189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

I'm a 489 VISA applicant, submitted 31 December. CO assigned 13 Feb..... I will be on the 7th month of waiting now, I'm hoping for my sanity that the visa will be granted in 17 days time. I also hope that all our visas are just sat there waiting to be granted come the 1st July. This waiting has been horrendous. It's the NOT KNOWING, we have practicLly sold our house and I would like to make further plans but I daren't until I know for definite. So frustrating as they say 489 visa applicants are also 75% completed within 3 months.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a 489 VISA applicant, submitted 31 December. CO assigned 13 Feb..... I will be on the 7th month of waiting now, I'm hoping for my sanity that the visa will be granted in 17 days time. I also hope that all our visas are just sat there waiting to be granted come the 1st July. This waiting has been horrendous. It's the NOT KNOWING, we have practicLly sold our house and I would like to make further plans but I daren't until I know for definite. So frustrating as they say 489 visa applicants are also 75% completed within 3 months.

That's a horrendous amount of time to wait, especially for 489 which is in priority group 3 (higher than 189). Might seem like a silly question but have you called to speak to the case officer? You might find that you've just been unlucky and your application got forgotten about or that they need to find out more information. Either way an answer will settle your mind.

I think after 7 months and paying thousands in visa application fees you've got the justification to ask what the hell is going on!

I just noticed on one of your other posts on another thread that you completed medicals and PCC in April. That's most likely why it has taken so long, and now you've been stuck in the delay phase before the new programme year along with the rest of the April/May/June applicants.

Although you submitted in December you can only really start counting from the date of submitting the Meds and PCC as that is when your application was completed.

CaptainC, I did receive the delay email via my agent. I asked her if it was worth chasing them up, she said she used to work for The Immigration dept and felt that it really wasn't worth chasing at this stage and should just sit tight until we get to July. I've read some people have been lucky enough to get through, others haven't been able to get an answer, it's all very hit and miss. I'm sure they have gone through the applicants,miss a shame they can't confirm that yes you can have your visa but the official documentation cannot be allocated until July. I wander how many thousands of people are in the same boat around the world. Must be a nightmare for the Imm dept too, trying to field all the calls and emails. Shame they can't plaid something with more solid news on each application they have which would reduce the amount of calls they must receive.

we are going to call immigration tomorrow and see if anything can be done for us , our baby is due in a weeks time !

Maybe they'll make an exception. But I asked a similar question a few weeks back and was told that if I child is born then I'd have to apply for a child visa, a subclass 101 I think it was.

Were you aware of that?

Was talking to a very helpful lady this morning. Was told since we were not allocated a case officer , they couldn't help us at the moment. If the baby is born before it's granted, we will need to add the baby to the application.

If the baby is born before it's granted, we will need to add the baby to the application.

Hope that the baby comes before the grant...It's cheaper to add on before grant than apply for the 101 afterwards.

Babies cost enough as it is!!

Best of luck for the birth by the way!!

Hope that the baby comes before the grant...It's cheaper to add on before grant than apply for the 101 afterwards.

Babies cost enough as it is!!

Best of luck for the birth by the way!!

Were living in Brisbane on a 457 , so fingers crossed it will be born an Ozzie !

Thank you all,

I have submitted all required documents on the same day when I lodged my PR including PCC

Next day I have appeared for Medicals,

So my file was perfectly alright to go...

I was just waiting....with my wife and kids....

May be Im lucky.....

Thank you all,

I have submitted all required documents on the same day when I lodged my PR including PCC

Next day I have appeared for Medicals,

So my file was perfectly alright to go...

I was just waiting....with my wife and kids....

May be Im lucky.....

I bet it came as a real surprise!! A nice one of course!!

I bet it came as a real surprise!! A nice one of course!!

Yes,,,,I lost hope and counting days....never expected.....

postponed so many things assuming i will get in july...

Now i need to rush to do things in short time.

I wish and pray for all of you guys.........

Interesting news just posted on DIBP website. Industrial action commencing today until 26th June 2015 which may affect visa processing.

Article here: http://www.newsroom.immi.gov.au/releases/60879986-528a-4cfe-bbe4-16b879795994

Protected industrial action will commence today, and will continue intermittently until Friday, 26 June 2015. During this period, airports, client service centres, ports, container examination facilities and visa processes may be affected.

The protected industrial action is being undertaken by Community and Public Sector Union members employed with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (ACBPS).

The Immigration and Border Protection Portfolio is working with partner agencies, airport owners and airlines to minimise impact on the travelling public and on cargo and mail operations. The Portfolio is also ensuring appropriate contingencies are in place for visa and citizenship services.

ACBPS Deputy CEO Border Operations, Michael Outram, said the Portfolio has arrangements in place to protect Australia's borders and minimise the impact on business operations.

"While there will be some delays in services, we anticipate that contingency measures in place will keep interruptions to a minimum. The Portfolio regrets any inconvenience this industrial action may cause the public and industry," Mr Outram said.

"During protected industrial action, the health and safety of our people and the protection of the border continue to be our priority."

Passengers may be impacted at international airports from Tuesday, 16 June 2015. Regular updates about protected industrial action will be published on Portfolio websites (http://www.customs.gov.au and http://www.immi.gov.au) and official Facebook pages.

"The Portfolio has negotiated with bargaining representatives to develop a proposed enterprise agreement that provides the best possible outcome for the combined workforce in a challenging operational and fiscal environment," Mr Outram said.

"The proposed enterprise agreement has been circulated to employees, and will be put to a vote as soon as the approvals required under the under the Australian Government Public Sector Workplace Bargaining Policy have been secured."

Airports affected are:

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]

• Perth:
  • Darwin:
  • Brisbane:
  • Gold Coast:
  • Melbourne:
  • Adelaide:
  • Cairns:

[/TD]

[TD=width: 240]18 June 2015

18 June 2015

24 June 2015

24 June 2015

25 June 2015

26 June 2015

26 June 2015

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Congratulations mate! Fingers crossed for the rest of us that grants will come soon! I'm so tired of waking up every morning, sometimes at night, just to check my emails...

Sooooo glad im not alone when it comes to waking in the middle of the night to check my Imm account. I was embarassed when my migration agent told me she receives an email everytime someone logs into the account :err: Doesnt stop me though and I still keep checking