189 Visa Lodged July 2015

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I submitted my application and paid the fees on August 10th. How long does it take to have a CO assigned in general?

Also i declared my parents as those who will NOT accompany me, still why do they ask for their PCC and medicals?

Has a CO specifically requested them?

Captain, how are you?

I dont think a CO has been assigned as yet. No mail as such. But i see the place for me to upload the documents, so was confused. Also when does a CO come in?

I also see form 1221, is that required?

Just getting in my car, I'll get back to you.

I submitted my application and paid the fees on August 10th. How long does it take to have a CO assigned in general?

Also i declared my parents as those who will NOT accompany me, still why do they ask for their PCC and medicals?

Hi! It took us 8 weeks to be assigned a case officer! Submitted our 189 visa on the 24th June and got our case officer through Tuesday this week!

We were told generally 6-8 weeks x

Hi! It took us 8 weeks to be assigned a case officer! Submitted our 189 visa on the 24th June and got our case officer through Tuesday this week!

We were told generally 6-8 weeks x

Did you wait until you were asked to do your medicals and police checks? X

Did you wait until you were asked to do your medicals and police checks? X

No, we did our Medicals on the 8th August but have only just done the police checks today.

They did advise not to do Medicals until a case officer had been assigned as it is only valid for a year, but we knew we were wanting to be out there by Nov.

xx

Hey guys - I have seen the first peson from July get a direct visa grant (on the VISA spreadsheet).

Has anyone from PIO's July submission received a grant ??

Also - I second the question above, how do you know if you have had a CO assigned ??

All the best

Hey guys - I have seen the first peson from July get a direct visa grant (on the VISA spreadsheet).

Has anyone from PIO's July submission received a grant ??

Also - I second the question above, how do you know if you have had a CO assigned ??

All the best

The only indications that your application is allocated is if you get asked for additional info or you get a grant.

The allocation table on the border website is a load of nonsense because it's way behind the reality.

If you see on the spreadsheet that someone has been asked for some further info (with the exception of Russian citizens & some other HR applicants) or have had visas granted, and they are either after your application date or close to it, then you can safely assume that your application has been allocated.

Hey CaptainC

I've seen a few posts where people are commenting on uploading a form 1221 as well as a form 80. Looking at the form (see link below), it strikes me as very similar to a form 80. I am not sure why it is required - any ideas ??

http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1221.pdf

Don't worry about 1221, it's an additional form for HR applicants

That's good news on my 6th week now and waiting patiently for CO assignment, checking emails constantly.... Have not done medical school or police checks yet waiting on the go ahead from my case worker who has been a dream to work with.... Fingers crossed will hear soon good luck all xx