And the UK election result is.......

srg73

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ellie. You may think ancient history back in Henry VIII day is vitally important in all this but I don't.

This had all been a big beat up in Scotland.

Scotland will be a big loser if they ever do break away from the UK.

I do not care about Henry VIII; he has nothing to do with Scotland. Again you show your ignorance. You may think that Scotland would be the loser but many disagree. I could give many reasons why but honestly can't be a'sed debating with someone with so little knowledge.

Guest Guest66881
Come on Paul, this isn't even funny. I thought better of you.

Just trying to lighten the mood mate, i do stand by my comment about scotland not having the gumption or the nerve to go it alone they couldn't afford it for one.

Why on earth do you keep replying then if you can't justify your stance.

??? I don't have to justify myself as I know I'm right. I just hoped to stop your stupid, uninformed posts. As that seems impossible I will ignore them from this point on.

Just trying to lighten the mood mate, i do stand by my comment about scotland not having the gumption or the nerve to go it alone they couldn't afford it for one.

More like the UK couldn't afford to let us go. Where would they put their big nuclear weapons for a start? :wink:

I too have questioned the gumption and nerve, but hope they have it now, but disagree that they couldn't afford to. There have been many times over the years when the will was there but there was no real leadership. The SNP were founded in 1934 and have finally become the strong, for want of a better word, rallying point for the aspirations of the people. You cannot understand how much I want them to succeed.

It's a pity that a thread about the UK election has ended up with Scots and English trying to score points. I guess the SNP has stirred a hornets nest and even people who weren't that bothered before have seen the chance of autonomy. There will be rumblings, discussions and a push for another referendum now they've had the one go. No-one is going to be happy until it happens.

I don't think there will be another referendum soon. It's all the media talk about now and I don't mean our media. All we've done is sent 56 mp's down. Not everybody who voted for them voted yes, my friend didn't. So if it was a "decisive" result and it's just the smaller amount who aren't happy with the union then what do they have to worry about? Do they think that people have changed their minds? I don't think that many people want another one right now, they are happy to see what happens with the smith commission, the EU referendum and the talk about making the UK more federal

Why on earth would there be another referendum ?

If you have a referendum and are on the losing side do you keep asking for another hoping for a a different result.

Maybe in another 20 years or 30 years time, but not before that.

I don't think there will be another referendum soon. It's all the media talk about now and I don't mean our media. All we've done is sent 56 mp's down. Not everybody who voted for them voted yes, my friend didn't. So if it was a "decisive" result and it's just the smaller amount who aren't happy with the union then what do they have to worry about? Do they think that people have changed their minds? I don't think that many people want another one right now, they are happy to see what happens with the smith commission, the EU referendum and the talk about making the UK more federal

I have to say that your posts on this issue are the most insightful, balanced and informed.

It's a pity that a thread about the UK election has ended up with Scots and English trying to score points. I guess the SNP has stirred a hornets nest and even people who weren't that bothered before have seen the chance of autonomy. There will be rumblings, discussions and a push for another referendum now they've had the one go. No-one is going to be happy until it happens.

It is a pity, because it has nothing to do with Scots v English. It is simply that the Scots want to be responsible for their own destiny. The way the Union was formed England was always going to decide what was to happen. Considering the difference in culture it's surprising the Union has lasted this long. Please people, just let things evolve. There is no need for animosity.

It is a pity, because it has nothing to do with Scots v English. It is simply that the Scots want to be responsible for their own destiny. The way the Union was formed England was always going to decide what was to happen. Considering the difference in culture it's surprising the Union has lasted this long. Please people, just let things evolve. There is no need for animosity.

That's absolutely how I feel too. All I want is scotland to be able to decide its future, there's no hatred towards England from me. I'm too soft for all that stuff, I get hurt when I see all the horrible comments about scotland in the media or social media. I need to toughen up lol. I don't understand why anybody has any problem with us wanting real power. I would be happy to see the rest of the UK have more powers devolved to their cities etc. If they found it hard to swallow the idea of a SNP labour coalition then think about it would be like for us controlling nearly all of their matters from Edinburgh? Would they be happy with that? Just because something has been there for hundreds of years doesn't mean it still works