189 Visa Lodged July 2015

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applied 3rd July, CO requested form 80 and evidence of employment on 24th August, which I uploaded on 29th August. Not heard anything since then!

It seems to me that when they request additonal information, the application gets pushed to the back of the queue (July queue, in my case). If that is the case, I will be lucky to hear from them before end of September.

Sob, sob!

I lodged on 13th July but still no word. Does it make sense to call GSM Brisbane/Adelaide office? Or should I just wait? We have not received any intimation. No additional documents requested, no CO assigned etc. We have already uploaded Form 80, PCC and Medicals for both the applicants(me and my wife).

Update:

I have received an email just a few moments back from gsm.allocated@border.gov.au from GSM Adelaide asking for further information. It appears they just want me to share my wife's PTE result through the PTE official website. Does this mean that all other documents are satisfactory? Assuming I provide the result by today evening, when can I expect a grant?

Congratulations Alanlisa I saw you rang them a lot people seem to do that then get grant straight after. I'm not sure I can ring as my agents has all our details and we not aload them so frustrating. Really was hopping was gonna get this week as got co over a week ago now. I hate all this waiting :wacko:

hey guys, is it better (time wise) if the CO got assigned your case and found all your documents uploaded? Or does it make no difference if he asks you to upload some essential documents at a later stage?

It's better to front load it all. I decided not to do that, because I wanted to maximise the time given to activate the visa... though now I'm regretting the wisdom of that decision.

It's better to front load it all. I decided not to do that, because I wanted to maximise the time given to activate the visa... though now I'm regretting the wisdom of that decision.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you don't extend your waiting time any longer. But I'll be notified when a case officer starts on my case though right? And also, there are a couple of documents that the website is asking for such as Australian relevant education and work experience that I don't have so I left them empty, is that ok?

Archived