meaning of a days work! There's loads of other reasons i could rant on about but it would be too political or more over politicaly incorrect!

So yes its pants in the UK, and from what I've read it can be pants in Oz as well, I truelly believe that life is what you make of it, not saying life is going to be easy in Oz, but I know it can't be any worse than the UK right now. As far as changing seasons are concerned, think in the last month we've had less than 15 sunny days where we live, even when it does get warm, it just overcasts and gets muggy. Give me hot sun any time, and yes I know its hot down under, would rather have that than the pants weather we have here.

Thank you for listening

Andy (the English plumber!!!!!!!!)

Hi to all

Well, we live in an area which could be described as affluent in comparrison to a lot of other areas in the North West of the Uk. Put that aside and you see what really happens. You can't walk out to the pub at night without wondering if a gang of lads are going to smash your face about just for the fun of it. Drive into the centre of a couple of towns close to us at night and all you see is gangs of people smashed out of their heads on booze, fighting in the streets, urinating everywhere and generally upsetting everyone else that just wants to get on with their lives. We watch tv and see that another teenager has been stabbed or a bloke walking out of a pub gets mugged or killed by a gang of youths. Or even better is the fact that we have a pin head government that can't make a decission about anything and who ends up suffering for it, the hard working British people. Also, the town we live in used to be very safe 20 years ago, now its full of gangs of kids that'll batter you just for the fun of it, the pubs are full of drugs and drunks who don't know the meaning of a days work! There's loads of other reasons i could rant on about but it would be too political or more over politicaly incorrect!

So yes its pants in the UK, and from what I've read it can be pants in Oz as well, I truelly believe that life is what you make of it, not saying life is going to be easy in Oz, but I know it can't be any worse than the UK right now. As far as changing seasons are concerned, think in the last month we've had less than 15 sunny days where we live, even when it does get warm, it just overcasts and gets muggy. Give me hot sun any time, and yes I know its hot down under, would rather have that than the pants weather we have here.

Thank you for listening

That applies in this country as well (life is what you make of it). If living were you live is as bad as that I really would not blame anyone for wanting to find a better life. If you have alot of money then you'll be able to afford a nice place in a nice area of OZ, Same applies to the UK. But there are some not very nice places in Aus as well, But as long as you have money that will not be a problem.

What you have also got to take into account is how well you get on with making a living. Having to learn what there is to learn about a new country, all that you would take for granted in the UK. There are things you will have to deal with that you would never have conciderd.

What sort of Plumbing do you do Andy?

John

Guest earlswood
Hi to all

Thank you for listening

Have you honestly ever been to Oz.....because what I have highlighted IN YOUR POST is where I live in Perth to a T......

By the way...Perth has more annual rainfall than London...it has pissed down so much this year in perth that even the ducks are pissed off.

Guest moonraker1961

I must be one of a lucky few as its pretty damn quiet where I live lol Yes politics in this country annoys me but sp does it in Oz.

Guest itskaren

I actually agree with moonraker. Well said.

Guest AndyandYvonneD
That applies in this country as well (life is what you make of it). If living were you live is as bad as that I really would not blame anyone for wanting to find a better life. If you have alot of money then you'll be able to afford a nice place in a nice area of OZ, Same applies to the UK. But there are some not very nice places in Aus as well, But as long as you have money that will not be a problem.

What you have also got to take into account is how well you get on with making a living. Having to learn what there is to learn about a new country, all that you would take for granted in the UK. There are things you will have to deal with that you would never have conciderd.

What sort of Plumbing do you do Andy?

John

Hi John

I agree with a lot you say, but I think we need to take into account British Culture and the way the UK is going at the moment, our younger generation seems to have lost its way in respect for its country, history and basic acknowledgement of other human beings. I used to teach at a local college for some time, and believe me the youth thats comming up through the ranks nowadays has no idea of what life is about. i don't want to sound like an old fart thats getting on his high horse about morality etc. But I can clearly see whats happening to the UK, and its totaly crap. People have said why don't you stay and do something about it? Sorry have been down that route and it won't work, this country needs a lot more than I can give it to turn things around (getting political now). I truely don't expect Oz to be any differant than here in a lot of ways, but one has to create one's destiny so I'd rather give it a go over there than put up with UK anymore.

Some months ago, a teenager was walking down a road in our town, he'd had an accident some time before and was walking on crutches. Accompanied by some friends minding his own business going home after a night out, they were set upon by a gang of teenagers. One of the attackers decided to take his crutches and pound his head with it. The result is the lad has brain damage and is going to have to go through several operations to save his life!! Thats just an example of what is happening all over the country!

Do I want my kids to suffer this? nope.

Couple this to the government thats in power at the moment (not going there with that one) and the crap weather that we get all the time and me thinks its time for offski.

What type of plumbing do i do? Everything really? Served an old fashioned apprenticeship whereby you had a crack at everything. Work in the commercial maintenance sector at the mo for a company that makes fighter jets (i'm sure you know the company....its very british!)

to answer other questions, no i haven't been to Oz, but my wife has. Has anyone out there been to Jamaica? Thats an eye opener!!!

Andy

Guest moonraker1961

Hi Andy,

I do totally understand what you are saying,I really do,but the youths are no better in Oz (lived there for 30yrs).I recently read on the radio headlines (listen to online Oz radio)that some young guy was waiting at a bus stop,car pulls up,out jump 5 youths,beat the guy to oblivion and leave him for dead!Its worldwide not just here.Sad I know.I grew up in Oz and that country has changed an awful lot in 30 years.when we moved there in 1970,life was good.People were good.As time has gone on things have slowly deteriorated,to the point we are pretty much on par with the UK.It saddens me alot as I do remember the good old days,pre drug pre alcohol bingeing,pre paedo's (well maybe they had the odd closet one)pre high crime.I wish we could go back in time to when life were simpler and people kinder.Aussies too are fed up to the eye teeth with whats going on in Australia.I enjoyed reading your posts though and I wish you lots of future happiness.x

Guest AndyandYvonneD
Hi Andy,

I do totally understand what you are saying,I really do,but the youths are no better in Oz (lived there for 30yrs).I recently read on the radio headlines (listen to online Oz radio)that some young guy was waiting at a bus stop,car pulls up,out jump 5 youths,beat the guy to oblivion and leave him for dead!Its worldwide not just here.Sad I know.I grew up in Oz and that country has changed an awful lot in 30 years.when we moved there in 1970,life was good.People were good.As time has gone on things have slowly deteriorated,to the point we are pretty much on par with the UK.It saddens me alot as I do remember the good old days,pre drug pre alcohol bingeing,pre paedo's (well maybe they had the odd closet one)pre high crime.I wish we could go back in time to when life were simpler and people kinder.Aussies too are fed up to the eye teeth with whats going on in Australia.I enjoyed reading your posts though and I wish you lots of future happiness.x

Its a sad state of affairs therefore that the world has decended to this level, all I know about Oz is what my OH tells me, and hopefully some areas will be safer than other's, Our main insentive for going is our kids to have a better life, I'm sure they could have a good one hear as well, but its the chance you takes in life!! Thanks for your good wishes and the best of luck to you and your family.

Andy

Guest moonraker1961

Andy you mentioned Jamaica.I've never been but am interested to know your views?Can you please share your thoughts?xx

Guest AndyandYvonneD
Andy you mentioned Jamaica.I've never been but am interested to know your views?Can you please share your thoughts?xx

Hi

Jamaica? The picture of the 2 hands with wedding rings is taken on the beach at Negril which is on the West coast of Jamaica, we got married there last April. Whats to say about it, well considering the Island has one of the highest murder rates in the Carabean is amazing. The people are so laid back that they are horizontal, the only thing we saw close to crime was a very stoned individual trying to sell us grass on the beach. If you like Reggae great, if don't, tuff, thats all you hear on the island. We went to Bob Marleys house (or Bab as the Rasta's call him) and that was a real eye opener. 5-6 rasta's selling grass in large bushells. Aparently canabis/hash/grass is illeagal on the island, but they don't care. With us was a Spanish bus party who were being shown round the house, one of them was looking rather pale and smoking the biggest spliff you've ever seen. To get to Bobs burial site you have to climb up a 500 yard steep slope, by the time the Spaniard got half way he collapsed on the ground with a hard slap. The rasta guide showing us round laughed and said 'White man can't smoke spliff at this altitude', then started laughing a lot. Bobs memorial is set high in the mountains by the way, so the Spanish bloke had done a whitey and had to be carted off. What struck me is that the Jamaican's aren't phased by anything really (mind you the guide had eye balls like saucers, wonder why?) they take life as it comes. What will be will be attitude. The locals say that they don't have problems, just situations, their answer is to close their eyes and the problem will go away!!! Brilliant, remind me to do that when I'm paying my council tax!!!!!!!!

We saw a lot of the island and there's a lot of poverty, but they just don't seen to care about that, they seem so happy in themselves despite their situaton, maybe we all should take a leaf out of life book!! Its a shame the Island has any poverty at all considering the British have had such a big hand in things over there. Can reccomend the Appleton Rum factory, thats interesting especially the free tasting session at the end(hic). Dunns River falls is very commercialised, better to go to YS falls instead, it prettier and less commercialised.

Well thats it, Jamaica's not for everyone, but then again neither is Australia, if you like hot sun, and I mean hot, relaxed way of life, try it. Na Problem

I hope i've answered your question.

Regards

Andy (English Plumber)

Guest AndyandYvonneD
Topic: What are your reasons for returning to the UK?

Sorry ALDO for straying from the path of the thread, I will do my best to concentrate in the future:notworthy:

Guest bluzee
I have many reasons for moving back to the Uk but first and foremost family.

Coming from a hugh close knit family I cant get over the fact my daughter won't be part of it.I really think family is the most precious gift you could give a child. Before I came I convinced myself that Skype and MSN would allow that bond to take place,living the reality is very different and I don't want my daughter growing up not really knowing/loving her family.

There are things about Brisbane that I am disappointed with... I find it really strange that I live in a housing estate but NEVER see kids out playing.I have a park 2 mins from where I live and I have never seen another mum there...I find this Bizarr...granted at the weekends the beaches /parks are packed but during the week is a non event and for a stay at home mum it can send you a little :arghh:

It scares me how much money you need for doctors/dentists....my little one has had many bouts of sickness since she arrived and we are lucky to be in the position to pay for any prescription we are given I often wonder how people cope when they have no savings.

Intrest rates and bank charges are hugh over here...our mortgage is 9% at the moment...you pay for a bank account ....to use your debit card...to take money out of non bank Atms ...annual fee on credit cards...really is stepping back in time...I feel that we pay way too much for nothing.

The "laid back " attitude doesn't always work in our favour...we are building a house and are a year behind schedule... nobody cares about this..there attitude is "whatever"...and I have found that this attitude in customer service is brisbane wide.

My husband hates his job...he works longer hours for less money and it wasn;t the job he was told it was going be.

I could go on about the supermarkets ,shopping ,crap TV etc but Im sure everyone has heard them before.

But the main reason Im moving back is because I love Scotland...and being here has just confirmed this. The same problems are here as in the Uk, just some people prefere one country to another.

Never once have I thought as a Uk citizen I was privileged for having free healthcare,Income subsidised by WFT credits,free prescriptions for children ,free dental care for children,Maternity payments and free dental care while pregnant /child is 1 year... now I see all this in a different light and I really feel privileged to be living in the uk

I also cant wait to have seasons ... christmas time when its cold, appreciating the few hot days in summer ...instead of ground hog day brisbane when its sunny and warm or raining and warm :SLEEP:

We have travelled all around Brisbane and seen some of NSW but Its time for us to go home....leaving in Oct even if the house isn,t finished /sold....looking forward to giving my little girl the christmas she deserves.

I totally agree. If you miss your family it is hard to settle in a new country. We have just been back to the Uk for a holiday. We missed our families, friends & a few things about back home. But I have to say we have now done that & couldn't wait to get back home to Perth.

Xmas, is wonderful in the Uk, it takes a bit of getting used to here in OZ. But once you get used to it , xmas can be just as good. The cost of living here is rather high but having just been back its pretty much on par with the UK, we did quite alot of shopping, research into utility costs, house cost, car, ins etc.

Before our travels to the UK we spend 6 months living in Brisbane, Hated it, the people were unfriendly, they don't care about anyone & the parks there were always empty during the week. Being in the building industry for many years, the way they build the homes in Bris. didn't appeal to us, so this along with a few other factors prompted our return to Perth.

We live back in Perth again which we love & wouldn't leave here again to live anywhere else.

But then again I have lived in Aus over 9 yrs & my Hubby has lived here over 30 yrs so I guess you could say we are old hat at living in Oz now.

But if your truely not happy then you go with your gutt feeling. But be careful we have met many that say all that you have said, they go back home with no point of return to Aus & wish they hadn't gone back.

We wish you the best & hope you find happiness.

Sorry ALDO for straying from the path of the thread, I will do my best to concentrate in the future:notworthy:

you and moonraker stay behind after class :cute:

Archived