189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

Thanks guys... its a frustrating wait, given they already have the new SOL.... I am not sure what they gain by not releasing it a little ahead of July 1st..

Another quick question - I have seen some people tend to do a form 80 ( or perhaps get requested to submit a form 80), whilst others don't. Is it simply at the request of the CO whether they want one or not ?

Cheers

There's no hard and fast rule about whether to complete it.

Personally I completed it because I have military service to declare and extensive travel history.

Form 80 is a questionnaire for the character test, but it seems that some get asked and others don't and it doesn't seem to follow any pattern.

Some people are of the opinion that you should complete it and upload it, others say complete it and wait to see if you are asked and others say cross that bridge when you come to it.

My reasoning is that when the turn comes to look at your application, if they have form 80 already, then they don't have to ask for it, therefore keeping your application at the top of their pile! Just a theory!

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Makes Sense... My challenge is that I have made literally hundreds of overseas trips in the last 10 years (I travel a lot with work)!!! will have to see if I can reliably get this info...

thanks Cap...

You haven't seen anything like my travel history!! It took me several months (about 5-6) to gather all of the travel history and I made a spreadsheet similar to the table on the form, it was over 20 pages long (landscape).

You just have to make as much effort in the accuracy as you can.

Old emails, friends, family, colleagues can all help with this, as well as entry/exit stamps in passports. Do it as best you can and then maybe write a statement at the bottom to say it's as accurate as you can make it with the available information that you have.

Like I said to another poster last year, they won't hang you for missing a stag do to Poland or a booze run to France, but if you miss out on the three months you spent in Afghanistan or Syria then they will have a big problem with you!

I think the CO asked for my form 80 since I worked in a few countries and traveled quite a bit.

Apart from that I also received a long email from DIBP team 13 requesting more information (extremely detailed information) regarding my employment and gaps between employment. I also learnt from our HR department that they did reach them to verify work history!

I think the CO asked for my form 80 since I worked in a few countries and traveled quite a bit.

Apart from that I also received a long email from DIBP team 13 requesting more information (extremely detailed information) regarding my employment and gaps between employment. I also learnt from our HR department that they did reach them to verify work history!

Oh dear.....maybe I'd better forewarn my employer!

Hi everyone,

Iam new to this blog. It's interesting to see the conversations.

I have applied for 189 on 3/April/2015 and CO allotted on 21/May/2015, requesting additional information form and our marriage certificate. Replied back on 22/May/2015.

Haven't received any feedback from DIBP till date. Keeping the fingers crossed and awaiting eagerly for the grant. Any idea of how this system works after CO's request completed?

Cheers,

Rajan

Still no contact.

Am a bit confused that some May applicants have had CO Contact already ??

It's the no contact and hence not knowing the progress that's the worst, at least if I'd have received a holding email or CO Contact I'd know it was flowing through the system.

Hi M005,

I had the same concern and someone on this forum said that it is very likely that we already have COs. If you already provided all required documents, the CO might not contact you. If you look at the tracker, it seems that COs only contact applicants if further information is required.

I gave Hong Kong Police a call earlier and they confirmed that our HK PCCs were sent to DIBP on 17th June. That process took 3 weeks although they state 4 weeks when you apply. I then rang GSM Adelaide, and they haven't yet received it. However, the lady did state that anything sent to them usually take 7 days to be processed.

So I guess that with 4 days for delivery and 7 days for processing...I guess (that finally!) my squeaky bum time will start on Monday!!!

Anyway, I'm off to Australia tonight on a stupidly timed flight to Cairns (arrives at 4:20am!!!) for my recce trip to decide whether we're moving to Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide (as well as to stock up on Cherry Ripes, of course!).

I gave Hong Kong Police a call earlier and they confirmed that our HK PCCs were sent to DIBP on 17th June. That process took 3 weeks although they state 4 weeks when you apply. I then rang GSM Adelaide, and they haven't yet received it. However, the lady did state that anything sent to them usually take 7 days to be processed.

So I guess that with 4 days for delivery and 7 days for processing...I guess (that finally!) my squeaky bum time will start on Monday!!!

Anyway, I'm off to Australia tonight on a stupidly timed flight to Cairns (arrives at 4:20am!!!) for my recce trip to decide whether we're moving to Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide (as well as to stock up on Cherry Ripes, of course!).

Get me some Tim Tams while you're there!

So I have just returned from a 3 days 'goodbye' trip to see family (we are doing this now and in Sept) and getting ready for 2 night shifts in work. By the time all that is settled we will be nearly at the 1st of July guys, we finally nearly completed the wait. I didn't think I could survive that long without hearing but we did.

Going to be such an exciting time for so many of us in July!

Dear Friends,

I lodged our S189 visa on 04 March 2015 for me and my wife. My wife is the primary applicant and I am the dependent.I uploaded the documents except PCC and MC. CO assigned on 22 April and requested MC and PCC for my wife and MC, PCC, Form 80 for myself.

I replied to CO on 13 May 2015 by email and I sent the hardcopies to adeladide office by DHL and it was received on 22 May 15. I am waiting for a reply but no news yet.

Please share your experience, if you are in the same boat.

Pranavan

Well it's 8.31pm in Australia, The website is closed until 7am for maintenance so I would presume we wont get visa's until it opens back up. So it looks like we will start hearing from 10pm tonight... Although immigration did tell me it could take a week or two for us all to hear. It's nice knowing there is a chance. However, counting down to 10pm is like sitting here on xmas eve watching Norad Santa Tracker!