Welsh in Melbourne??

Guest WelshInMelbourne

Hi all my welsh mates iv now been in south east subs of melb 10 months and still havent met any welsh peps where r u all im in lyndhurst anyone near missing talking to someone with same humor xx :biglaugh: mel xx

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jocuz

Hi

I know just your feeling we have been in Melbourne since Sept 2007, we haven't met any welsh people either we're from Caerphilly. Aussie humour just isn't the same we live in lakeside Pakenham approx 25mins away from you. Give me a call 0424 71 60 71

Jo

Hi

I know just your feeling we have been in Melbourne since Sept 2007, we haven't met any welsh people either we're from Caerphilly. Aussie humour just isn't the same we live in lakeside Pakenham approx 25mins away from you. Give me a call 0424 71 60 71

Jo

HI Jocuz thanks for the reply i have just bought land in pakenham so ill be moving over your way soon ill give you a ring x

Guest taffyinoz
Hi all my welsh mates iv now been in south east subs of melb 10 months and still havent met any welsh peps where r u all im in lyndhurst anyone near missing talking to someone with same humor xx :biglaugh: mel xx

hi mel i live in cranbourne, i miss the welsh sense of humor too how are you enjoying over here

Guest Barrian

There'll hopefully be 4 more (from Barry) heading to either Perth or Melbourne sometime over the next few months (wherever I can get a job), so nice to see a few Taffs sticking their heads over the parapets.

Looking forward to being able to support THREE teams playing England at rugby (Wales+Australia+the rest of the world) :-)

RE: Patterson Lakes, there are a few Brits there, I used to go the fish n chip shop there, don't know what it's like now, but I used to travel just for them. There are a few Brits there I believe (they like the waterfront houses) ask the guy in the chippy, he'd know for sure !!

hi mel i live in cranbourne, i miss the welsh sense of humor too how are you enjoying over here

Hi taffyinoz how long you been here. we will have to met up for a coffee as your just around the corner from me :yes:.

Guest CerysofAber

Hi all,

I've just arrived in Oz and have a job for 4 months in Melbourne. Would love to meet up with some fellow welshies! I live near the Southbank and work on Collins Street.

Ta,

Cerys

Guest taffyinoz
Hi taffyinoz how long you been here. we will have to met up for a coffee as your just around the corner from me :yes:.

hey mel, been here over 5 years now still miss home tho. yeah i;m up for meeting up for a coffee just message me & we'll sort something out

i cant beleive i have missed this thread!!!!

Both me and my wife are from s.wales.

I am from Newport...the land of the Goldie Lookin Chain lol

and my Wife Ceri is from Abercynon.

We have been in Melbourne for 2 years living in Thornbury.

Both MASSIVE rugby fans, we hold 6 nation nights every year....its the time the home nations get together and drink ourselfs silly!!!

Drop us a line and say hello :hug:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Boyo83
Hi all,

I've just arrived in Oz and have a job for 4 months in Melbourne. Would love to meet up with some fellow welshies! I live near the Southbank and work on Collins Street.

Ta,

Cerys

hey,

Iam also from Caerphilly. Been here since Jan, an luving it. A few of us from Wales have moved over, all enjoying the weather!.

How you getting on?. find people cant understand you, or is tha jus me!. ha ha.

hey,

Iam also from Caerphilly. Been here since Jan, an luving it. A few of us from Wales have moved over, all enjoying the weather!.

How you getting on?. find people cant understand you, or is tha jus me!. ha ha.

people can just understand me but i am from newport but no one can understand ceri as she is from abercynon lol

Guest morgstooz

great,seems like theres enough of us in oz to start a club lol, we arrive mid october and would be great to meet up for advice/support/picnic/drink/barbie etc, morgs,

Guest The Pom Queen

LOL, I remember when you first came over Mel, I really struggled understanding you and just kept nodding my head, pmsl:biglaugh:

Guest CerysofAber

Just a thought like, but would it be worth arranging a get together with all the welshies in Melbourne. Maybe on a sunday afternoon or something?

Errmmmm...No prizes for guessing that I am Welsh (Although I lived half my life in Devon and Cornwall.)

Just back from visiting the old place(s) actually. had a very beery week of nights out with all my old mates in Llanelli (dozens of the buggers!)

Can't beat a pint of Feelin' Fowl can you?

Currently in Canberra.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Lewis clan

Hi, Did anything get organised for Welsh get togethers in Melbourne area? We have moved over from West Wales since Oct 09 and husband would love to talk Welsh Rugby and all Welsh Sport actually, and kids would love to hear others with Welsh Accents.!!! Let me know and count us in!! Lyn

You can guess where I am from.

We will be arriving in August, so the Welsh numbers will rise by a few more. The only thing I am going to miss is the Wales vs NZ. If anyone knows where to watch the game, maybe we can plan a meet up around it.

give me a clue !!!!

i am currently in sunny swansea while my hubby is in frankston as he got a job and had to go xx while i am busy packing up the mess

where are x

i am currently in sunny swansea while my hubby is in frankston as he got a job and had to go xx while i am busy packing up the mess

THE WEATHER IS SO COLD HERE NOT MISSING ANYTHING THEY EVEN SHUT THE SEVERN BRIDGE THE OTHER WEEK AS THERE WERE ICICLES FALLING OFF THE RAILINGS ON TO THE ROAD XX

carole x

Archived