189 Visa Lodged July 2015

Good for you! II have a question for you guys. I was on a 457 visa for almost 2 years with an Insurance cover and now that I have a PR189 visa application pending, can I just stop my private health insurance cover? I just signed up for Medicare and I'm not 31 years old yet so I reckon I don't have to worry re:Medicare Levy as of yet.

I'm with iman budget cover and really it doesn't do anything not even a dental and I was hoping to switch to another company just for the extras cover

Might be worth posting this question into a new thread, because you'll have a better chance of grabbing the attention of a member who knows the answer.

You'll only get a limited audience on this thread.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FinallyFinally received our visa this morning after months of worry. We had originally planned to fly out 2 days ago but had to postpone our plans. Very happy now with a new March date set to fly out

I hadn't forgotten about you, so I'm glad the department didn't either. Such a shame that your travel plans were disrupted by only a couple of days.

Congratulations!!!!

I hadn't forgotten about you, so I'm glad the department didn't either. Such a shame that your travel plans were disrupted by only a couple of days.

Congratulations!!!!

Thanks CaptainC! It's been such a stressful time but we got there. 1 more Christmas in the uk.

it was touch & go as they wanted more evidence of my husbands income from 2005-2007. A letter from his employer wasn't sufficient and we no longer had p60s (neither did HMRC). Letter from national insurance saved the day!

Thanks for all your support :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! Happy New Year!!

Has anyone heard any news yet??

Well, I finally got my police certificate after 2 months of waiting but then I received it in a sealed envelope and was told not to open it otherwise it would be rendered invalid. What should I do now? I've been trying to call the Department to ask for questions but they are not taking calls at this time. I guess vacation is not over yet for most people. (sigh!)

Well, I finally got my police certificate after 2 months of waiting but then I received it in a sealed envelope and was told not to open it otherwise it would be rendered invalid. What should I do now? I've been trying to call the Department to ask for questions but they are not taking calls at this time. I guess vacation is not over yet for most people. (sigh!)

When I've seen this question posted previously, the response has always been to go ahead an open it since you need to upload it. Not a situation I've personally been in though.

hi what country did you apply for your police check ????

Hi Guys,

Just joined in this forum, I would like to know if anyone else who applied for Visa last July Still waiting. Would be some comfort to know that I am not alone in waiting for more than 5 months for Visa processing. Filed under skill select 189 / July 22'15 60pts. Production Plant Engineer.

Hi Guys,

Just joined in this forum, I would like to know if anyone else who applied for Visa last July Still waiting. Would be some comfort to know that I am not alone in waiting for more than 5 months for Visa processing. Filed under skill select 189 / July 22'15 60pts. Production Plant Engineer.

Wow that is a long time have you had co contact and what is your immi account status ????

Wow that is a long time have you had co contact and what is your immi account status ????

Actually, CO made contact twice already, status as of Dec 11 is Under Assessment. Yup. It does seem too long, I have seen applicant who were given grants less than 2 mos from date of Lodge..

and their lodge are later than mine like October 2015.. :(

Visa Lodgement : 22 July 2015

CO Courtesy Letter : 14th Sept 2015

Request for Additional Info : 6th Nov 2015

Assesment In Progresss : 11 Dec 2015

Visa Grant : Praying... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i am in the same situation , but some of the delay was because of us as we recieved an email to request more information and we were away from our normal country of residency to provide the info, then after providing all info and forms , they requested more info after waiting 2 months :huh:

now , our application status is "assessment in process " for almost a month now and we are still waiting and praying

what i say to myself , no news is good news , hopefully

Yes i am in the same situation , but some of the delay was because of us as we recieved an email to request more information and we were away from our normal country of residency to provide the info, then after providing all info and forms , they requested more info after waiting 2 months :huh:

now , our application status is "assessment in process " for almost a month now and we are still waiting and praying

what i say to myself , no news is good news , hopefully

Yes, It seems to be that Patience is the Key, it's really more of a Waiting Game now.. Can't get any info from the DIBP as the site specifically states the "Assessment in Progress / Request for Status Updates will not Be attended to during this process"...

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a turn around time post employment verification within which the case goes forward? As per my agent, its usually 3 weeks post verification that DIBP responds.

I filed sub-class 189 visa through agent on 14th July. CO requested additional documents (Form 80 and bank statement) on 10th sept 15 and were submitted by agent on 6th Oct 15. The verification was carried out via mail to HR. This mail was shared with my manager for input since he had provided reference. I have worked with only one company for over 9 years and have claimed maximum points for employment.

I tried searching on the forum but was unable to find any details. Would appreciate input on the query. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got the grant this morning! It took almost 4 weeks of waiting from the last document I turned in but its well worth the wait!

Here's my timeline:

PR189 application submitted: 18th Jul 2015

Medicals: 23rd Jul

Request for further information(AFP/Police certificates): 08th Sept

Request for further information(Personal Particulars for Character Assessment-Form 80s) : 09th Nov

Submitted Current Police Certificate: 11th Jan

Grant: 23rd February 2016 :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I could have sped up the whole process had I frontloaded everything including the police certificates (which took me 2 months before I could get my hands on it!). I could not stress that any further; I would rather give them all the information they need rather than wait for them to ask for it. God speed guys, you will all get yours soon.=))

Finally got a grant today morning. Lodged 14th june 2015. Adelaide team.

I finally got the grant this morning! It took almost 4 weeks of waiting from the last document I turned in but its well worth the wait!

Here's my timeline:

Request for further information(Personal Particulars for Character Assessment-Form 80s) : 09th Nov

I could have sped up the whole process had I frontloaded everything including the police certificates (which took me 2 months before I could get my hands on it!). I could not stress that any further; I would rather give them all the information they need rather than wait for them to ask for it. God speed guys, you will all get yours soon.=))

Congrats guys!!

Here's my timeline:

Congrats JPinJP... your in the same timeline as me, I had mine submitted on July 22nd, but unlike yours, i have already frontloaded all the documents and yet still no Grant, hope fully my file comes next after yours.. he he he he he

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Congratulations. I have a visa submitted but I need to attach my documents in online immi. Does anyone know if these documents have to be verified, such as my birth certificate, passport etc.

My qualifications were verified as I needed verification for the skills assessment and Australian qualification.

Any help much appreciated. I've had a quick look but I've not used the site much and can't find the info.