Aussie bucket list

H283

For anyone planning to return to the UK, do you have a wish list of things you want to do while you are still in Australia?

I cant wait to get back, but at the same time I dont want to wish my time away here.

One of my bucket list items is fish and chip at Cottesloe beach watching the sun set.

Yes, we have travelled a lot in Australia.

I am just trying to think of the little things that I enjoy doing that I wont be able to do when I leave. I only have about 7 weekends left to make the most of!

Guest The Pom Queen

Have you been to Broome? Cuddled a koala, patted a roo, been to Sydney etc.

I think mine would be to travel the West Coast via Kununurra and Broome

Have you been to Broome? Cuddled a koala, patted a roo, been to Sydney etc.

I think mine would be to travel the West Coast via Kununurra and Broome

@The Pom Queen, done both coastal and inland roads many times and the inland road has more to offer. The Kimberley Region is worth a squiz; up, or down the Great Northern Hwy and return via the Gibb River Road. And the Duncan, as far as Lost Poms Creek...:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Definitely agree with above. You should try and get to The Kimberley. Be as self sufficient as possible as it is pricey to stay in hotels. Fly Broome, drive to Derby and do Gibb Road. Stop off in Wyndham and drive to Kununurra. Only a short hop to Darwin from there. It would be a shame to miss NT while still here.

Not much I can suggest close to Perth that you are unlikely to have not seen. Rottnest Island I'd suggest worth a return visit as sure you've been. A weekend in Kalbarri? A meal in The Valley?

Guest The Pom Queen
@The Pom Queen, done both coastal and inland roads many times and the inland road has more to offer. The Kimberley Region is worth a squiz; up, or down the Great Northern Hwy and return via the Gibb River Road. And the Duncan, as far as Lost Poms Creek...:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

lol I think we should ask if we can change the name of that creek

Drive a ute sideways down a dirt road.

Grow a mullet.

Drink a slab of VB, by yourself, in 24 hours.

Read the sign at the bottom of Uluru about it being a sacred aboriginal site, where it requests visitors to appreciate but not climb; say '&$@! it', and start climbing.

Kiss a typical Collingwood supporter (the type with only three teeth).

Eat a meat pie and down a few beers in bay 13 at the MCG, on Boxing Day.

Drive a ute sideways down a dirt road.

Grow a mullet.

Drink a slab of VB, by yourself, in 24 hours.

Read the sign at the bottom of Uluru about it being a sacred aboriginal site, where it requests visitors to appreciate but not climb; say '&$@! it', and start climbing.

Kiss a typical Collingwood supporter (the type with only three teeth).

Eat a

pie and down a few beers in bay 13 at the MCG, on Boxing Day.

All the above would guarantee you would never, ever return. If you think that is what Australia is, you certainly wouldn't want to, either.

One of my bucket list items is fish and chip at Cottesloe beach watching the sun set.

I have done many amazing things in Australia. I have also eaten fish and chips on the beach at Cottesloe watching the sun set, and I have to say it was underwhelming.

I have done many amazing things in Australia. I have also eaten fish and chips on the beach at Cottesloe watching the sun set, and I have to say it was underwhelming.

My in laws loved watching the sunset from Cottesloe - although we did take a rather nice bottle of Mgt River rose and I packed a picnic - we then took them to Kings Park at night for the views. Having said that - they were with us, so it may very well have been the company they were keeping that made them enjoy it so much :wink:

lol I think we should ask if we can change the name of that creek

@The Pom Queen, Ok, How about the Behn River? Incidentally, the actual Argyle Downs station is on the banks of the Behn, just that the homestead building was removed and rebuilt at the Lake Argyle dam site.

Cheers, Bobj.

Me too! It was the wrong time of year when I went so had to 'make do' with manta rays. ( which were very impressive ...but just not when you were hoping for whale sharks!)

April through to November for the whale sharks.

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived