189 Visa Lodged July 2015

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So good your agent called and chasing my agent just gets annoyed I think when I ask anything who is your agent?

A chap called "Stephen Dickson", http://www.migrateaus.com.au/

Dude's got the patience of a saint dealing with me. The first time I contacted him, was October 2010! With all the hundreds of emails etc from me, he's not once taken longer than a day to response or even charged me any more than his standard fees, which really isn't a lot.

Finally had contact from DIBP yesterday (our application went in on 9th July).

Just need to complete police checks and medicals now, so fingers crossed!

My application went in 16th July --> Additional info requested on the 6th Aug --> Supplied medicals and clearance on the 13th August --> Still waiting 6 weeks later :(

Hopefully yours will be quicker.

Over the Effin moon, received a phone call this morning from my agent, visa 189 have been granted for

me and my family, 13 months of stress, wait, frustration, and now the phone call this morning has completely been worth it....thank you everyone who helped answer my questions and gave advice, I hope everyone who is still waiting receives theirs asap....

Hello All,

In general, does it take considerably more time for applications with dependents in it?

I'm in Sydney and I have filed my application (me+wife) on July 22nd ==> CO was assigned on 15th Sept asking Form 80 for both of us ==> Submitted for 80 on 16th Sept. Now waiting and not sure how long should it take. I hear some of the families are waiting for years.

Thaks,

Pratap

Hello All,

Hope all of you guys are doing good and hoping to see if my query can be answered.

I submitted my VISA application on August 10 2015 and got an Email from a person with the mail id "gsm.allocated@border.gov.au". Was asked for a few information and uploaded them all.

Is this person the Case Officer or is the CO allocated after this? Some information on this and also next steps will help.

We lodged mid July and heard from CO mid sept to request 3 more documents. We sent them but haven't heard.

I'm hoping we hear very soon as we've sold our house and I have to resign by the end of the week to be able to leave in December. I tried phoning GSM Adelaide for an update on Sunday night but no one answered.

good luck to you both! Hope you hear soon x