Star447

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting - I called to check that the additional docs submitted in August were accepted. They were accepted. That's it. No updates..... Sigh.... Wondering if anyone knows why it takes so long..... Could it be location of residence? Current citizenship? Travel history? Place of birth? Work experience? Points on lodging visa? I guess it's just a wait..... Although, it would be good to have some certainty, especially since this has been an investment of time (no agents involved) and money... Just rambling here :)

Still waiting - I called to check that the additional docs submitted in August were accepted. They were accepted. That's it. No updates..... Sigh.... Wondering if anyone knows why it takes so long..... Could it be location of residence? Current citizenship? Travel history? Place of birth? Work experience? Points on lodging visa? I guess it's just a wait..... Although, it would be good to have some certainty, especially since this has been an investment of time (no agents involved) and money... Just rambling here :)

Hi all - FINALLY!!!!!! Just received the grant email this morning!!!! It has been a really long journey for us! Thanks to everyone on the forum for the support with information! Good luck to the others who are still waiting!

Cheers!

Hi all - FINALLY!!!!!! Just received the grant email this morning!!!! It has been a really long journey for us! Thanks to everyone on the forum for the support with information! Good luck to the others who are still waiting!

Cheers!

Congratulation! Time to celebrate... Wishing you a great life ahead.

BTW, when did you lodged the visa and which country are you from?

I'm still waiting for my grant...Its been almost 6 months since lodged my visa. I have no clue how much longer would it take for them to complete the routine checks Fingers crossed!!

I share your frustration. Lodged on 14th May and no updates yet. Have you tried calling them? If so, what did they say.

I called them 3 months ago and was informed that my application can proceed once the check results are back to IMMI. Emailed CO 2 months ago and was told IMMI cannot control the time taken to complete the checks so I will have to wait. Is your application under routine checks too? Couldn't think of any other reason why its taking so long.

I called them 3 months ago and was informed that my application can proceed once the check results are back to IMMI. Emailed CO 2 months ago and was told IMMI cannot control the time taken to complete the checks so I will have to wait. Is your application under routine checks too? Couldn't think of any other reason why its taking so long.

I am not sure if its under routine check as no one has informed about it. I did ask if it has gone for security check, to which they said they cannot disclose. A lot of time they mentioned that it is under mandatory checks. Ideally they should drop an email informing the applicants that it has gone for external check and will take long, so we don't bother to call them.

It really is frustrating!!!!

Cheers!

Congrtas @silverchair...............my final set of documents were submitted on 4th September, no response yet still waiting

• 1 month later...
Hearty congratulations!! It appears that it took exact 6 months for your visa grant from your application submission date. What skill did you apply under? What timeline is given to you to enter Australia?

Thanks Digvijay. Yes, it took exact 6 months . I applied for Computer and System Engineer. The first date of entry is given as 27th May 2016 or before. May 27th 2015 was the date of PCC, so an year from that date.

• 2 months later...
Hi silverchair, i m in the same condition as you. Congratulation to you. how do you handle your payslip and tax problems regarding work experience. Need help.

We got official letters from our employers clearly stating every job, role, salary, designation, etc, and provided bank statements which clearly show the credit of salaries. Some companies also provide monthly payslips upon request. Being in the Middle East, there is no tax.