189 Visa Lodged July 2015

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Not lodged in July but thought I'd say Hi as we're also a family of 4 hoping to move to Brisbane 2016! Hoping for an August/Sept invite! Good luck to all July applicants!

Look forward to reading all progress!!

Hello,

Can anyone let me know where an IT folk can be nominated for 489?

Hi all, does anyone know if I need to upload certified copy of my skill assessment letter?

Or a high-quality colored scan will suffice as I already mentioned the reference/receipt number of the skill assessment letter?

Also, on skill assessment letter my name was put down as "D B C_A". In all other documents, it was "B C D_A". Would it be a problem later on?

The address mentioned on the letter also belongs to one of my relative, as he collected for me during my business trip. That address was not on my visa application/form 80. Would that be ok?

I know they are trivial questions, but really appreciate if anyone could shed some lights. This really help me to alleviate my worries during the very long long wait ...

Hi guys

Have any 189 visa applicants from July been allocated a CO yet or received any correspondence?

I sent mine off on the 1st July, but haven't heard anything back yet. Just wondering if anyone has been allocated a CO yet from roughly the same timeline.

Thanks!

I don't think anyone from the July thread has received a grant or even any correspondence. Someone(kymmbo) in the June thread just got a grant yesterday. He/she had lodged on 21st June so I guess you might get yours by the end of this month.

Edited by Indianinoz

Hi all, does anyone know if I need to upload certified copy of my skill assessment letter?

Or a high-quality colored scan will suffice as I already mentioned the reference/receipt number of the skill assessment letter?

Also, on skill assessment letter my name was put down as "D B C_A". In all other documents, it was "B C D_A". Would it be a problem later on?

The address mentioned on the letter also belongs to one of my relative, as he collected for me during my business trip. That address was not on my visa application/form 80. Would that be ok?

I know they are trivial questions, but really appreciate if anyone could shed some lights. This really help me to alleviate my worries during the very long long wait ...

If you have you skills assessment certificate i would upload, better to be safe than sorry. As for certified copies, i have just received a direct grant having only uploaded good colour copies. Having said that after we uploaded everything we did get a lawyer friend to certify everything whilst we waited just in case they were requested.

LandL

If you have you skills assessment certificate i would upload, better to be safe than sorry. As for certified copies, i have just received a direct grant having only uploaded good colour copies. Having said that after we uploaded everything we did get a lawyer friend to certify everything whilst we waited just in case they were requested.

LandL

How long did you wait for your direct grant [emoji4]

I have a question regarding Accountancy visas. There are a few who have applied to CPA Australia for their work experience assessment. However, my agent did not advice me the same. I have obviously got the skilled assessment done from them. Does DIBP ask for the same or have people got the visa grant without the same as well?

How long did you wait for your direct grant [emoji4]

2 months.. and from all the other details i have seen of other people this seems to be roughly the average. It was just over 2 months though.. i started panicking on tuesday when it was exactly 2 months, wondering what was wrong :)

2 months.. and from all the other details i have seen of other people this seems to be roughly the average. It was just over 2 months though.. i started panicking on tuesday when it was exactly 2 months, wondering what was wrong :)

I assume you mean you paid the fee on 12th of June, correct? What about medicals and PCC?

We've still got a few weeks wait then [emoji22]

I assume you mean you paid the fee on 12th of June, correct? What about medicals and PCC?

We paid and uploaded everything including our PCCs on the 11th and medicals got done on the 23rd and uploaded onto our immi account on the 26th of June ☺

We've still got a few weeks wait then [emoji22]

I had to go cold turkey the last few days and only let myself refresh emails and this forum once a day as I was driving myself slightly mad!! Good luck!

I have a question regarding Accountancy visas. There are a few who have applied to CPA Australia for their work experience assessment. However, my agent did not advice me the same. I have obviously got the skilled assessment done from them. Does DIBP ask for the same or have people got the visa grant without the same as well?

Hi Indianoz .. you are referring to skilled employment claims assessed by CPA Australia rather than DIPB, right? If so, it is what I did, albeit for a different profession. I had my employment claims assessed by AASW, the relevant authority for my profession. At the time, I thought it was a good idea, but I am now in a bit of a panic. Panic because when I submitted my visa application, I only provided the letter from AASW confirming length of employment as evidence (rather than references etc from each of my employers). I am hoping DIBP will accept the letter! If they dont I am in a lot of trouble! I will then have to go back to all my employers to request references, and that could take me many many weeks!

Hi Indianoz .. you are referring to skilled employment claims assessed by CPA Australia rather than DIPB, right? If so, it is what I did, albeit for a different profession. I had my employment claims assessed by AASW, the relevant authority for my profession. At the time, I thought it was a good idea, but I am now in a bit of a panic. Panic because when I submitted my visa application, I only provided the letter from AASW confirming length of employment as evidence (rather than references etc from each of my employers). I am hoping DIBP will accept the letter! If they dont I am in a lot of trouble! I will then have to go back to all my employers to request references, and that could take me many many weeks!

I believe you should apply for employment/client reference letters asap. I think these are mandatory. Even if they don't ask for it, at least be prepared. I have done these. However I don't have an approved body's certified experience certificate. I hope this doesn't delay my application.

What is others opinion on this issue?

It is doubtful that DIBP will accept the AASW letter alone. You will likely need to provide other evidence.

such as:

employment references

contracts, pay slips, tax returns, group certificates

evidence that you have been self-employed

any other documents that you provided to the relevant assessing authority to obtain your skills assessment, including any documents relating to your employment history.

It is doubtful that DIBP will accept the AASW letter alone. You will likely need to provide other evidence.

such as:

employment references

contracts, pay slips, tax returns, group certificates

evidence that you have been self-employed

any other documents that you provided to the relevant assessing authority to obtain your skills assessment, including any documents relating to your employment history.

Thanks Indianinoz and Captain C.

Just to clarify, AASW indicates that in addition to skills assessments, they are an "the authorised relevant assessing authority for the assessment of skilled employment claims of social workers applying to migrate to Australia." They charged me extra for the employment claims assessment - $150! So all the employment references, contracts, pay slips etc you refer to, I submitted to AASW and many months later got the letter/certificate from them confirming length of employment. This, of course, in addition to the letter confirming a positive skills assessment. The letter/certificte confirming length of employment is quite detailed and lists all the items of evidence I provided for each period of employment. I was sincerely hoping this would be sufficient.

It will be really annoying that AASW has taken $150 to provide an assessment that DIBP completely disregards! In the circs, I may have to contact AASW to complain/request all the material I provided in relation to length of employment, and forward it on to DIBP.

Thanks Indianinoz and Captain C.

Just to clarify, AASW indicates that in addition to skills assessments, they are an "the authorised relevant assessing authority for the assessment of skilled employment claims of social workers applying to migrate to Australia." They charged me extra for the employment claims assessment - $150! So all the employment references, contracts, pay slips etc you refer to, I submitted to AASW and many months later got the letter/certificate from them confirming length of employment. This, of course, in addition to the letter confirming a positive skills assessment. The letter/certificte confirming length of employment is quite detailed and lists all the items of evidence I provided for each period of employment. I was sincerely hoping this would be sufficient.

It will be really annoying that AASW has taken $150 to provide an assessment that DIBP completely disregards! In the circs, I may have to contact AASW to complain/request all the material I provided in relation to length of employment, and forward it on to DIBP.

DIBP don't disregard the information. They clearly state that they accept the 'opinion' of an assessing body, but the final decision on experience belongs to DIBP.

You still have to produce the evidence to DIBP for the purposes of verifying your employment experience. You may be ok and they just go ahead and accept, but I doubt it.

AASW have fulfilled their obligation to provide an assessment and opinion of your experience, so it's unlikely that any complaint you make will yield any result. AASW are not affiliated with DIBP at all. They are separate entities, and the applicant is always the person that has the ultimate burden of proof.

Migration law is extremely complicated and that is why it has always been highly recommended to consult a MARA registered agent to prevent this type of thing from happening. People can always go alone if the wish, but do so at their own risk.

Did you keep copies of the info that you sent to AASW? If so you can use that as evidence, if not AASW may be able to send this information back to you, but they don't have to, and if they do, it may cost you.

Edited by CaptainC