Never been so glad we MBTTUK

My mam died today after a very sudden illness - my dad called the Dr Friday morning, she was taken into hospital that evening and we were told yesterday she had advanced bowel cancer and by the time we went in this morning she was unconscious and died this afternoon.

If we were still in Australia I simply wouldn't have been here fast enough to support my dad - we had a lot to take in yesterday and some difficult decisions to make and he just kept saying thank god I was there.

Oh LR! I am so sorry for your loss. I know it was your dad that worried you most recently so to lose your mum so suddenly must be awful. Sympathies to you all.

Yep, this has shocked us all - the scenario of my mum dying first was not one that had ever been played out in my head. Actually though it is probably better this way, my mum had been plagued with mental health problems most of her adult life and was entirely dependent on my dad - my dad is more capable of leading an independent life in the fullness of time for the time he has left.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived