189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We submitted our application at the end of April. The CO contacted us for our PCCs by mid of June and we completed uploaded everything around then. After that we haven't heard anything from the CO and no visa grant yet. Still waiting...... Any idea why it's taking so long? It's been over 2 months since all our info was uploaded and over 4 months since we applied! The wait is really exhilarating.... anyone in the same boat?

Good to hear everyone is receiving their visa grants. We're still waiting....very long wait.

Silverchair I have read from earlier posts in this thread that some applicants contacted the CO to see what was holding things up. In some cases the visa was granted several hours later.

We submitted our application at the end of April. The CO contacted us for our PCCs by mid of June and we completed uploaded everything around then. After that we haven't heard anything from the CO and no visa grant yet. Still waiting...... Any idea why it's taking so long? It's been over 2 months since all our info was uploaded and over 4 months since we applied! The wait is really exhilarating.... anyone in the same boat?

Do you have any self employed experience in your application or only job related experience? I have heard that they are taking their own time to verify the genuineness of self employed ones.

Hi guys we are in the still waiting boat as we are applying for a 189 as an accountant using 60 points as advised by our Migration agents. Having lost the plot with them for being totally reactive rather than proactive they have now advised to seek more experience points (I have over 25 years in the industry) to push me up to 65 points. Anyone else getting that sort of advice ?

In July it was 65 hence the recommended extra 5 points.

In July only accountants with 70 points or more were invited. In August I think it went down to 65. If you're already scoring 20 points for English and don't have any other proper way to boost points, then you have to wait. Of course the other alternative is to apply through 190 route where you get 5 points for state nomination.

Nope, no self employment. They have now requested more information on work experience.... payslips, contracts, etc....

Hopefully it gets done sooner than later! Has anyone had to submit more proof of employment? What documents did you submit additionally?

I have submitted up front:

Tax returms

Reference letters

few payslips

Contract of employment

I didn't have any questions and requests from CO so it was ok.

Nope, no self employment. They have now requested more information on work experience.... payslips, contracts, etc....

Hopefully it gets done sooner than later! Has anyone had to submit more proof of employment? What documents did you submit additionally?

@silverchair, I submitted my offer letters, experience letter salary certificates, bank statements, income tax return and now I am asked to provide job reference letters showing details of duties, i still confused that the provided evidences are not enough for him

We submitted all documents that were submitted to Engineers Australia. The CO requested copy of our work visa and other proof such as contracts, pay slips, tax returns, superannuation, etc. There's no tax in our country, and its a paperless system, so we're submitting contracts, bank statements and visa copies. I do hope this suffices, in addition to the job reference letter outlining duties that was submitted earlier. I have been reading about how the CO doesn't keep asking for information to fill in gaps and you need to provide whatever you have, so that's all of it now! Hope that things go smoothly!

• 2 weeks later...
No updates yet.... have you tried giving them a call till now?

No bro, I didn't call but requested for some extra time for collecting additionally requested documents, as I had to go back to Pakistan from UAE to collect my reference letters from ex employers, have received them now, hopefully will be sending them today after I get my statuary declaration for the current job.