189 Visa Lodged July 2015

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news for anyone yet?

Nope none for me...... I saw on another forum that someone who lodged on the 6th july called DIBP and thy weren't even asked for their TRN number as it's too early!!! So I reckon a couple of weeks before they pick up the july lodgements

Nope none for me...... I saw on another forum that someone who lodged on the 6th july called DIBP and thy weren't even asked for their TRN number as it's too early!!! So I reckon a couple of weeks before they pick up the july lodgements

That's right.

I'd say to leave 6 weeks from lodgement at the very least before calling DIBP to ask about your status.

That's right.

I'd say to leave 6 weeks from lodgement at the very least before calling DIBP to ask about your status.

How are you coping with the wait?! You've lodged 2 months before me I'm hoping mine is pretty straightforward but I was in a working holiday in oz in 2010 and I havent uploaded form 80..... I really hope they don't ask for it. I didn't claim any points for experience either so I'm really hoping its a direct grant for me.

I've been told that I have to wait for a waiver because I was unable to provide a PCC for Bermuda. Normal case officers aren't able to issue a waiver and has to be applied for. Hopefully it won't be too long, but I'm far too busy at work to worry about it!

Hey guys, out of interest, how do you know if you have had a CO assigned ?? do your immi account status change at all ??

You'll only find out that you have a case officer if they need to contact you for any reason.

Just as a matter of interest, there's no such thing as a case officer per se. There is a large team of processing officers and they do sections of the visa application as and when they open your application. They can be in any of the visa processing centres in Adelaide or Brisbane. It's been this way since last year I believe. Not that it makes much difference!

How do you know who will get a direct grant?

You don't.

But if you have provided absolutely everything you can think of and your application is complete and correct in the opinion of the processing officers, then you'll get a direct grant.

Edited by CaptainC

I've been told that I have to wait for a waiver because I was unable to provide a PCC for Bermuda. Normal case officers aren't able to issue a waiver and has to be applied for. Hopefully it won't be too long, but I'm far too busy at work to worry about it!

I would still phone up Cap... there seems to be an uncanny correlation with the number of people who call up and then receive an invite 10 minutes later !!!

I would still phone up Cap... there seems to be an uncanny correlation with the number of people who call up and then receive an invite 10 minutes later !!!

Yes, I'm aware, but I have difficulty calling while at sea. I was told to call on Friday, (tonight) but I doubt I'll be able to.

I'm back home next Wednesday and will have more opportunity to call them.

How are you coping with the wait?! You've lodged 2 months before me í*½í¸« I'm hoping mine is pretty straightforward but I was in a working holiday in oz in 2010 and I havent uploaded form 80..... I really hope they don't ask for it. I didn't claim any points for experience either so I'm really hoping its a direct grant for me.

Might be worth at least preparing the Form 80 in case they do ask for it. It takes a while to complete fully and is a pain in the a***!

I previously lived in Oz and also have military service and a travel history as long as my arm, and then some! I knew I'd be asked for it so I just filled it in and submitted it in the first instance, just in case!

Might be worth at least preparing the Form 80 in case they do ask for it. It takes a while to complete fully and is a pain in the a***!

I previously lived in Oz and also have military service and a travel history as long as my arm, and then some! I knew I'd be asked for it so I just filled it in and submitted it in the first instance, just in case!

Yeh I have most of it filled out it must have been an absolute nightmare of a form for you to fill out!!! Good that your busy to try keep your mind off o it......I'm a nurse and work 3 days a week so the 4 days I'm not in work I'm checking my emails like a maniac ? better take up a hobby or something ??