What are your reasons for returning to the UK?

Guest earlswood

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to PIO Kenrow - I noticed it was your first post ... perhaps you'd like to introduce yourself in the Welcome section of the forum

Ali

The multi personas are so easy to spot

Welshy

Bugger off

What do the English know about customer service??????

As for Londoners we all know they are the worst in the UK for being Rude!!!!! Stop causing trouble Mr!!!!! LOL

Geoffrey

Geoff I worked in london and was never rude :) but if i was to go back to the uk i think i reget it and knowing my other half will never leave Australia im glad to be withher as long as i can visit the uk i be ok as i do miss friends and family and it not helped missing my mum wedding in July. Xmas for me the last 2 years has not been with family so now to have my only family here i not trade that for the world even through i whringe and be cranky about every thing:shocked:(Angel me) I think i just need to get my self back into a job I like doing even through i got the backing on the move to Sydney next year i still think about home:no:

Blimey. I challenge anyone to read through this entire thread from start to finish, as I just have done (spurred by a kind of morbid fascination), and not feel depressed at the end of it! Now, back to my daydreams...

Guest stimmo

We lived in Sydney for a couple of years for work, although we are (polite) londoners we are returning in jan permanatly, just so i can rib my mates over the olympics.

I have the tribunes headlines slateing the poms team framed ready for the pub wall.

ps, to lazy to read through the lot. apologies

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Where u live a pound is a pound, a euro a euro, a dollar a dollar, i think people think they are going over their to make huge amount of monies, but this is not the case, basically u r going over for a better quality of life, espcially if you have kids, and i know not all area,s but a lot of area,s you will get more house for ur money than in the uk, but dont think you are going to go over and become rich, it dont happen.

you do really need to do your research on the area u r going to, especially if you are looking for a specific job or trade that u r in, also schooling some area u will pay for schooling which if like me u have 3 kids, aint gonna be cheap, also what sort of climate u want to live in, as it really varies, and can make all the difference to ur life out their.

lizzy

They say home is where the heart is !! if your heart is in the UK then you'll always want to go back. The cure is sometimes all you need, when I say this I mean a holiday in the UK. Then come back to Aus. if you still feel the same then return to the Uk. So many get homesick & go back, then regret being back & want to live in Aus again, only they can't as they didn't fullfil the visa criteria. The money you spend on your holiday may seem alot but its nothing at all really if you can find out where your heart really is. A little thought & waying up the pros & cons is aalways helpful. good luck guys whatever you deside.

what a great thread, as a pom still in the deciding phase of even going there it helps to know what people miss and what people consider a deal breaker. just wanted to thank you all for being honest, it may well help us make a more informed decision - i hope you all find happiness wherever you go :)

Guest zambezi15

Lets see the lighter side of this.

Maybe Immigration selection should be through Gene Pool, to ascertain if you have the Immigrant Gene. Checking if any ancestors travelled or worked in any of the Old British empire Colonies. On 2nd thought maybe not, that gene pool is already in Oz, USA, Africa as many preferred not to go back home.

:biglaugh:

England is just as expensive, ignore what the goverment says, most food prices have gone up 45%, gas prices are over the top,external house designs are still as unimaginitive, and wow its rained all year, with dull grey skies. :chatterbox: Hospitals are riddled with e-coli and MRSA If this is the place for you, and you are just not up to making the effort to adjust to Oz, then do something about it and get on the plane and come home.

what a great thread, as a pom still in the deciding phase of even going there it helps to know what people miss and what people consider a deal breaker. just wanted to thank you all for being honest, it may well help us make a more informed decision - i hope you all find happiness wherever you go :)

You don't know if you'll like a place until you try it out. Research as many web sites as you can find. I've lived in Perth 9 yrs & love it, I lived in Brissy 6 months & hated it, I went to England for a 4 week holiday & couldn't wait to get back home to Perth. I've never looked back in 9 yrs, I have had 1 trip back & that was to see my brother get married June just gone. Sure I miss my friends & family, but they all come for hols & I have made new friends. The internet & telephone keep us intouch. But you'll find as you live appart you grow & become yourself, your not living for your family, brothers, sisters,parents, your living for yourself & your Wife/children.

Guest earlswood
Zambezi15:What a crock of ****!Our food prices havent gone up 45%?I'd be starving to death if they had.

And wait till you experience the hospitals over here....you will then realise that the national health is very very good.

Guest moonraker1961

I work for the NHS,and love my job!AND where I work is as clean as a whistle.I recieve great benefits,pension and work in a great enviroment!

Guest YellowGecko

Having spent many occasions in NHS A&E depts and on wards and also in Oz, I have so far found the hospitals here to be cleaner. Ok, I mean the Gold Coast Hospital, really, as that's the only one I have stayed in, here.

I liked the fact the bed didn't have someone else's blood all over it and the fact the cleaner mopped the entire floor in the ward.. not just parts of. I also liked the fact a dirty, used syringe (used on someone else) wasn't left on my bedside table for a whole day, with all the nurses ignoring it.

I was dumbfounded. At the end of the day, I pointed it out to a nurse who did remove it, finally.

One thing that scared me, though, was a young Asian doctor (not long been qualified), who tried taking a blood sample from my arm. SHE WAS SHAKING WITH NERVES!!!!! She completely cocked it up and tried several attempts, leaving both arms black and blue. When I asked her "Have you been qualified very long?" she shook even more.

The GC hospital also does all its own catering at the hospital and they do serve up some really nice nosh!

Guest earlswood
Having spent many occasions in NHS A&E depts and on wards and also in Oz, I have so far found the hospitals here to be cleaner. Ok, I mean the Gold Coast Hospital, really, as that's the only one I have stayed in, here.

I liked the fact the bed didn't have someone else's blood all over it and the fact the cleaner mopped the entire floor in the ward.. not just parts of. I also liked the fact a dirty, used syringe (used on someone else) wasn't left on my bedside table for a whole day, with all the nurses ignoring it.

I was dumbfounded. At the end of the day, I pointed it out to a nurse who did remove it, finally.

One thing that scared me, though, was a young Asian doctor (not long been qualified), who tried taking a blood sample from my arm. SHE WAS SHAKING WITH NERVES!!!!! She completely cocked it up and tried several attempts, leaving both arms black and blue. When I asked her "Have you been qualified very long?" she shook even more.

The GC hospital also does all its own catering at the hospital and they do serve up some really nice nosh!

Worked for a month at the alex hospital in Redditch on an electrical contract.....the floors you could eat off...fresh flowers every day on the wards put there by the management...fantastic hospital....been to A&E in Perth 3 times with a total wait of 16 hours...filthy dirty hospital.

Worked for a month at the alex hospital in Redditch on an electrical contract.....the floors you could eat off...fresh flowers every day on the wards put there by the management...fantastic hospital....been to A&E in Perth 3 times with a total wait of 16 hours...filthy dirty hospital.

Was one of those times for your spider bite? :biglaugh:

Guest zambezi15

Well guess depends out of which crock one eats:biglaugh:

Transport costs rise by record 7% as food prices soar at fastest ...

15 Apr 2008 ... The price they pay for UK-produced food rose by 33 per cent, ... wheat and rice prices have doubled pushing total world food prices up 45 ...

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-559724/Transport-costs-rise-record-7-food-prices-soar-fastest-rate-17-years.html - Similar pages

Zambezi15:What a crock of ****!Our food prices havent gone up 45%?I'd be starving to death if they had.

I lived in melbourne for ten years and came back to the u.k. with my 4 kids and hubby, mainly because I missed my family. The trueth is I would go back to oz today if it was possible, but I have come to realize that if you allow it, there will always be a reason to stop you returning to oz.

comes down to prioritise.

life is what you make of it, sometimes you have to be a little bit selfish to get what you want, so be sure what you want and go get it.

its not a rehersal.

carol

Archived