189 Visa Lodged July 2015

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just want to share. an applicant who lodged on 6 July got direct grant last 21 August... so i guess, they're starting July applications now... good luck!

When was he/she invited? From my observation no one has got a grant so far within 60 days of invitation so I assume that this guy was invited in June or earlier. Or was he/she invited on 6th July's invitation round itself?

Edited by CaptainC
Removed external website

Hi people our agent logde 189 visa on 16th july anyone know if there is away of checking your visa status as we can't check as agent lodge for us. Just want to feel like I am doing something we been doing the visa for nearly two years and getting Nervous now thanks

Hi people our agent logde 189 visa on 16th july anyone know if there is away of checking your visa status as we can't check as agent lodge for us. Just want to feel like I am doing something we been doing the visa for nearly two years and getting Nervous now thanks

I'm also with an Agent (GoMatilda) & they have given me the Logon Details so I can check myself via https://online.immi.gov.au - Just ask them :)

Hey guys,

just thought I'd share the great news that I received my grant this morning! I lodged on 6th of july and got a direct grant today! I didn't upload form 80. And I didn't claim points for experience! I am over the moon! Good luck to all waiting for grants :-)

Can anyone here tell me, when I can expect a verdict on my application?

I've submitted (well, my agent has), my 190 application on the 16th June. I have been requested my medicals / form 80 and police clearance a while later, which in turn then was submitted to them on the 6th August.

From when should I start to count the "3 month" wait? Should it be from June, or August?

Hey guys,

just thought I'd share the great news that I received my grant this morning! I lodged on 6th of july and got a direct grant today! I didn't upload form 80. And I didn't claim points for experience! I am over the moon! Good luck to all waiting for grants :-)

What occupation have you gone under? Would you mind telling me which country ur in as all the grants from the 6th have all been china and the philippines , I wondered if they were done in country order [emoji16]

Can anyone here tell me, when I can expect a verdict on my application?

I've submitted (well, my agent has), my 190 application on the 16th June. I have been requested my medicals / form 80 and police clearance a while later, which in turn then was submitted to them on the 6th August.

From when should I start to count the "3 month" wait? Should it be from June, or August?

The clock starts from the date that the application starts being processed. So the answer for you is August...but it shouldn't take that long

The clock starts from the date that the application starts being processed. So the answer for you is August...but it shouldn't take that long

Drats, thanks for confirming @CaptainC

How do you mean it shouldn't take that long (3 months) - have you seen them go quicker than that of late. I odn;t think my application is particularly complicated (though I did go via the RPL route for my skills assessment, and I'm a South African living in the UK for more than 10 years... not sure if that makes it any more complicated)

Drats, thanks for confirming @CaptainC

How do you mean it shouldn't take that long (3 months) - have you seen them go quicker than that of late. I odn;t think my application is particularly complicated (though I did go via the RPL route for my skills assessment, and I'm a South African living in the UK for more than 10 years... not sure if that makes it any more complicated)

I wouldn't have thought that it would make much difference at all, so I wouldn't worry about it as long as you application is complete and correct.

The processing standards are more related to the performance of the department rather than useful information for an applicant. If an application is processed within the times they publish then the processing team gets a gold star, if it's longer, then they get flogged!

Many....actually most....applications get processed and finalised a lot quicker than the processing standards. Mine for example took 3 months to the day from lodgement. I was contacted for more information after about 2 months and received the grant a month after that.