Welsh in Melbourne??

Guest WelshInMelbourne

Guest rooneycymru

Hi Welsh Ben

Im from Swansea... (Season Ticket Holder)... well i was :(

I arrived in Melbourne 5 weeks ago as my wife who's from these parts wanted to come back..... Looking to meet up with fellow peeps from Swansea... been getting lonely as the wife is in work all day and i cant find nowt.... Starting to crack already!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lewis clan

Hi There, we are from Carmarthen area. Fwew of us local to Swansea welsh are off to the rugby on 16th - are you? Where are you based now?

Hi Rooney – nice to see a fellow Jack over there J I’ve just renewed my season ticket even though I’m hoping to be heading over to Oz around Xmas time, I’m sure I’ll have no issues selling it on.

Lewis Clan – I’ve also got family from Carmarthen so spend quite a bit of time down that part of the world also.

Possibly heading over around September / October for a reccie first to check the place out before the big move at the end of the year. It would be great to meet up with any of the Swansea / Welsh contingent for a few beers when I’m over.

Good luck with the job search!

Guest The Pom Queen

The FB links have been deleted as per forum rules and also the following sticky: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-chat-dilemmas/140595-facebook-other-forum-links.html

Please remember that it is considered bad internet etiquette to promote other forums whilst being on poms in oz. This is especially the case with FaceBook Links.

FaceBook posts and links are not allowed on the forum for various reasons. Not only is it bad internet etiquette, but members who decide to take others from PIO to post on FB are being very selfish and are not contributing to the forums that have helped them to find friends and answer questions in the first place, a lot of these FB groups would have no members in the first place if it wasn't for pomsinoz.

As with all internet forums PIO survival depends on members using and posting on the forums provided, if enough members stop posting on here and post on FB, then you could loose PIO and or its associated sites. Please if you are a new member and are approached by someone to leave PIO and join a FB group let admin or one of the mods know.

Promoting FB links on PIO can result in warnings, infractions and possible suspension of accounts.

PIO provide a PM system, a visitor message system and a secure email facility. You can even make your own group where you can leave messages for each other and discuss various aspects about Australia. Please help to keep PIO active by using it and not abusing it. Thanks....

Guest rooneycymru

Hi... Yip I'm going to the rugby... Maybe PiO and FB should kiss and make up... The Welsh the better :chatterbox:

Guest Chequer

There's a Welsh Chapel in Melbourne that holds welsh language services once a month. Haven't made it to one yet so don't know what the make up of the crowd is like. They may have some information on social events.

http://www.melbournewelshchurch.org/

There's also night classes in welsh nearby who might be able to tell you if there's anything social going on.....just a thought.

http://www.welshaustralian.com/

Hi everyone,

We are from Swansea and will be Melbourne bound 3 weeks today!! Our suitcases already contain welsh branded dog leads, 4 welsh rugby shirts, love spoon magnet for the fridge, a welsh doll etc etc etc. We would love to get an accent fix and meet up with some other welsh families when we get there xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Toozey

Were from Bridgend, been here just over a year! Were just more discreet than the other Nation's ha ha

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

We are from Swansea and will be Melbourne bound 3 weeks today!! Our suitcases already contain welsh branded dog leads, 4 welsh rugby shirts, love spoon magnet for the fridge, a welsh doll etc etc etc. We would love to get an accent fix and meet up with some other welsh families when we get there xx

hi we are from swansea and have been in melbourne 1 week and would luv to meet up with other welsh families in the area ........... are you here yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thought I'd reignite this post as I'm coming over to OZ on a WHV in November and it would be good to make contact with fellow Welshmen and women. I was brought up in Carmarthen but moved to Cardiff when I was 18.. What part of 'town' are you from Lewis clan?

Moving just north of Sydney, staying with my mate until I settle and find work, nervous as hell but excited all the same!

Guest robholliday85

Ive got a welshman living with me steffan is his name from ponti- something or other (old south wales) . speaks the lingo as well drives me nuts.

probably would have gone home tho if it wasnt for him, cheers me up no end

were in caroline springs, melbourne near scumshine

hi we are from swansea and have been in melbourne 1 week and would luv to meet up with other welsh families in the area ........... are you here yet?[/QUOTe

Hi,

My OH, Mike, is welsh from Cardiff originally. We arrive in Melbourne on 7th of August. I know one of his big worries is who will he be able to talk sport with so we would love to meet up once we've settled in.

Vick

hi we are from swansea and have been in melbourne 1 week and would luv to meet up with other welsh families in the area ........... are you here yet?[/QUOTe

Hi,

My OH, Mike, is welsh from Cardiff originally. We arrive in Melbourne on 7th of August. I know one of his big worries is who will he be able to talk sport with so we would love to meet up once we've settled in.

Vick

Hi Vick

good to hear from you - and good luck with the big move in august!! we have been here 3 weeks and are luving it so far, however my hubby is also missing chatting about football & sport since we have been here!! we would love to meet up also when you have settled!!

what part are you looking at settling in? if you need any help or advise get in touch xx

• 3 months later...

Hi I am Welsh, siarad Cymraeg bob gair!! not a plastic Welshman! Lived on Mornington Penninsula 4 Years now, and I agree not many Welsh here. Always open for suggestions, and missing the humour. Like a drink(pints not pots). Let me know whats going on!!

hi were also welsh not in melbourne yet but hope to be just as soon as we get visas:arghh: we have friends in melbourne hope to get there someday would love to meet up with new friends also

• 2 weeks later...

Myself and my family (ALL WELSH) will be moving over in January (or certainly i will, with rest coming in march) we are from Cwmbran and looking to settle in and around the Highton, Belmont or Popint Cook area. Feel free to let me know if this is close and it would be good to meet up with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just moved to Melbourne with my family, from WALES, just outside Cardiff. I was born in North Wales, moved to England when I was younger and went to an english school, then moved back to Wales and started a family.

We arrived 2 weeks ago and looking to meet some people as so far I have my husband and two children to talk too :)

Danielle

Archived