189 Visa Lodged July 2015

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi we lodged 26th of june got CO on the 18th of august asked for form 80 and medical, submitted form 80 and done medical on 26th of August, medical was finalised already its been 2 weeks now and we haven't receive anything from CO as well, we also notified our CO once we uploaded requested docs but we heard nothing :(

Edited by leah28

So do I! How many points did you have?

Points are only relevant at the invitation stage. After invitation, all visa applications are equal.

A person with 60 points could get a direct grant in 6 weeks, whereas a person with 80 points could be waiting 6 months. It's all down to the individual application.

Points are only relevant at the invitation stage. After invitation, all visa applications are equal.

A person with 60 points could get a direct grant in 6 weeks, whereas a person with 80 points could be waiting 6 months. It's all down to the individual application.

I agree!! the points should not matter.

Is it? What processing order do they follow? There doesn't seem to be any set order [emoji30]

I guess they follow some risk profiles and categorize applicants. This is only my assumption. I do not know how they do it but i assume, for example, i am someone who do not have a travel history or have not claimed points for work experience. My application is for single applicant. Hence, my case should fall under low risk. The risk also takes into consideration the country from which you are applying. If you take my profile as a baseline then i guess we can judge how the department would handle when each of these factors come into picture.

But yeah this could be entirely wrong and only plausible explanation could be "DIBP only knows"

I guess they follow some risk profiles and categorize applicants. This is only my assumption. I do not know how they do it but i assume, for example, i am someone who do not have a travel history or have not claimed points for work experience. My application is for single applicant. Hence, my case should fall under low risk. The risk also takes into consideration the country from which you are applying. If you take my profile as a baseline then i guess we can judge how the department would handle when each of these factors come into picture.

But yeah this could be entirely wrong and only plausible explanation could be "DIBP only knows"

You're right. The processing officers also have to scrutinise EVERY document that they receive. If applicants have only uploaded the essential information that satisfies the criteria and haven't got carried away with uploading every piece of paper in their house then those applications are likely to be processed more quickly.

Also, anyone with any slightly 'off' applications, extensive travel history, past criminal records, military service, and living in or being a citizen of a high risk country must be looked into more carefully as in some circumstances, particularly those above, must go to a senior officer for sign off.

We haven't uploaded too much stuff I don't think...although Alan has qualification certificates coming out of his blooming ears!!

He only has the one minor issue on his police check from over 10 years ago and there has been no extensive travel so hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer. 9 weeks tomorrow [emoji16]

We haven't uploaded too much stuff I don't think...although Alan has qualification certificates coming out of his blooming ears!!

He only has the one minor issue on his police check from over 10 years ago and there has been no extensive travel so hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer. 9 weeks tomorrow [emoji16]

Shouldn't be too long now!!

Is it? What processing order do they follow? There doesn't seem to be any set order [emoji30]

They pick them up in date order, it's all automatic. When there's a grant or a referral, another application jumps onto the screen and so on. If there's a whole heap of applications taking extra time to process then it holds up the queue.

Your application will have already started to have been processed.