Countdown to Abbottmageddon

Harpodom

Some of us have been waiting patiently, biding our time, til the end of Abbott's tenure as (allegedly) prime minister of Australia. I've even spent that time wisely, gaining citizenship in order to fulfill my civic duty and duty to my family and vote out the most toxic, incompetent, absolute WORST government in Australian political history.

The polls have NEVER had his govt in front ever since the budget last year (which, considering Bill Shorten is opposition leader, you've got to admit is pi$$ poor).

Considering Shorten (who is AS unpopular as Abbott) has fronted the Union bashing Royal Commission, considering Abbott has played the dog whistling homeland security card for all its worth, the LNP still lags behind 46 to 54%

So, what will you be doing to celebrate the end of the worst government in history?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do agree Abbott and Liberal are poor.

But I can't see Labour under Shorten being seen to be better.

Put another leader in and Labour should win,

Unfortunately, with Shorten there, I feel the population will vote for the devil they know.

Much as I'd be happy to see the back of this lot, I wouldn't be able to celebrate Shonky Shorten becoming P/M.

I agree re Shorten, he stands for nothing and inspires no one, not even himself. He is essentially a walking wet fart*.

Albanese would be far more popular with the voters and IMO he would romp it home. The polls still suggest a comfortable ALP victory even with Shorten.

*which makes Abbott a rectal prolapse inducing dose of dysentery.

You're kidding. Albanese has no charisma whatsoever.

He could never be leader. Noone would vote for him.

To be fair there aren't a lot of leaders standing out on the Labor side of politics.

Chris Bowen would be my pick. The best of a bad bunch.

You're kidding. Albanese has no charisma whatsoever.

He could never be leader. Noone would vote for him.

To be fair there aren't a lot of leaders standing out on the Labor side of politics.

Chris Bowen would be my pick. The best of a bad bunch.

You could always come back and live under your beloved David...

I agree re Shorten, he stands for nothing and inspires no one, not even himself. He is essentially a walking wet fart*.

Albanese would be far more popular with the voters and IMO he would romp it home. The polls still suggest a comfortable ALP victory even with Shorten.

*which makes Abbott a rectal prolapse inducing dose of dysentery.

Albanese always strikes me as being a decent, straight talker unlike Shorten - ghastly little man. Abbot is a joke.

Abbott will win. He's beaten Gillard and Rudd twice. I don't see him losing to Shorten.

And Labor won't change leaders.

Well if he does lose I'll be here to say "HAHA!" and that the people of Australia have spoken and all the other rubbish you said to us :laugh:

We have been here fast approaching a year and I find the politics here a huge turn off due to being very amateur. Firstly most mp's are sheep, so heavily whipped they simply won't express their own opinions. Abbott, maybe best of a bad bunch however poor communications, reactive not proactive and gives the impression of being near powerless. Shorten, wow what a joke, presents extremely poorly and clueless, a little like a sulky kid and clearly is ruled by the unions.

I believe Australia is weaker without a globally respected leader, somebody with vision and determinatiopkus somebody who can present their arguement convincingly. Abbott is not this, a minno on the world stage unlike some enthusiastic leaders of some of the worlds smaller nations.

Do not believe Labor are written off, just look at our QLD election......that did not go well and now QLD look like a joke with worse to come.

S

We have been here fast approaching a year and I find the politics here a huge turn off due to being very amateur. Firstly most mp's are sheep, so heavily whipped they simply won't express their own opinions. Abbott, maybe best of a bad bunch however poor communications, reactive not proactive and gives the impression of being near powerless. Shorten, wow what a joke, presents extremely poorly and clueless, a little like a sulky kid and clearly is ruled by the unions.

I believe Australia is weaker without a globally respected leader, somebody with vision and determination and somebody who can present their arguement convincingly. Abbott is not this, a minno on the world stage unlike some enthusiastic leaders of some of the worlds smaller nations.

Do not believe Labor are written off, just look at our QLD election......that did not go well and now QLD look like a joke with worse to come.

S

With that prospect to come I'm happy to stay PR and give that 'choose between the devil and the deep blue sea' to hubby who isn't inspired by both parties as well and only the greens remaining as a third 'power' (wannabe I should say) Australia is missing a political culture as well a culture of political variety and diversity.

Not being able to vote when actually you only have Abbott (pest) and Shorten (cholera) is becoming an alternative for me as I strongly believe with both of them Australia will be worse off. When Shorten speaks I always sleep in and when Abbot talks I leastwise been able to laugh sarcastically.

I don't think Labor would change leaders before the next election.

They were so damaged by the Rudd/Gillard challenges they won't want to go through that again.

Shorten will take on Abbott at the next election that is certain.

I don't think Labor would change leaders before the next election.

They were so damaged by the Rudd/Gillard challenges they won't want to go through that again.

If they've got their caucus heads screwed on, then they'd go through it all again, rather than run a race with a lame horse.

Archived